May 19 2010
By: shootUNyerDANG_i First Son 4 posts

Red Dead DUD!

71 replies 15 views Edited May 19, 2010

Well, to say I am disappointed is an understatement. I can't even recall when this game was announced, but it seems like more than a year ago. After a couple of pushbacks on the release date, I could not wait for yesterday. I waited only to be disappointed.

SIngle player mode is by far the strong point of this game. Great graphics, story line kind of lingers and becomes tiring between gameplay. But there is more interaction here than in multiplayer. Still not enough to make this a "great" game. (Wait for the hundreds of copies that are going to be turned into to local Gamestop next week!)

Multiplayer. Yeouch! This is a HUGE dud! I loved GTA 4 and spent more hours than I care to mention in online play. I have also spent way too many hours on COD MW2 as well. If you are use to the fast pace of MW2, then get ready *YAWN* to be lulled into a deeeeeep sleep. There is hardly any interaction with game characters in multiplayer like in GTA 4. You have to get on a horse and ride for miles just to see another player (or find the transport which is boring as well). You can point your weapon behind, in front and above someone's head from a stupid distance and kill them. No skill needed.

Think of this like playing GTA 4 without all of the cars you can steal, you have to walk everywhere, no buildings to climb and remove everything and give you a big, blank open desert. Really? What were you guys thinking at Rockstar? This is fun because......?  In the time it takes me to locate another player online to have a gunfight with, I could play 2 deathmatches on MW2.

With todays fast action, fast paced video games, it shocks me that someone would put this much time and money into a title like this without a HUGE delivery. This game DOES NOT deliver!

Unless Rockstar comes out with some cool add-ons, this game will go down in flames fast. You will play it for a day or two then the disk will find it's way back into the case only to be forgotten. That's too bad. It seemed like a great concept.

Red Dead Dud - Avoid it.

Message 1 of 72 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Re: Red Dead DUD!

May 19, 2010

Yea I don't think this is a FPS. If you're looking for fast paced sniper rifles and grenades, stay with CoD or Socom. What were you expecting? Second I don't care for those who think if the multiplayer isn't good, it isn't a great game. I couldn't care less for multiplayer, especially for this type of game. I play for the story and overall single player gameplay and replay value. I don't know what you were expecting, they've had trailers out for a while showing multiplayer gameplay.

Once again your post seems as if you were misinformed, what exactly were you thinking before you bought it? Research up on it a little, did you not think it was going to be in a desert? Are climbing buildings that important? I climbed a building in Armadillo just so you know, it's not that special.

To be honest I'm going to take your post with a grain of salt. You were either very misinformed before you bought this game because all of your complaints were made known like months ago. It's a sandbox western filled with mountains, plains and desert... Sorry there weren't cars and machine guns for you. Or you're just compaining to be complaining. Sorry but that's the way I see it. You bought it so don't blame R* for making this type of game.

Message 2 of 72 (15 Views)
Wastelander
946 posts

May 19, 2010

so far i am OK with it. i need to spend more time with it for sure. it definitly doesnt blow you outta the water on first impressions.

Message 3 of 72 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2235 posts

May 19, 2010

LOLSorry its not MW2, next time read a description be4 buying the game. GTA theme became old fast so this Western approach is totally welcome. Plus, its just an amazing game. Online and offline. 

Photobucket
Message 4 of 72 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
637 posts

May 19, 2010
ya this is deff not CoD nor does it hint at being it.... to compare this to a online game i would have to say GTA and of course and Uncharted... the only game modes ARE SUPPER FUN and deff arnt a bore.... and if you have enough guys running around on free roam looting and doing missions makes it even better!

should have watched or read reviews before ya bought it!

Message 5 of 72 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

May 19, 2010

The free roam is the only Multiplayer where you had to ride for a long time - try playing one of the competative game modes.  The onese that start with a mexican standoff. 

Message 6 of 72 (15 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

May 19, 2010

Yeah I'm not sure I understand the comparing here.  It seems like you are trying to compare apples and oranges.  They are completely different from one another.  I agree with 616infernal.

Message 7 of 72 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1179 posts

May 19, 2010
LOL @ OP. Comparing MW2 to RDR? Instead of complaing about a game in which you have zero control of changing, go back to MW2 or better yet go steal a car in GTA .
Photobucket
Message 8 of 72 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

May 19, 2010
Go ahead and send me your copy then OP, I had to rent the game cause I'm broke. But I'm loving everything about it. Just as need to fix the glitches in MP and we'll be set
govbrown138
Message 9 of 72 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

May 19, 2010

How do you get to the competitive game modes?

Message 10 of 72 (15 Views)
0 Likes