It means Original Poster

govbrown138
Message 32 of 72 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

Re: Red Dead DUD!

May 20, 2010

What??!!!! You mean to tell me that this game plays nothing like COD MW2 or any other shooter where u need 10 cups of sugar to play? I'm on board. Lol.

I really hate it when people try to compare games in which they want the newer game to be exactly like what an older game is. God forbid any talented developers have the courage to show creativity or something unique in their projects!

MAzing87
Message 33 of 72 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3260 posts

May 20, 2010

I don't know if its a viable comparison, but I see most as being SP or mp fans.  Granted their are SP fans that enjoy mp, but seldom does it seem the mp fans are big on SP campaign.

• I have barely progressed the story.  So far... I've shot birds riding on top of a train, played horseshoes, killed a pack of wolves with a knife, filleted a skunk, picked flowers for a dead woman (above the ground), assaulted gang hideouts, herded cattle, run from the law, played poker, rescued a sheriff held hostage,........

I still don't care for the horse controls (even tho I'm very proficient), but I won't devalue the whole over small details.

Message 34 of 72 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

May 20, 2010
Stick to ModernW@nkerfest 2 OP, leave the games with depth to mature people.
Message 35 of 72 (5 Views)
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

May 20, 2010

...this entire thread is one giant /facepalm.

You know you're a fanboy when you refer to the Xbox as "The Box".
Message 36 of 72 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

May 20, 2010

To the OP: You don't have to walk anywhere, press the up button to whistle for your horse. And if you do walk, you'll get mauled by a cougar -not fast paced enough?  This guy's tripping.

Message 37 of 72 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

May 20, 2010

I love all COD games and  I love playing everything in Uncharted 2.

But this REd Dead is the cats MEOWWWW.

Just because someone likes fast pased games like COD, and Linear Games like Uncharted, doesn mean someone won't like strolling around on a kick butt horse for hours hunting with friends in a sandbox, non-linear game.

Me and my boys (posse) we play a lot fo games 2gether and we have been waiting for this one for a while. Man we have played for 3 days, 8 hours a day, and still are hanging out in Free Roam Private doing it all and having a BLAST. Every morning comes, 3am, and we still don't want  to get off our horse. The horses are amazing.

Last night we were hunting Courger during a Thunder Storm at night. Just standing on that cliff, looking out 20 miles or more across a vast region to the distant mountains and watching the thunder. Man, it was amazing. Were all sitting there talking about how cool it was then a pack or cougers came out of no where, man that was exciting!!! Look up and you get water in your eyes, lol, during a rain storm. Amazing cool, totally immerssed in the moment. Game is great at doing that!

Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Message 38 of 72 (5 Views)
Survivor
2759 posts

May 20, 2010
Sounds like a great experience. You got me thinking of heading down to the game store right now, lol.
MAzing87
Message 39 of 72 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

May 20, 2010

MAzing87 wrote:
Sounds like a great experience. You got me thinking of heading down to the game store right now, lol.

Well I loved Far Cry 2, it was open sand box, but without your buds. I wish I could have had my buds with me in that game also. Hopefully FarCry 3 will enable Co-op also.

If you like just hanging out in a virtual space and getting into the surroundings, this game does that. No, it is hardly ever a real fast pace game, but it has it all. Just open your mind into a real, virtual experience. The more you play, figure out what all you can actual do, have good friends to play with, its fantastic game so far.

Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Message 40 of 72 (5 Views)
0 Likes