This widget could not be displayed.

Re: My Resident Evil 5 Demo Review

Feb 2, 2009

blightedjosh wrote:

Yacboi4life wrote:
how can u say u r fan whn u don't like the camera, i mean the whole point they do that is b.c starting re4 it wasn't really scary so they add that so it can atlest suprise you if they take that out, it just a action shooter game and re no more
Message Edited by Yacboi4life on 02-02-2009 01:30 PM

Yeah, i'm not a "real" fan because i hate the camera lol. I'm also not a fan of trying to decypher what you typed.

Also, have you played the other RE games? The game has lost it's roots and since i have played the series since day 1 (that's right, i bought RE 1 for PS1 the day it came out) i have the right to complain about the direction they have taken this game. Do you own every RE game?  Have you even PLAYED every RE game? IMO RE: CV for Dreamcast was the best one (you do know that one right "fan"?). These last 2 RE games ARE NOT RE GAMES! This stupid "Gears Of War" camera angle should never be used in any game.

If you guys like the game, go right ahead. I'm sure if your not annoyed by your charicter taking up a huge chunk of the screen and can play through that then that's great. Me, no can do. I'm not here to stop anyone from playing this game. Just giving my opinion.

Well a change in camera was almost a must for the turn the story took.  Since it became more anti-terrorism than zombies, it lost it's horror feel.  So it became Survival/action, the old RE camera doesn't exactly work with action.  I do agree the old games were amazing (though I liked RE2 the most myself), but I still love both 4 and 5.

PSN = Deathsyt.
Message 11 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes

Feb 2, 2009

Endau_Phlyphe wrote:

Well a change in camera was almost a must for the turn the story took.  Since it became more anti-terrorism than zombies, it lost it's horror feel.  So it became Survival/action, the old RE camera doesn't exactly work with action.  I do agree the old games were amazing (though I liked RE2 the most myself), but I still love both 4 and 5.

RE 2 = Win

Your right, the old camera doesn't work with action BUT like i have said, if the backed the camera off alot the game would be great.

">
Message 12 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes

Feb 2, 2009
Don't argue his opinion, he's entitled to it. He's obviously learned having regarded CV as the best game(Which is true!). I'm an all time fan and even I dislike 5's camera. Major step forward than 4's but that's not saying much. Either way, don't argue with him over his experience. We can't all love it, and refuse to accept criticism. The game is great, but not perfect in the slightest after all.
Random Images
Message 13 of 19 (0 Views)

Feb 2, 2009

Also, if they wanted to make it more action oriented, why can't you run & shoot???

I understand that they have kinda kept the controls the same, but for this game it does not work

">
Message 14 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes

Feb 2, 2009
HAVE YOU NOT HEARD THAT THE NEW CONTROL SCHEME WILL ALOW YOU TO MOVE AND SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!....i for one will not use that cheap mechanic....(stop and aim) FTW!!!
Message 15 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes

Feb 2, 2009
^Gotta disagree with you there. Running and shooting needs to stay away from RE. We're not fighting for oil, we're fighting Wesker and we need to conserve ammo! lol Being able to run with fire power, isn't only wreckless but it takes years of WAR to actually be effective in the skill it takes. I'd rather a more realistic action game, where you actually have to A-I-M.
Random Images
Message 16 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes

Feb 2, 2009

blightedjosh wrote:

Also, if they wanted to make it more action oriented, why can't you run & shoot???

I understand that they have kinda kept the controls the same, but for this game it does not work

I thinkkkk it's because it adds to the tension. Like when running you think do I have enough time to stop and pop a few rounds off into the enemy, and misjudging makes you panic and have to escape again. It can make my heart thump more anyways

Joe_w-uk Trophy Card
Message 17 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes

Feb 2, 2009
The only way I would accept shooting while moving is if they walk. Once you let characters run everywhere shooting, it becomes GTAlike, & it ruins the experience. In GTA you can act crazy by running around HSing people, but it would never work in real life. You'd be lucky to even graze a target, much less actually conserve ammo. Odds are, you're much better off holding still, lining up shots- AND THEN running away. A side step is tolerable & makes sense, but not going completely Rambo
Random Images
Message 18 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Feb 18, 2009

gun accuracy and running dont work together in real life...but then again zombies and 1 man tank heros don't either.  A good game mechanic for an appropriate title souldn't be srubed due to not being deemed "realife possible".  Gamplay before realism.

oh, disagree rng

♣♣♥♥♠♦♦★★★»"Yippie-Ki-Yay, Mother-F***ker" «★★★♦♦♠♥♥♣♣

[
Message 19 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes