Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 21 2010
By: Slate_Fistcrunch First Son 2 posts

Resident Evil Patch 2.0 Can't access save data

6 replies 423 views Edited Feb 21, 2010
I recently downloaded the Resident Evil 5 DLC Lost in Nightmares. When I started the game after downloading it, the game gave me a message that I had to create a new save file that would not supersede my old save. However, in this new save, all of my unlocks are completely gone, and I have to start the game over fresh, which considering that I've been playing the game since it came out, is frustrating. My old save is still on the hard drive, only I can't access it. The new save also says it was created on 3/16/09, leading me to believe that it was just a change to the old save and this is a simple bug. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Message 1 of 7 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Re: Resident Evil Patch 2.0 Can't access save data

Feb 21, 2010

Slate_Fistcrunch wrote:
I recently downloaded the Resident Evil 5 DLC Lost in Nightmares. When I started the game after downloading it, the game gave me a message that I had to create a new save file that would not supersede my old save. However, in this new save, all of my unlocks are completely gone, and I have to start the game over fresh, which considering that I've been playing the game since it came out, is frustrating. My old save is still on the hard drive, only I can't access it. The new save also says it was created on 3/16/09, leading me to believe that it was just a change to the old save and this is a simple bug. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

HOLY CRAP Theres more DLC ....I May not have a solution to your problem but im gonna download the content and see if I have the same Problem if i do i will let ya know but Im excited for some DLC!

arrionshadow
Message 2 of 7 (423 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11507 posts

Feb 21, 2010

If you don't allow the new saved data to supersede your old saved data then the new saved data will be created and it looks like you will not be able to access your old saved data. If you allow the new saved data to supersede your old saved data then you will not (or you shouldn't) have any problems...

Message Edited by SweetPoison13 on 02-21-2010 02:26 PM

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 3 of 7 (423 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 21, 2010
The problem was just a simple bug. I deleted the save game and made a new version 2 save file, and that solved it.
Message 4 of 7 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5592 posts

Feb 22, 2010
I had a similar type of problem with my saves..I had all of my original save data but alot of the unlocks were gone..My Infinite Rl was gone, most of the figures were gone, I had to re-find all 30 of the bsaa emblems and all of my versus characters had to be re-bought.. It's not a big deal but it is kind of a pain...
Photobucket
Message 5 of 7 (423 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 18, 2010

So, I hadn't played RE5 in some time. Not surprisingly, upon a revisit to the game tonight I was prompted to update to version 2.0. Seeing as how all other updates for all other PS3 games that have ever come out have never prompted a user with a situation in which the user might lose all previously saved-to-console data, I thoughtlessly button-mashed my way through the update's instructional screens. I just wanted to play a few missions, you know? Just kick back with the game that I used to consider one of my favorites. However, seeing as how I'm back at square one, I'm inclined to not return to this game any time soon if ever again. Seriously...why in the world would an update even be written in such a way that it would prompt a user to just flat-out delete every thing if he/she so chooses?

Message 6 of 7 (423 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 19, 2010

I lost my save data with the stupid update, my only platinum for any game. OH well onto RE6.

Message 7 of 7 (423 Views)
0 Likes