Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: An UNOFFICIAL Ridge Racer 8 Wish List

May 14, 2010

Hi from Germany. I am one of the biggest Ridge Racerfans ever. ^^ I have bougth and play every Ridge Racer game.

My favourit one was Ridge Racer 6, but Ridge Racer 7 was faster and the grafic was cleaner.

My wish plz make the Online Gampeplay like Ridge Racer 6, forget the Tuningsystem (only Lookingtuining is okay).

And use the Grafic of Ridge Racer 7 or do it a bit better.

And A whell support was good, all in all i hope you can make a good Game whiout not fair online Gaming likes Ridge Racer 7.

Message 171 of 181 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

May 15, 2010

KingzWayz wrote:

Hi from Germany. I am one of the biggest Ridge Racerfans ever. ^^ I have bougth and play every Ridge Racer game.

My favourit one was Ridge Racer 6, but Ridge Racer 7 was faster and the grafic was cleaner.

My wish plz make the Online Gampeplay like Ridge Racer 6, forget the Tuningsystem (only Lookingtuining is okay).

And use the Grafic of Ridge Racer 7 or do it a bit better.

And A whell support was good, all in all i hope you can make a good Game whiout not fair online Gaming likes Ridge Racer 7.

For those who don't like the performance tuning, there's always the option to race in Arcade rooms. Except for the added slipstream (which is often complained about, but still makes the races way more exciting and balanced than they were without it) that's as close as it gets to RR6's online mode

The selection of cars might be smaller compared to RR6, but it's still good enough I think.

But I disagree on getting rid of those tuning options completely...in a way, they are there to force you to play the single player game FIRST to unlock stuff and get some practice before you actually jump online. Truth is, you can be 99% sure that every time you play online, there will at some point be a newbie that joins your room with 0/0 races and a rental Fiera. It's obvious those guys will be smoked by veteran players (well, the game's been out for almost 4 years already!), or sometimes even screw up other's races because they don't start, crash, or whatever. And that isn't a matter of the car and tuning, but for the most part of skill and practice.

Also, the tuning helps to setup your car just the way you feel most comfortable with or fitting for a certain track.

Message 172 of 181 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2616 posts

May 15, 2010

maybe a night time track?

Photobucket
Message 173 of 181 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

May 15, 2010

BoRn_2_RaCe wrote:

maybe a night time track?

Hey, I don't use that NOS much anymore there nowadays :smileysurprised: Hijack works just as well :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Only if there are other guys that annoy me and I don't wanna let win...which just happened to be the case yesterday

Message 174 of 181 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6199 posts

Jun 25, 2010

pressSTARTnoob wrote:
Just as the title implies - - -
What would you want  or expect to be in the next version of the Ridge Racer Series?

1. Revamp of the ranking and scoring systems
2. The ability to tune ALL the vehicles
3. OBP in both race types - with or without NOS
4. Up to 5 laps instead of 3 max

I think that after all the time that passed since the release of 7, I'd settle for anything at this point.

Message 175 of 181 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

Jun 25, 2010

pressSTARTnoob wrote:

pressSTARTnoob wrote:
Just as the title implies - - -
What would you want  or expect to be in the next version of the Ridge Racer Series?

1. Revamp of the ranking and scoring systems
2. The ability to tune ALL the vehicles
3. OBP in both race types - with or without NOS
4. Up to 5 laps instead of 3 max

I think that after all the time that passed since the release of 7, I'd settle for anything at this point.

True...my personal new wish list for Ridge Racer 8? Well...RIDGE RACER 8 maybe! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

And screw RR 3DS Namco, that's just the same old boring stuff we've seen more than enough of already...how about some actual NEW tracks/cars again once in a while?

Message 176 of 181 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 13, 2011

Well -

It looks like we won't be seeing too much of anything we had hoped for in the next installment of Ridge Racer

Message 177 of 181 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

Oct 13, 2011

Sooooo...anyone else's thoughts on the upcoming Vita Ridge Racer?

http://rr.namco-ch.net/rr_psvita/

From everything I've seen so far in the trailer and screenshots...Ridge Racer 7 port much?? Yay, I tell you, we'll probably see a few other new cars and maybe three new tracks or something, just like in RR3D...that's all. So far they didn't even bother changing the HUD in the slightest. Highland Cliffs was on the TGS demo, that makes Lakeshore Drive and Laketop Parkway extremely likely as well, and the other pictures suggest the old Rave City tracks, Harborline 765 (Midtown Parkway, Island Circle) and Southbay docks at night (Airport Lap, Aviator Loop). That's already over TEN old courses more or less confirmed

Underwhelming...how long are they planning to continue milking RR6 as the base game??

Well, of course this still looks a million times better and more interesting than RR Unbounded, but c'mon man...

Also..."United Galaxy Space Force"? Wth is up with that??

Seems like Bamco read some of the comments of people who jokingly say RR cars handle like spaceships and decided to give it a sci-fi touch now?

Message 178 of 181 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 9, 2012

go back to ridge racer 4 mechanics with the heats and unlock different types of cars

custimize car parts(color,exterior, engine, etc.)

nitrous should be an option

different diffilculty settings

Grand prix series and actual storyline but both allow you to unlock new cars

7 different car maanufactuers giving people the option to choose which car is best suited for them

old pac man, dig dug, ms.pacman etc. arcade games

online of course

different game modes that are race based but have different objectives

have a special game mode where it will allow you to unlock cars from ridge racer to ridge racer 7 so you can have more cars in your garage

pac man car

Message 179 of 181 (73 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Not trying to be a smartass, but, the whole Type 4-like storyline thing aside, almost all of the other points you mention are pretty much already present in RR7:

- Car customization, both visuel and in performance? Check.

- Nitrous on or off? Check.

- Difficulty settings? If you consider the different speed categories as a sort of difficulty level, check.

- Grand Prix (minus an actual story as mentioned) to unlock new machines? Check.

- Seven car manufacturers? RR7 actually has eight. Check(+1).

- The loading screen arcade games? The original Pac-Man already was in RR6, and RR7 has Xevious instead.

- Online? Check.

- Different, race based game modes? Well, there's team battle, pair battle, pair time attack...not sure what else they could add without it becoming too gimmicky or putting in (imo unnecessary) combat elements like RR:U. An actual online tournament mode would be nice though.

- Special game mode with cars from 1-7? Not sure what exactly you mean by  "special game mode", but there's plenty of returning machines from the whole series to be found here: Fiera, Bisonte, EO, Hijack,  Angelus, Crinale...

- Pac-Man machine? Check.

Message 180 of 181 (71 Views)
0 Likes