Reply
Sep 06 2004
By: dragonalthor Splicer 56 posts
Offline

100% Map Completion

7 replies 9 views Edited Sep 6, 2004
I need a little help. Did anyone get a 100% map completion in the ruins(attached to Norton's hideout)? Most inportantly I can see a blue treasure chest across a broken bridge but can't find a way to get to it at all. I ran around the area for 40 minutes last night but no path opened up to me. I can't get the guidebook yet because local store sold out until Wed.(good sign,sold 40 copies in 6 hours). I already defeated Norton and am ready to leave area but can't leave anything left undone,RPG MADNESS!! Thanks
,
 
Message 1 of 8 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/09/2001
Offline
5945 posts
 

Re: 100% Map Completion

Sep 6, 2004

,
,
,dragonrich wrote:
,
I need a little help. Did anyone get a 100% map completion in the ruins(attached to Norton's hideout)? Most inportantly I can see a blue treasure chest across a broken bridge but can't find a way to get to it at all. I ran around the area for 40 minutes last night but no path opened up to me. I can't get the guidebook yet because local store sold out until Wed.(good sign,sold 40 copies in 6 hours). I already defeated Norton and am ready to leave area but can't leave anything left undone,RPG MADNESS!! Thanks
,
 

,
,
No you will not get 100% map completetion on many of the worlds until later in the game when you get the skills that can allow you to go into spots that are blocked.  (Read this in the Strat Guide)  There are hidden chests and unobtainable chest you just can't get to at the present time.  (I'm kinda disappointed myself but at least hope they will be good items.)
,

For technical support (including DISK READ ERRORS) call: 1-800-345-SONY.
New to the world of the PS boards? Check out the "NEW USER GUIDE"

Message 2 of 8 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/07/2000
Offline
56 posts
 

Re: 100% Map Completion

Sep 6, 2004
,
Thank you for the quick reply. I hate the idea of leaving an area with unfinished business.
,
 

Message Edited by dragonrich on 09-06-2004 01:55 PM

Message 3 of 8 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/09/2001
Offline
5945 posts
 

Re: 100% Map Completion

Sep 6, 2004

,
,
,dragonrich wrote:
,
,
Thank you for the quick reply. I hate the idea of leaving an area with unfinished business.
,
 
,

Message Edited by dragonrich on 09-06-2004 01:55 PM
,


,
You're welcome.  I just played that area the other night.  I saw all those pretty chests and could not get to them.  Hope to see you again.
,

For technical support (including DISK READ ERRORS) call: 1-800-345-SONY.
New to the world of the PS boards? Check out the "NEW USER GUIDE"

Message 4 of 8 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/05/2003
Offline
781 posts
 

Re: 100% Map Completion

Sep 6, 2004
is there a point to getting 100%?
Message 5 of 8 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/11/2002
Offline
7545 posts
 

Re: 100% Map Completion

Sep 6, 2004

,
,
,Krazyrokr wrote:
,
is there a point to getting 100%?

,
,

,
Other then getting every chest, no... not that I know of.
Message 6 of 8 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
Registered: 07/07/2000
Offline
56 posts
 

Re: 100% Map Completion

Sep 9, 2004
In reply to your question Krazyrokr yes getting 100% map completion gives you special items that I guess you can only get by completing areas. Such as 1/144th scale bunny which increases movement for a limited time and other special affects. Plus as a rpg guy I just have a need to open every chest, find every secret,etc. Good luck in the game.
,
 
Message 7 of 8 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/09/2001
Offline
5945 posts
 

Re: 100% Map Completion

Sep 9, 2004

,
,
,dragonrich wrote:
,
In reply to your question Krazyrokr yes getting 100% map completion gives you special items that I guess you can only get by completing areas. Such as 1/144th scale bunny which increases movement for a limited time and other special affects. Plus as a rpg guy I just have a need to open every chest, find every secret,etc. Good luck in the game.
,
 

,
,

,
Yes, I found this out only last night after completing 2 areas.  But in the beginning of the game you cannot get 100% complete in Norton's hideout until you get the ability to move heavy objects.  I think I'm already about 24 hrs into the game.  Thanks for letting us know this info.  I too like to get everything and search every area for secrets and stuff. 

For technical support (including DISK READ ERRORS) call: 1-800-345-SONY.
New to the world of the PS boards? Check out the "NEW USER GUIDE"

Message 8 of 8 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes