Mar 14 2013
By: tross88 PlayStation MVP 3979 posts

Anyone else know about the SMT reprints?

11 replies 328 views Edited Mar 14, 2013
Sorry, I'm kind of late posting this, but I've been busy with school. Anyways, there are discussions about this in the Atlus forums, but apparently the ps2 Megatens have been, or are being reprinted. I'm not sure if it's all of them, but the prices of some previously expensive SMT games have really gone down in price on Amazon, for new copies, no less. I ordered the first Devil Summoner for $35 on Amazon.ca, and the price seems to have dropped $10 since then. I got the Digital Devil Saga games too, for around $20 each, and now my ps2 Megaten collection is officially complete! It looks like the price for Nocturne has gone down too, though I already have a copy of that. The second Devil Summoner is supposed to drop in price around the end of the month.

This is great news for SMT fans who still have a ps2 or b/c ps3(I have both), and have yet to acquire all the ps2 SMT games. I haven't checked the price of the Personas, mostly because I already have all versions of both games, and with P3 FES on psn, and P4G on the vita, those games are far more accessible than the rest.
Message 1 of 12 (328 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11241 posts

Re: Anyone else know about the SMT reprints?

Mar 14, 2013

I haven't heard anything about it, but even though I have a working PS 2, I haven't looked into buying any of the PS 2 SMT games. Atlus has brought a few of them over to the handhelds and so that's where I've been collecting the games.

Message 2 of 12 (316 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3472 posts

Mar 23, 2013

I havn't heard anything about this either, but if you have any news about it please let us know!  I've always wanted copies of some of those that I don't yet have but couldn't afford the price they were going for.

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Message 3 of 12 (278 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8487 posts

Mar 24, 2013
I know both Raidou titles are being reprinted, it's a great chance to grab them for those who haven't
Message 4 of 12 (269 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Mar 24, 2013
The inability to quote frustrates me.:smileysad:. White_oyster, in response to your post, I don't have any such news source. There has been some speculation on the Atlus forum that some of the ps2 Megaten games have been reprinted, which does appear to be the most likely explanation. Valuable games don't typicall drop drastically in price like that for no reason. One thing is for sure though, games that were way out of my price range for ps2 titles, new or used, are now available on Amazon(both .com and .ca) for $20 or less(in both US and Canadian dollars respectively), new, plus tax and shipping, from multiple vendors. I don't care if it's a reprint, or witchcraft. All I know is that my ps2 Megaten collection is now complete. Both my orders have since arrived, and are, in fact, brand new copies of Megaten games.
Message 5 of 12 (264 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3472 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Thats seriously awesome.  I'm missing a few megami games too that I've always wanted.  I think I only have the second Devil Summoner.  I have all the digital devil saga I think.  I've always wanted Persona one and two for the PS1 which have always been insanely expensive.  I'll have to check a shin megami tensei list and see which ones I'm missing haha cause I really can't even remember at this point.  But I'll hit up amazon and see! 

If Atlus has done a reprint though it is strange they didn't send an email out about it. 

Congrats on completeling your collection though!

Message 6 of 12 (260 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8487 posts

Mar 24, 2013

White_oyster wrote:

Thats seriously awesome.  I'm missing a few megami games too that I've always wanted.  I think I only have the second Devil Summoner.  I have all the digital devil saga I think.  I've always wanted Persona one and two for the PS1 which have always been insanely expensive.  I'll have to check a shin megami tensei list and see which ones I'm missing haha cause I really can't even remember at this point.  But I'll hit up amazon and see! 

If Atlus has done a reprint though it is strange they didn't send an email out about it. 

no point in grabbing the PS1 persona 1 though, they kind of screwed up the localization, if anything, stick with the PSP version.

Message 7 of 12 (254 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3472 posts

Mar 27, 2013

kknd2002 wrote:

White_oyster wrote:

no point in grabbing the PS1 persona 1 though, they kind of screwed up the localization, if anything, stick with the PSP version.

I have the PSP version actually but I have some problems with the PSP hardware and am just never going to play it.    Plus with how great the Vita is, trying to play on the PSP which I had problems with anyway, wouldn't be fun for me.  

It is probably a futile dream but I'm still hoping that Atlus will put togethor some super fabulous Shin Megami Tensie collection that would be so beautiful it would become the eighth wonder of the world

Message 8 of 12 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8487 posts

Mar 28, 2013

White_oyster wrote:

kknd2002 wrote:

White_oyster wrote:

I have the PSP version actually but I have some problems with the PSP hardware and am just never going to play it.    Plus with how great the Vita is, trying to play on the PSP which I had problems with anyway, wouldn't be fun for me.  

It is probably a futile dream but I'm still hoping that Atlus will put togethor some super fabulous Shin Megami Tensie collection that would be so beautiful it would become the eighth wonder of the world

I think they should, it's some serious money making opportunity, more so than mere reprints. 

Message 9 of 12 (59 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3472 posts

Mar 28, 2013

kknd2002 wrote:

White_oyster wrote:

kknd2002 wrote:

White_oyster wrote:

I think they should, it's some serious money making opportunity, more so than mere reprints. 

I know right!  It would sell out in a matter of minutes if they did something like that.

Message 10 of 12 (56 Views)
0 Likes