Nov 25 2012
By: Boslooper First Son 1 posts

Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance 3?

5 replies 2520 views Edited Nov 25, 2012

So I'm sure this question has been asked more than a billion times, but I have to ask it for my own peace of mind lol.... What are the odds of a Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance 3 coming out? Now, I understand that the company which created the series went under, but has anyone heard anything new about it? Or maybe a better question, what are the odds of 1 & 2 coming out in HD collection? I know if there are more like me that would sell super fast, and I would be playing that all day long again lol.

Message 1 of 6 (2,520 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11395 posts

Re: Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance 3?

Nov 26, 2012

Apparently, it looks as if Interplay did collapse for awhile, but in recent times has been back on their feet (but at a much smaller scale). The company sold the Fallout franchise, but it seems that the third Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was ultimately cancelled. If there were to be a third game, it could be a good card for them to play if they want to see some big profits from a somewhat well-known franchise. It might be the case though that Interplay doesn't have that kind of funding these days, which might be the reason why there's no news on the franchise's return after all this time.

Message 2 of 6 (2,512 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

I enjoyed Dark Alliance, but the second (to me) came up short.
What I would love to see is a remake or sequel to the original Baldurs Gate. Not the hack and slash console version, but the original, epic PC RPG by Bioware. That game set a standard in the genre, one that arguably, has never been bested.

Unfortunatly, the days of the epic story driven RPG seem to be behind us, so a third installment of the console hack and slash would be a huge seller. I think. I know I'd pick up a copy.

Now before the Skyrim fanbois grab their flamethrowers and attemt to toast me for my "story driven RPG" comment, I have a few words for you to Google .....

Baldurs Gate
Icewind Dale

Neverwinter Nights

Morrowind

Bards Tale

Those are games from the heyday of the RPG. Sadly, like the mighty T-Rex, they are probably gone forever.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 6 (2,507 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2531 posts

Nov 29, 2012
i heard there might be an IOS version on Baulders gate
Message 4 of 6 (2,487 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 8, 2013
My fat play station crash. So I can't play dark alliance anymore. I wish psn. Add it.
Message 5 of 6 (2,338 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2567 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

you ever play Untold Legends Dark Kingdom?  i think thats the closest to a baldurs gate game ive played on ps3.

Message 6 of 6 (2,326 Views)
0 Likes