Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 23 2013
By: Setzaroth PlayStation MVP 14173 posts

Diablo 3 on PS3?

10 replies 259 views Edited Mar 23, 2013

I thought this was only on PS4...hmmm, wonder what other PC titles they could port but dont.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (259 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10867 posts

Re: Diablo 3 on PS3?

Mar 24, 2013

At the PlayStation 4 announcement on February 20th, it was said that Diablo III would be making its way to both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. I don't know what other PC titles Blizzard could do, but I don't think I'd mind seeing StarCraft II make it (or at least a unique console-oriented experience, such as The Lost Vikings).

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (242 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14173 posts

Mar 24, 2013

ya, I must have totally missed that "...comming to PS3 part" of the conference.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Mar 25, 2013
I play this on pc with a gaming controller instead of a mouse and i must say this is the perfect pc game to get ported to console. Anyone who hasnt played disblo for w/e reason is in store for a treat. Kudos to blizz for making this happen.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Dont get too excited about this game. Yes, its a good dungeon crawler with good loot & decent story, BUT ....

... the PC version is heavily reliant of the Real Money Auction House to complete the more difficult levels of the game.

Yes, you read right, Diablo 3 has an in game auction house that you can spend real world cash in.
The grind in the harder levels is so bad that its rumored some of the loot drops are as rare as 0.001%
Makes the JRPG grind look tame by comparison.

Unless they "fix" (aka remove) the RMAH and make the loot drops more livable, I'll pass on this one.

FYI, yes, Ive played the PC version, and for a game that was in development for over ten years, it was quite the let down.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (203 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Mar 28, 2013

@Brozz

I own D3 for my PC as well and I'm interested in seeing how the Real Money Auction House is going to be implemented in the PS3/PS4 version. Are the PC player servers going to be serving the PlayStation players? Or will the consoles have their own server infrastructure (including RMAH). 

I'm sort of inclined to agree with you about the game overall. The loot drops are ridiculous and the difficulty on Hell and Inferno ... can be incredibly cheap at times. Though the difficulty was significantly modified in patches released last fall. 

To me Diablo will remain a PC-only experience. The mouse and keyboard is synonymous with the Diablo for me. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
796 posts

Mar 28, 2013

There will be no AH in the PS3/4 versions of Diablo 3 confirmed by Blizzard. 

Please, no blank friend requests - let me know who you are!

Playstation MVP Terms & Conditions
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (182 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Mar 28, 2013

andremal wrote:

There will be no AH in the PS3/4 versions of Diablo 3 confirmed by Blizzard. 

Thanks for the info andremal. I guess the loot rate drops will be adjusted in the console version of D3?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
796 posts

Mar 28, 2013

For the PS3 version, they have been reduced in quantity but increased in quality to make up for it.  They have been closed mouthed about the PS4 version which I'm hoping will be a little different than the PS3 version in terms of on screen behavior. 

Please, no blank friend requests - let me know who you are!

Playstation MVP Terms & Conditions
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Hi guys, new to PS3 Forums. Planning on getting a video capture device to make a few vids on D3 PS3's release. Just to test things like how targeted AoE spells will work, try and prove research pays off and the list goes on. Haven't played the Newest Diablo installment yet but i am happy i didn't now, i can play on my favourite system =D

I also learnt the game is somewhat dependant on trading items for the endgame content... does this mean the official D3 forums for PS3 would be here? or at Battle.net ( Blizzards website )? 

Thanks in advance for your input.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (127 Views)
0 Likes