Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sep 20 2010
By: Dagger_32 PlayStation MVP 1617 posts
Offline

Disgaea 4 Announced for PS3, 2011!

15 replies 24 views Edited Sep 20, 2010

Check it out here! Sorry if this is old news, I just became aware of this a few mins ago! YAY for a new Disgaea! It is about time...now to hurry up and get all my Disgaea 3 characters to level 9,999, lol....right.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 02/02/2010
Offline
876 posts
 

Re: Disgaea 4 Announced for PS3, 2011!

Sep 20, 2010

Good find!

 

"Disgaea 4 is set for release on February 24, 2011 in Japan, with a U.S. release already confirmed to come some time after that (no specific U.S. date was given)."

 

There's also a debut trailer. Looks like they finally updated the graphics. Nice!

 

__________________________________________________
The horse says: DOCTORATE DENIED!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/17/2001
Offline
1617 posts
 

Re: Disgaea 4 Announced for PS3, 2011!

Sep 20, 2010

 


Moose-Steak wrote:

Good find!

 

"Disgaea 4 is set for release on February 24, 2011 in Japan, with a U.S. Release already confirmed to come some time after that (no specific U.S. date was given)."

 

There's also a debut trailer. Looks like they finally updated the graphics. Nice!

 


Yep! Looking forward to seeing some returning characters! Hopefully some awesome Prism Ranger action!

 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/15/2008
Offline
2062 posts
 

Re: Disgaea 4 Announced for PS3, 2011!

Sep 20, 2010

Moose-Steak wrote:

Good find!

 

"Disgaea 4 is set for release on February 24, 2011 in Japan, with a U.S. release already confirmed to come some time after that (no specific U.S. date was given)."

 

There's also a debut trailer. Looks like they finally updated the graphics. Nice!

 


? To be honest it looks kind of the same as Disgaea 3...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/26/2008
Offline
1726 posts
 

Re: Disgaea 4 Announced for PS3, 2011!

Sep 21, 2010

Yeah I can't wait for this game.

 

Also the sprites are a bit better but was the trailer in HD or was it SD since it's barely noticeable. Well either way I can't wait to see this game on HD.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/15/2008
Offline
2062 posts
 

Re: Disgaea 4 Announced for PS3, 2011!

Sep 21, 2010

n1c3guy707 wrote:

Yeah I can't wait for this game.

 

Also the sprites are a bit better but was the trailer in HD or was it SD since it's barely noticeable. Well either way I can't wait to see this game on HD.


I don't know if I'd call it HD.

 

That's almost like saying Netflix streams HD because it fills the screen of an HDTV, but compare it to a blu-ray of the same movie and they are not even close.

 

Level-5's new RPG on the PS3 is done in the anime style and that's something I would without a doubt call HD.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/26/2008
Offline
1726 posts
 

Re: Disgaea 4 Announced for PS3, 2011!

Sep 21, 2010

 


colstripcapn wrote:

n1c3guy707 wrote:

Yeah I can't wait for this game.

 

Also the sprites are a bit better but was the trailer in HD or was it SD since it's barely noticeable. Well either way I can't wait to see this game on HD.


I don't know if I'd call it HD.

 

That's almost like saying Netflix streams HD because it fills the screen of an HDTV, but compare it to a blu-ray of the same movie and they are not even close.

 

Level-5's new RPG on the PS3 is done in the anime style and that's something I would without a doubt call HD.


 

HD or not I'm still getting the game. Reading the article again the sprites are at a higher resolution now but the background/battlegrounds could use a little sprucing up. Either way I can't wait to get the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/08/2007
Offline
2022 posts
 

Re: Disgaea 4 Announced for PS3, 2011!

Sep 22, 2010

I think graphics look just fine. Nice to see pirates in there too. Day one for me for sure.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/08/2007
Offline
2022 posts
 

Re: Disgaea 4 Announced for PS3, 2011!

Sep 22, 2010

Some spoilers here but good information on the game. Some things I wanted to know - again spoilers here. Want to know who the new hero is? Follow this link.

 

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2010/482.html

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/12/2009
Online
4226 posts
 

Re: Disgaea 4 Announced for PS3, 2011!

Sep 23, 2010

Awesome to see it continue but I have yet to get my hands on the first game. This is perfect timing considering FUNimation Entertainment picked up the Disgaea anime a few weeks ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes