Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 20 2011
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41050 posts
Accepted Solution

Disgaea 4 To Feature Base Building/Customization

9 replies 368 views Edited Jan 20, 2011

Before delving into Disgaea 4 the Disgaea team made a PSP dungeon crawler called Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman. Aside from wearable Prinny parts, Z.H.P. takes place in its own underdog universe.

While we haven’t seen any Unlosing Ranger cameos (yet?), the Disgaea team took the base building feature from the PSP game and brought it into Disgaea 4.

You can move and arrange shops, perhaps in a nice little shopping district, plus decorate your base. Disgaea 4 lets players place objects and characters everywhere to create the school, cemetery or Prinny amusement park of your dreams.

Basic Base:

Customs:

Message 1 of 10 (368 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Re: Disgaea 4 To Feature Base Building/Customization

Jan 21, 2011

This looks like fun.

Message 2 of 10 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1726 posts

Jan 22, 2011

It's nice to see the gaming shaping up and being able to build my own base is a good addition, too bad I stink at decorating and my base will most likely represent a disaster zone.

Message 3 of 10 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6044 posts

Jan 22, 2011

Yay!

oh and they need to improve the graphics and camera let us move the camera any way we want darnit! sometimes it's just impossible to see where your going in certain levels or the item world. 

Level 9,999 Laharl
Message 4 of 10 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2398 posts

Mar 12, 2011

I heard that there is supposed to be certain online stuff in Disgaea 4.  I hope it's not just post your stats online stuff.  I would love to be able to play against other people kinda like the way Pokemon does it.  In my opinion the Disgaea games and Pokemon games are very similar.  They could both learn from each other.  Pokemon just needs to become teen rated because everyone who grew up with pokemon is all grown up now, and the Disgaea game need to add online versus modes as well as the ability to trade created characters.  That would add infinite replay value to Disgaea 4.

Message 5 of 10 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4239 posts

Mar 13, 2011

From what i've read you'll be able to "pirate" other player's world.

Message 6 of 10 (368 Views)
Gaming Beast
2398 posts

Mar 13, 2011

eXodd wrote:

From what i've read you'll be able to "pirate" other player's world.

eXodd Trophy Card

That would be pretty cool.  I know that Disgaea 4 is out in Japan but I can't really find any info on the game other than different videos that people have posted.  I guess I will just have to wait until it comes out in the U.S. for me to be able to find everything out about it.  Pirating in someone else's game would be pretty cool.

Does anyone know what you can carry over from your Disgaea 3 game save?  I hope that I can carry over my created characters because I put a lot of work into them.  Even if I have to wait until post game to use them that would still be very nice.

Message 7 of 10 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8491 posts

Mar 14, 2011

The only information I've been able to find about D4 reading the D3 data is getting that item earlier than you would normally find it in the game.

There won't be any custom avatars :smileysad:
Message 8 of 10 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Jul 17, 2011

Apparently there will be some modifications to the base building and the customization.

NISA Press Release:

"Regarding Disgaea 4's map edit system, regulation differences between regions made it very difficult to keep in. However, thanks to all the help from our development team and SCEA, we were able to keep the system by making just some minor design adjustments.

Players won't be able to create a completely detailed map, but this new system is still a great way to expand the Disgaea universe and share your own creations with players around the nation," says NIS America producer Jack Niida. NIS America promises that even with these small modifications to the map editing system, the game will still feature the same undeniable fun and addictive gameplay. Also, there are more features that utilize the PlayStation®Network, such as the Pirate Creation system, that will allow players to further experience the incredibly deep Disgaea gameplay with other users.

Map Editing adjustments:

-Instead of individual blocks to create maps, a number of preset "landforms" will be available for users to create their own maps.

-Multiples of the same object, not including geo blocks or characters, cannot be placed next to or on top of each other.-Character/map names and descriptions will be randomized.

Does anyone know what the regulation difference mentioned in the press release is?

Most games with online content simply say 'Online experiences may be different than offline experiences' or some such, and there done with it, if it's a content/ESRB issue.

But I don't even know if that's the "regulation differences" that are referred to here. Can anyone provide some insight or perhaps clarify how significant an impact the changes to the map creator will be for the end user?

The image doesn't show the current trophies, but following the link does...

Get your Portable ID!
Message 9 of 10 (368 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8491 posts

Jul 17, 2011

Well that's dissapointing news. I dunno about these regulations they are talking about but It makes me wonder if it's so they can sell these "landforms" as dlc.It's gotta be a made up reason though because what regulation prevents players from placing individual blocks where they want? Because that's how you made characters in 3Ddot.

There won't be any custom avatars :smileysad:
Message 10 of 10 (368 Views)