Gaming Beast
2358 posts

Re: Disgaea 4

Sep 30, 2011

How do you double kill the item general in the item world?

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Sep 30, 2011

Yojimbo68 wrote:

Seen this new game announced by the makers of Disgaea !?

http://gematsu.com/2011/09/the-witch-and-the-hundred-soldiers-teaser-site-opened

Yes I did see that. Looks like it might be good. It is not a Disgaea type game however.

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

How do you double kill the item general in the item world?

To double kill the General just get to floor 10 (20, 30, etc.) kill the General then Mr. Gency out - re-enter the item and finish level 10 (20, 30, etc.) killing the general one more time.

To wrap up:

Kill general - Mr. Gency out - re-enter item - kill General a second time. Note that this only works the one time for each general, so no triple kills

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2358 posts

Sep 30, 2011

Thanks for the info CoarseDragon.  I finally got myself a Statician from reverse pirating a Mr. Gency that I had leveled to 30.  Now I took the Statician and transfered him into a Legendary Scout Spear.  I am going to work on getting the spear to level 40 and double killing all the item generals.  Then I will reverse pirate it (floors 20 & 40) and get a couple more Staticians.  Once that is all done I will combine the Staticians and then dupe the spear through the reincarnating dupe glitch.  My plan is to have tons of level 300 Staticians that I can then put into all my characters weapons and armor.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Oct 1, 2011

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

Thanks for the info CoarseDragon.  I finally got myself a Statician from reverse pirating a Mr. Gency that I had leveled to 30.  Now I took the Statician and transfered him into a Legendary Scout Spear.  I am going to work on getting the spear to level 40 and double killing all the item generals.  Then I will reverse pirate it (floors 20 & 40) and get a couple more Staticians.  Once that is all done I will combine the Staticians and then dupe the spear through the reincarnating dupe glitch.  My plan is to have tons of level 300 Staticians that I can then put into all my characters weapons and armor.

Excellent plan. Hope it works out. That spear could be expensive once leveled up. You can use any item to dupe. When I was pretty broke I used ABC Gum slower but it works.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2358 posts

Oct 3, 2011

CoarseDragon wrote:

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

Excellent plan. Hope it works out. That spear could be expensive once leveled up. You can use any item to dupe. When I was pretty broke I used ABC Gum slower but it works.

Well I have my spear ready with the Statician in it.  Now I am trying to collect enough items to fill up my warehouse and invintory.  It is taking a long time getting all the items I need.  I am only at 200 items right now.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Oct 3, 2011

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

CoarseDragon wrote:

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

Well I have my spear ready with the Statician in it.  Now I am trying to collect enough items to fill up my warehouse and invintory.  It is taking a long time getting all the items I need.  I am only at 200 items right now.

Surprising how much you can carry. I hated that part but it is worth the effort.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2358 posts

Oct 6, 2011

I haven't had a chance to play lately because I have been working like crazy.  I was reading that I need to dupe Managers too in order to get mana.  Can I get Managers by reverse pirating an item and just reloading over and over again until one appears?

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Oct 6, 2011

Oh Disgaea 4, got it as a gift for my sis's birthday, though the game came out after her birthday... strangely the same thing happened when we got Disgaea 3.  Sadly didn't get the pre-order stuff so no Fallen Angel Flonne or any other extras.

Currently working on getting the epilogue endings.  Endings though made me sad, almost half of them are losing endings, and a real lack of art work.  There is only Val for the end and the other 5 character get one for their epilogue but in the Disgaea games before the ends had so much more fun art than that.  Ends also seem to lack in variety, in Disgaea 1 there was a Take Over the Earth end, Disgaea 2 had endings that you had to win battles, Disgaea 3 had one where if you used one character for the last 2 stages you get a different end.  But is the ends a bit of a downer?  Yeah, but the game is still fantastic.

When we had the Class World in Disgaea 3 we didn't use it much, but when we got Character World (same thing just named differently) we really loved it.  It was a big help in getting mana for our mages to get the most powerful spells and reincarnate them to the next mage class to learn the other spells.

Really I can't wait the DLC.  HD Asagi for free was awesome, while I know that everything will not be free I really hope there will be a few others that will be.  Kind of sad that in Disgaea 3 the Hero Prinny wasn't free, it was free in Japan.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Oct 6, 2011

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

I haven't had a chance to play lately because I have been working like crazy.  I was reading that I need to dupe Managers too in order to get mana.  Can I get Managers by reverse pirating an item and just reloading over and over again until one appears?

Managers are the way to be better mana returns per kill. I would think reverse pirate would be the best way and yes check and reload if there are no innocents you can use. You can dupe them as normal.

@TheBlackDragon:

Character World is a great place for many things. Increase aptitude, learn rare skills and if you are lucky enough to have a Puppy Paw Stick you can dupe items there but the success rate is very low, much lower than D3.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2358 posts

Oct 7, 2011

I've now got over 400 items and have caught me a Statistician, a Manager, and a Gladiator.  I can combine the Gladiator to level 19,998 so I will only need one per character.  I will need lots of Statisticians for each character because they max out at level 300 and I will probably equipt one level 300 Manager per person.  I have been playing the game offline because I am afraid of the patch that should be out any day now that will make it so that you can't store dupe anymore.  Hopefully any day now everything will come together and I will have all my innocents that I need then I will start playing online again.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes