Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Re: Disgaea 4

Oct 13, 2011

Good ploy, I like that one.

Masked Hero is one of my favorite classes. I created one as soon as I could. You just can't beat being able to move through an enemy space for Item World speed runs. And of course give him Big Bang and watch the enemies drop He is level 4500 or so and has been reincarnated about 5 times now.

Message 51 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2401 posts

Oct 18, 2011

I have been kicking some major butt in Disgaea 4.  I now have over 200 hours put into it and have almost half of the trophies.  I don't know if I will platinum it or not but I am at least going to get most of the trophies and do most of the stuff in the game.  I am really enjoying Disgaea 4.

Message 52 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Oct 18, 2011

I don't know how much time I have in the game but right now I am leveling monsters. I believe all monsters are available but I only work on four or five at a time. Right now I have Skeletal Dragon, Death, Wood Golem and a Rifle Demon getting leveled.

Message 53 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Oct 23, 2011

Oh yeah, there are some stuff I love about the game that I have yet to note.

One... Tera level spells return!  Heck Yeah!  It was sad with just the 4 levels before in Disgaea 3 but 3 was good enough that I can over look it.

Cameo Omega spells.  The only ones I really know are Wind, Ice, and Heal.  The other Omega spells I don't know but they are all awesome regardless.

Now for a few negitives (the game is still awesome regardless of them)......

No combo specials.  One of the things I really enjoyed about Disgaea 3 was how you could have some specials and do combo moves with the two characters.  It was basic at best but the perfect thing to add more craziness in the next game, maybe have it be a three person combo, or even add spells to the mix, but no combos at all.

Odd Cam-pain map, for anyone who has seen the shape of the Cam-pain map would notice that it does resemble a map with land, sea, and an island.  So it ends with you only getting all the land and island parts (the island is the Mt. Ordeal levels) and the sea remains out of reach, not allowing to place units there.  I hope the sea areas of the Cam-pain map will be optainable in some way but now it's just... well I want to get every spot.

Lossing classes.  The Brawler class fading out is a big lose, especially since their Disgaea 3 designs was so great. Disgaea 3 also had a number of opposite genders of other classes I enjoyed as well, I will not include the Kunoichi class in this since that class will be a DLC for those who get Kyoko.

Those are the things I see, and even with favorite games one can always see something wrong, but the series is always a 10/10 with me.  Also learned that the main characters can learn all of their best weapon specials at 500.

Message 54 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Oct 24, 2011

Those combos were pretty cool but toward the end of the game I felt they became unnecessary but early on it was a great way to get ahead early.

Oh yeah, tera spells are pure destructive goodness.

Other than some of the story levels having to many Geo blocks and some missing classes I really have nothing bad to say about the game at all.

Message 55 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2401 posts

Oct 25, 2011

CoarseDragon wrote:

Those combos were pretty cool but toward the end of the game I felt they became unnecessary but early on it was a great way to get ahead early.

Oh yeah, tera spells are pure destructive goodness.

Other than some of the story levels having to many Geo blocks and some missing classes I really have nothing bad to say about the game at all.

Is Tera as powerfull as spells get?  Also, in the Character world how do you build up your evil symbol?  I've heard that you can make them so that more people can be in them and also you can make the evil symbol more powerfull.  I scared and confused in the character world.

Message 56 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Oct 25, 2011

@MonkeyDad1977: To increase the size of an evil area of an evil symbol you have to go to the 10th floor of a Character World and clear all the Geo Blocks.  When that happens a Gate will show up, if you see a Heavy Knight there then that is the guy who increases your area.  Take note that the character you are in MUST be in the evil area of the symbol you want to increase, you can't increase one if the selected person is in no area or a different symbol's area.  Also, there is a chance you might run into a Prinny instead.  The Prinny doesn't increase area but can teach a character the 7th or 8th weapon move (does not teach anything to monster characters).

Edit: and yes Tera spells have been the highest level spells in the series, they were removed from Disgaea 3 though.

Message 57 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2401 posts

Oct 25, 2011

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

@MonkeyDad1977: To increase the size of an evil area of an evil symbol you have to go to the 10th floor of a Character World and clear all the Geo Blocks.  When that happens a Gate will show up, if you see a Heavy Knight there then that is the guy who increases your area.  Take note that the character you are in MUST be in the evil area of the symbol you want to increase, you can't increase one if the selected person is in no area or a different symbol's area.  Also, there is a chance you might run into a Prinny instead.  The Prinny doesn't increase area but can teach a character the 7th or 8th weapon move (does not teach anything to monster characters).

Edit: and yes Tera spells have been the highest level spells in the series, they were removed from Disgaea 3 though.

Thanks for the info.  I have been teaching my characters tera spells through the chara world (around 150,000 mana) but I could not figure out how to get to the increase symbol room.  Now I know and knowings half the battle!

Message 58 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Oct 25, 2011

Well I wish you the best of luck in increasing the evil areas of your symbols.  And do be carefull of enemies killing themselves due to your character's counter attack.  That has screwed up getting all the Geo Blocks gone (to reduce the cost of the 9th floor gate), getting to the 9th floor gate, and the 10th floor gate.  If there is one enemy left and lots of Geo Blocks have one character pick them up and another set to heal in case of it taking a few turns, the the enemy doesn't kill itself.  That is my words of wisdom for ya.

Message 59 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2401 posts

Oct 25, 2011

How do I get a Sniper innocent?  I've been reading on the internet that you can get one using a Mystery innocent but I do not know what a Mystery innocent is or how they work.

Message 60 of 95 (99 Views)
0 Likes