Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Disgaea 4

Oct 25, 2011

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

How do I get a Sniper innocent?  I've been reading on the internet that you can get one using a Mystery innocent but I do not know what a Mystery innocent is or how they work.

The Mystery Innocent is different from other innocents... think of it as a wild card.  If there is a Mystery Innocent the item will lable it in the innocence box.  Now by wild card is that unlike weapons that come with a set innocent(s) the Mystery Innocent can become any innocent (don't know if there are any limitations to that though) randomly once defeated that is.  Also the Sniper can be obtained another way.  By having a Mediator, Marksman, and Coach in one item the Mediator can combine the two to make the Sniper innocent.  That is from what I looked up on a Disgaea Wiki, I just got the Mediator and haven't fooled around with it yet so I'm not how it works, but from what I can guess you can do that with the Combine Residents in the Item World Menu.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 95 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2390 posts

Oct 25, 2011

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

How do I get a Sniper innocent?  I've been reading on the internet that you can get one using a Mystery innocent but I do not know what a Mystery innocent is or how they work.

The Mystery Innocent is different from other innocents... think of it as a wild card.  If there is a Mystery Innocent the item will lable it in the innocence box.  Now by wild card is that unlike weapons that come with a set innocent(s) the Mystery Innocent can become any innocent (don't know if there are any limitations to that though) randomly once defeated that is.  Also the Sniper can be obtained another way.  By having a Mediator, Marksman, and Coach in one item the Mediator can combine the two to make the Sniper innocent.  That is from what I looked up on a Disgaea Wiki, I just got the Mediator and haven't fooled around with it yet so I'm not how it works, but from what I can guess you can do that with the Combine Residents in the Item World Menu.

Everywhere I've looked on the Internet I keep seeing that the only way to get a Sniper is by subduing a Mystery innocent.  Here is just one of the threads that I have found http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/strategy/disgaea-4/show_msgs.php?pid=995078&topic_id=m-1-60456228 

I guess I just need to find some items with Mystery innocents in them and hope that a Mystery innocent becomes a Sniper when I beat him up.  I guess if you reverse pirate a Mystery innocent they stay a Mystery innocent and don't change (which is bad).

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 95 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Oct 26, 2011

Well like I said I just got the Mediator so I'm not 100% on this.  But I'll try it our for myself to see how it goes.  If I can get a Sniper with the method with the Mediator I'll let you know it works for me.  So I will most likely have an answer for you tomorrow regarding that.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 95 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2390 posts

Oct 26, 2011

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

Well like I said I just got the Mediator so I'm not 100% on this.  But I'll try it our for myself to see how it goes.  If I can get a Sniper with the method with the Mediator I'll let you know it works for me.  So I will most likely have an answer for you tomorrow regarding that.

Thanks that would be great, please let me know.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 95 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Oct 26, 2011

Alright here is what I believe from looking around.  After nothing happened when I tried "Combine Residents" and go to the item world with the right item, I came up with a theory.  I can not prove it yet since I have a ways to go before I can prove it.  From what I looked up when you go to Innocent Town (and may have to exist too) there is a CHANCE of the Mediator combining the innocents together.  I think this depends on the level of the Mediator (the number that all Innocents have) the level of my Mediator is fairly low. Since the max level for a Mediator is 100 I think that the number equals the % chance of combining them.  So you may need a high level Mediator and at best a level 100 for or it to work without fail.

Thinking about it this makes sense, but I got some ways to go before getting the Mediator high enough for good odds.  So I'll try to get the 100 level one for that.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 95 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Oct 27, 2011

A Sniper is HIT plus SPD. You need a Mediator + Marksman + Coach in the Item World at Innocent town and hope you get really lucky and get your Sniper. I would highly recommend having NO other innocents in your item.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 95 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2390 posts

Oct 27, 2011

I gave up on trying to get a Sniper and just got myself a Coach and Marksman. I went ahead and maxed them out then duped them so that all my guns are full of maxed out Coaches and Marksman. It works just fine and now my characters with guns are not getting their butts kicked in battle any more.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 95 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Oct 28, 2011

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

I gave up on trying to get a Sniper and just got myself a Coach and Marksman. I went ahead and maxed them out then duped them so that all my guns are full of maxed out Coaches and Marksman. It works just fine and now my characters with guns are not getting their butts kicked in battle any more.

That's cool, but a Sniper does save space on the item/weapon. I try to get those combo innocents whenever I can.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 95 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Oct 28, 2011

I've been wondering, how much CP do you get from doing the online maps?  I know you get a bit from the Foreign Minister, like 10 for Ayes, 20 for Nye's.  But I know that doesn't help much since getting some of the good stuff requires LOTS of points to do that, so how low to how high can you get with CP?

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 95 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Nov 1, 2011

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

I've been wondering, how much CP do you get from doing the online maps?  I know you get a bit from the Foreign Minister, like 10 for Ayes, 20 for Nye's.  But I know that doesn't help much since getting some of the good stuff requires LOTS of points to do that, so how low to how high can you get with CP?

No idea how high but I have seen as high as 495. It all depends on the Geo blocks setup. I'm sure they can go higher. I've not made one myself but if I do I'll let you know.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 95 (100 Views)
0 Likes