Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Disgaea 4

Nov 8, 2011

Thanks for that, will try sometimes.

Well my sis beat Mt. Ordeals stage 3, which I found too tough for me.  Now with stage 4 unlocked the training is about to get extreme!  And when I looked to check back at the Cam-Pain All the blackened spots on the water was gone.  I thought it meant that all the spots were opened now... how wrong I was.

Now I'm waiting for the DLC, hope to get Petta soon, have a father and daughter fight together!

Message 71 of 95 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Nov 9, 2011

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

Thanks for that, will try sometimes.

Well my sis beat Mt. Ordeals stage 3, which I found too tough for me.  Now with stage 4 unlocked the training is about to get extreme!  And when I looked to check back at the Cam-Pain All the blackened spots on the water was gone.  I thought it meant that all the spots were opened now... how wrong I was.

Now I'm waiting for the DLC, hope to get Petta soon, have a father and daughter fight together!

I'm ready for some DLC myself.

Message 72 of 95 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 10, 2011

Some time ago I come up with a theory of how the Mediator works.  I got mine to level 100 and went to the Innocent Town and nothing happened, twice in fact.  I worked it so that I would fill an item full to do the item word, then I tried again factoring the possiblity that the new innocent isn't a combined innocent, just a new one while the other two exist so I had it so that at least a space was open for the possiblity.  So it didn't work.  If the number on the Mediator doesn't factor to the odds of getting a new innocent then what does the number mean?  If I'm going to get one I guess I'll just have ot restart the game over and over until I get one.  And I tried to get the Sniper Innocent which from what I've checked is a Marksmen/Coach combo.

Message 73 of 95 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Nov 10, 2011

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

Some time ago I come up with a theory of how the Mediator works.  I got mine to level 100 and went to the Innocent Town and nothing happened, twice in fact.  I worked it so that I would fill an item full to do the item word, then I tried again factoring the possiblity that the new innocent isn't a combined innocent, just a new one while the other two exist so I had it so that at least a space was open for the possiblity.  So it didn't work.  If the number on the Mediator doesn't factor to the odds of getting a new innocent then what does the number mean?  If I'm going to get one I guess I'll just have ot restart the game over and over until I get one.  And I tried to get the Sniper Innocent which from what I've checked is a Marksmen/Coach combo.

Combo Innocents are very hard to get but I have had better success going to Item World with only the Innocents needed to make the combo and the Mediator. So if you want the Sniper put in the item Coach + Marksman + Mediator and nothing else. I also do not think the number matters in the success rate but you will get more combo Innocents the more of each individual Innocent you have in the item. Also I make it a point to save on floor X9 and gency out, save, and return straight to Innocent town. I never try to do multiple things when going for combos, that is to say not trying for XP or leveling the item just a straight fast run to Innocent town. Works much better for me that way.

Message 74 of 95 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2416 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Hi-Res Asagi (Additional Event)

2011-09-06

Free

Character

Adell (Additional Event)

2011-11-22

$2.99

Character

Rozalin (Additional Event)

2011-11-22

$2.99

Character

Laharl Kaiser V (Additional Event)

2011-11-22

$1.99

Pirate Ship

Holt Village Map

2011-11-22

$0.99

Map

Getter Mao (Additional Event)

2011-12-13

$1.99

Pirate Ship

Death Saber (Additional Event)

2011-12-13

$2.99

Character

Overlord Priere (Additional Event)

2011-12-13

$2.99

Character

Mao (Additional Event)

2011-12-13

$2.99

Character

Classroom Map

2011-12-13

$0.99

Map

Message 75 of 95 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Is it just me or is the characters getting more expensive in Disgaea 4?  I mean I believe characters in 3 cost like $1.99 each but now they just about doubled the price.

Thinking about it I'm surprised that Asagi is free considering the Hero Prinny was free in Japan to promote Prinny: Can I really be the Hero? which they didn't do here.  People in Japan paid for Asagi, but that money was gathered for the Relief efforts in Japan.

Message 76 of 95 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2416 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Yeah, it's a little bit of a ripoff if you ask me.  I paid $50.00 for the bundle for Disgaea 3 and felt like I got cheated.  I think that most of dlc should be free to help sell more copies of the game.  That's just my opinion.  The only dlc that I am going to buy this time around is Laharl Kaiser V, Holt Village Map, Getter Mao, and Classroom Map.  I am not going to buy any characters this time around because it just gets to be too much work.  I have all of my current charters at level 9999 and they have each been reincarnated a bunch of times and I have done the chara world for everyone gettting them various things like new moves to extra counters.

Message 77 of 95 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Well I remember I did the math on the Disgaea 3 DLCs, the bundle DOES cost less then the rest of the DLCs, and since the bundle is the rest of the DLCs with some extras as I know it is a deal.... It was a shame since I got the Beryl story set before knowing about a bundle thing.

But yeah games should have more free DLC.  I can understand it can be a good way to make money but come on, give the people more than ONE freebie.

Message 78 of 95 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 14, 2011

I hope this double post will be alright... since I have a question and just editting my last post isn't going to inform people I have something to ask.

Well here it is, I did the combining of two innocents to get a new one.  It worked but.... Well I had a Marksmen and Coach, so that would be Hit and Speed so I would get a Sniper.  But when it happened I ended up getting a Pugilist, which is Attack/Hit for those who don't know.  So now more than ever how does the Mediator work?  I can understand it a bit but now I'm lost since I got something completely different from what was ment to be created.

Message 79 of 95 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Nov 15, 2011

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

I hope this double post will be alright... since I have a question and just editting my last post isn't going to inform people I have something to ask.

Well here it is, I did the combining of two innocents to get a new one.  It worked but.... Well I had a Marksmen and Coach, so that would be Hit and Speed so I would get a Sniper.  But when it happened I ended up getting a Pugilist, which is Attack/Hit for those who don't know.  So now more than ever how does the Mediator work?  I can understand it a bit but now I'm lost since I got something completely different from what was ment to be created.

Were Marksman and Coach the only Innocents in the item? If not the Innocents are picked at random.

On the DLC questions. I bought the bundle for D3. It was a good deal. I am thinking now I'll wait for a compilation bundle for D4. I have enough other stuff going on now **cough** Skyrim **cough**.

Message 80 of 95 (95 Views)
0 Likes