Survivor
2520 posts

Re: Disgaea 4

Nov 15, 2011

The bundles are a good deal but a lot of the dlc should be free.  When you buy dlc for a game like Skyrim you are getting your money's worth.  On Disgaea 4 they want to charge you $2.99 for a 2D character.  The only thing that I am going to buy this time around is maps, maybe one of the pirate ships, and any new story that comes out for the game.

Play-Asia.com - Buy Games & Codes for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC / Mac.
Message 81 of 95 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 15, 2011

CoarseDragon wrote:

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

I hope this double post will be alright... since I have a question and just editting my last post isn't going to inform people I have something to ask.

Well here it is, I did the combining of two innocents to get a new one.  It worked but.... Well I had a Marksmen and Coach, so that would be Hit and Speed so I would get a Sniper.  But when it happened I ended up getting a Pugilist, which is Attack/Hit for those who don't know.  So now more than ever how does the Mediator work?  I can understand it a bit but now I'm lost since I got something completely different from what was ment to be created.

Were Marksman and Coach the only Innocents in the item? If not the Innocents are picked at random.

On the DLC questions. I bought the bundle for D3. It was a good deal. I am thinking now I'll wait for a compilation bundle for D4. I have enough other stuff going on now **cough** Skyrim **cough**.

It was ONLY the three Innocents needed, the Mediator, Marksman, and Coach.  I made sure that no other Innocents were there so I had room for the new one and not to cause any random pairings.  And I ended up getting an Innocent that had Attack and Hit, while Hit was right, it was meant to be speed.

Now for the bundle it depends on how much of a deal you're getting, I would most likely wait to see the prices for the single DLCs once they come out to be sure.  But I would most likely wait and see how much of a difference it is for all the stuff in the bundle compared to all the stuff on its own.

Also tried that item duplication glitch about the Rosen Queen Shop, worked like a charm.  Now I have to work on all the Innocents I have to max them out to make more of them.  Maxed out one Coach and have several Broker, Magichange Lover, and Fusion Lover, close with Marksman and Gladiator.  An easy way to get some strong items quickly.

Message 82 of 95 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Nov 19, 2011

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

CoarseDragon wrote:

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

I hope this double post will be alright... since I have a question and just editting my last post isn't going to inform people I have something to ask.

Well here it is, I did the combining of two innocents to get a new one.  It worked but.... Well I had a Marksmen and Coach, so that would be Hit and Speed so I would get a Sniper.  But when it happened I ended up getting a Pugilist, which is Attack/Hit for those who don't know.  So now more than ever how does the Mediator work?  I can understand it a bit but now I'm lost since I got something completely different from what was ment to be created.

Were Marksman and Coach the only Innocents in the item? If not the Innocents are picked at random.

On the DLC questions. I bought the bundle for D3. It was a good deal. I am thinking now I'll wait for a compilation bundle for D4. I have enough other stuff going on now **cough** Skyrim **cough**.

It was ONLY the three Innocents needed, the Mediator, Marksman, and Coach.  I made sure that no other Innocents were there so I had room for the new one and not to cause any random pairings.  And I ended up getting an Innocent that had Attack and Hit, while Hit was right, it was meant to be speed.

Now for the bundle it depends on how much of a deal you're getting, I would most likely wait to see the prices for the single DLCs once they come out to be sure.  But I would most likely wait and see how much of a difference it is for all the stuff in the bundle compared to all the stuff on its own.

Also tried that item duplication glitch about the Rosen Queen Shop, worked like a charm.  Now I have to work on all the Innocents I have to max them out to make more of them.  Maxed out one Coach and have several Broker, Magichange Lover, and Fusion Lover, close with Marksman and Gladiator.  An easy way to get some strong items quickly.

Now I'm confused about the Mediator. I've never seen that before. You only need to make what you need once then just dupe it so maybe there can be random events.

I have one or two DLC for D4 Think I'll wait until next year and see if any bundles come up before getting any more.

Edit: I just got an e-mail from NISA about a big DLC sale next Tuesday. Maybe some discounts on Disgaea 4 DLC.

Message 83 of 95 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 19, 2011

Yeah it's strange and I don't know what to do.  I restarted it a few times and it always ended up as an Innocent with Attack when there was no Gladitor to be found on the item.  Sometimes when I retried it I got a combo that did Att/Hit or other times Att/Spd, not one with the Spd/Hit that I wanted for the angel girl.  I'm going to try to aim for a SP/Int Innocent next time to see how it turns out but I am really confused as to why it is happening like that.

Really?  Sales sound nice as there is some stuff I would love to get for Disgaea 3 and maybe Disgaea 4 if the discounts apply to them too.

Message 84 of 95 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Nov 21, 2011

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

Yeah it's strange and I don't know what to do.  I restarted it a few times and it always ended up as an Innocent with Attack when there was no Gladitor to be found on the item.  Sometimes when I retried it I got a combo that did Att/Hit or other times Att/Spd, not one with the Spd/Hit that I wanted for the angel girl.  I'm going to try to aim for a SP/Int Innocent next time to see how it turns out but I am really confused as to why it is happening like that.

Really?  Sales sound nice as there is some stuff I would love to get for Disgaea 3 and maybe Disgaea 4 if the discounts apply to them too.

I have all the D3 DLC but I hope there is some D4 discounted DLC. Going to see if there happens to be anything for Hyperdimension Neptunia or Phantom Brave. Probably nothing for Phantom Brave though.

Guess I'll have to do some testing on the Mediator. Could be related to weapon or item you use for the Mediator.

Message 85 of 95 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 21, 2011

Well after looking around google it seems like other players have a similar problem with getting a Att/Hit Innocent or Att/Spd Innocent.  The only thing they say that works is the Mystrey Innocent, so I don't have much choice but to go through that until I get a Sniper, one person said it took them 3 retries for it to be a Sniper so that is what I'm going to do.  I went for the Nerd (SP/INT) Innocent and got it easy.

It would be nice if Disgaea 4 got DLC deals on the day they come out.

Message 86 of 95 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Nov 23, 2011

TheBlackDragoon wrote:

Well after looking around google it seems like other players have a similar problem with getting a Att/Hit Innocent or Att/Spd Innocent.  The only thing they say that works is the Mystrey Innocent, so I don't have much choice but to go through that until I get a Sniper, one person said it took them 3 retries for it to be a Sniper so that is what I'm going to do.  I went for the Nerd (SP/INT) Innocent and got it easy.

It would be nice if Disgaea 4 got DLC deals on the day they come out.

Must be some kind of glitch I guess. Didn't happen to me but hen again I only needed to do that once.

Did you find any DLC you wanted? I found a couple of things.

Message 87 of 95 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 23, 2011

Still happens... I mean the game got a patch a while ago (it got rid of the item duplation glitch at the store) so I thought it would fix the Sniper thing too.  But it is still the same, I mean when I get the wedding event I always get the event for the one I want just not the Sniper.  Also beat level 100 of an item.  It may not be powerfull but can hold up to 8 Innocents which is something I need.  Plus found the Meowkin Pirates on floor 95, I planned on repeating the 91-100 floors if I didn't find it but once was all I needed.  Still need more to get to the Land of Carnage.

As for DLC most of the Disgaea 3 stuff is cut, but not the bundle set for some reason.  Sadly the Disgaea 4 stuff is full price and I don't know if we'll get that soon.  My sis has enough to get a few Disgaea 3 DLCs (already have Rasberyl's Story) and to get a non-character DLC, for me well $0.09 isn't going to get me anything.

Message 88 of 95 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Nov 25, 2011

I had not tried to duplicate for a while, I did not know they patched it. To bad.

I saw the Disgaea 4 stuff was pretty much the normal price.

You'll have lots of fun in LoC. It can be tough but really fun.

Message 89 of 95 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 7, 2011

Well after a LOT of time I finally got a Puppy Paw Stick, and so far haven't stolen anything yet.  How much is the rate for it to steal an item?  I mean I hear 10%, 5%... I don't know and I wonder if it's possible to increase the rate some way... like going to the PPS item world.  Also in the Character world I was thinking, isn't it possible to use a hand to steal from the Heart Containers or no?

Message 90 of 95 (57 Views)
0 Likes