Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 26 2012
By: JMadFour First Son 31 posts

Dragon's Dogma, is it all Combat, and little else?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 195 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

Playing Skyrim now, thinking about buying Dragon's Dogma as well.

What I don't like about Skyrim but am learning to deal with - The Combat.

What I love about Skyrim - pretty much everything else. The Lore, the books, the people, the world, the options (owning a house, getting married, becoming a vampire or werewolf, etc.), the different guilds, the crime system, etc.

Every review I've read about DD goes on and on and on about how wonderful the combat is, and the Pawn System.  and from the Demo  can tell that the combat is pretty interesting. But is the Combat all there really is to the game? or are there other interesting exploration/discovery/cool stuff as well?

basically, I am looking for Skyrim with better combat. is that Dragon's Dogma?

or is Dragon's Dogma only about killing large creatures and nothing else?

also, once I finish the main quest in Dragon's Dogma, can I continue in the same world? or does it do some silly "New Game Plus" crap where I have to play the exact same game all over again, just with harder enemies?

Message 1 of 4 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Re: Dragon's Dogma, is it all Combat, and little else?

Oct 26, 2012

JMadFour wrote:

...... or does it do some silly "New Game Plus" crap where I have to play the exact same game all over again, just with harder enemies?

I dont know anything about DD, as I dont have it (yet) but I agree with you. NG+(++++) is one of the dumbest ideas in gaming history.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Message 2 of 4 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2443 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

Dragons Dogma has Awesome combat and much Strategy in it. the pawns have excellent A.I. though they tend to be a bit chatty. the game world is Huge and there's a ton to explore the only things you might not like is in the 1st playthrough you have NO Fast Travel at all

after you beat the game it unlocks something called Portcrystals that you can place anywhere and these are fast travel points. as for your 2nd point about NG + this game has NG + but it doesn't get harder rather you get access to a new boss called The Ur Dragon which is a blast to fight and very Very Rewarding. the game is just epic from how good the animations are especally on creatures right down

to the variable combat styles. for example if you're an archer, you will feel a big difference in combat then say a warrior.

just do yourself a favor and pick it up it's excellent. the best part of the NG + setup is your pawn and character Keep all Exp and Loot they gained in Each Playthrough. so it's also got a great loot grinding element to it as well. you can trade with friends too via the pawns.

one last thing it's a Third Person game Not First Person as Skyrim. it is not buggy like skyrim either  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Message 3 of 4 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Nov 2, 2012

It is on the top of my "buy when the price drops list ",  <<<<< cheap gamer. Actually not cheap I usually have a backload of games to play so why spend 60 when i can buy it for 20. Its still "new" to me , whenever i buy and play it. looking foward to playing it, i only wish there was a game of that quality with an online/coop mode. Oh well..one day we can hope.

Message 4 of 4 (135 Views)
0 Likes