Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2010
By: Deiradinn Hekseville Citizen 305 posts

Ever see Radiata Stories 2?

13 replies 5155 views Edited Jan 15, 2010
I don't really know if the games sold that well or not but I really enjoyed it and all the characters you could recruit. Just watched some Youtube videos to give me that spark of nostalgia. I miss games like this, and I hope White Knight Chronicles won't let any of us down. Got me thinking, will this game ever see a sequel or not?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (5,155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Re: Ever see Radiata Stories 2?

Jan 16, 2010
If we do, going by Square-Enix's track record, I don't think it would wind up being good anyways.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (5,155 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2797 posts

Jan 16, 2010
I'd rather see a prequel for this game to be honest. A sequel would be too hard to make.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (5,155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Jan 17, 2010
I guess I just keep a soft heart towards games were still like. Maybe White Knight Chronicles will be a found memory.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (5,155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4477 posts

Jan 18, 2010

As far as I know. There has never been a Radiata Stories sequel.

Would I like a sequel, or prequel? Hell to the yes! It's one of the few games that was almost perfect in my opinion. People need to remember a couple of things though. SquareEnix is a publisher, and not just a development team. SONY is the same way, and much more though. Tri-Ace, was the developer team that took on Radiata Stories. They also did Valkrie Profile. Anyway I would love either, but it would have to be done right, and in the same spirit as the original. Meaning I do not want awsome graphics, that wow you the player, or even look to real. The art style used in Radiata Stories drew you in, and combined with the story, music, and atmosphere. It really came together as a new style of masterpeice.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (5,155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Jan 18, 2010

Rorek_IronBlood wrote:

As far as I know. There has never been a Radiata Stories sequel.

Would I like a sequel, or prequel? Hell to the yes! It's one of the few games that was almost perfect in my opinion. People need to remember a couple of things though. SquareEnix is a publisher, and not just a development team. SONY is the same way, and much more though. Tri-Ace, was the developer team that took on Radiata Stories. They also did Valkrie Profile. Anyway I would love either, but it would have to be done right, and in the same spirit as the original. Meaning I do not want awsome graphics, that wow you the player, or even look to real. The art style used in Radiata Stories drew you in, and combined with the story, music, and atmosphere. It really came together as a new style of masterpeice.

I'm so glad to see someone agree. I loved the music of the game so much, that I would just leave the game on sometimes to fill my living room with that fantasy aura. Geeky, of course, but all who play games, especially RPGs, have a lot of geek in them.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (5,155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4477 posts

Jan 18, 2010

Talking about Radiata Stories's music... I got one word for you then - Papiya

That song still haunts me sometimes. It was so bizare, and weird, but drew you in with it's catchy rythmic lyrics. Made you wanna just sit there, and listen to that song all day long. I know I did. (LOL) I still in all of my ten play throughs got everyone though. :smileysurprised: I am missing some green orcs, and one or two from the Magic Institute. Damn them! :smileytongue:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (5,155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Hi I'm a big fan of this game, I need to know if I could download it from the ps store or play it on my ps3 cuz my ps2 got wet i really want to play this game its just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing, Yeah so thanks  ^^

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (5,155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Oct 19, 2010

this game is just another example of why ps2 was so great as well as an example of what ps3 is missing .

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (5,155 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Oct 19, 2010

M4DSK1LLZ420 wrote:

this game is just another example of why ps2 was so great as well as an example of what ps3 is missing .

And will never see, since Square Enix's last care in the industry seems to be RPGs lately.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (5,154 Views)
0 Likes