Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 01 2012
By: Genesis_Otaku88 First Son 10 posts

I feel robbed and outraged at White Knight Chronicles2

19 replies 602 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

OK so I have played every lvl5 game that has hit the states, got WKC1IE and loved it, bought WKC2 the day it came out, but here is the problem, DLC. In Japan the have something like 40 more quest, higher level cap, higher GR cap, new weapons and new story quest, most of which is on ALL the disc's just not translated. Now I wouldn't have a problem with this if A) at the end of the main story it didn't say to be continued ( the DLC is the continue part as they are not making a WKC3) and B) if they said from the start the DLC (which is on the disc mind you) was going to be for Japan only. I feel like I wasted my time and money by buying this game ( I even bought the tickets that boost GR,level, and item drops), if they had simply said "oh and by the way you wont get all of what you paid for". Now mind you that knight weapon thing, where EU got leaked weapons for about 6 months that JUST came out in NA a few months ago, was a big step forward in terms of fairness, but why even bother making the game available in the US and in EU AND go thru all the work of putting the DLC on the disc, if you are just going to favor one country. Sony I feel a bit robbed by this exclusive title that seems to be getting zero support. If this is how D3 and level 5 are going to treat their loyal fans then why even bother making the game? And for those of you that don't play the game, its very grind heavy the whole point is getting new gear and getting stronger. Oh and lets not forget how D3 says they notice a decline in server activity, that's just common sense. Why would people get on when they know Japan has more DLC and we have been stuck with the same quest and gear for almost a full year. feels bad man, feels bad

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (602 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: I feel robbed and outraged at White Knight Chronicles2

Oct 1, 2012

I hope Sony will see this as a problem and not write it off. This needs to be adressed or fixed. D3 dosent know what to do or say, cuz they said we were not getting DLC including guilds, yet we have guilds. They need to adress this ASAP

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (600 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10874 posts

Oct 1, 2012

A similar issue happened with Mass Effect 3 earlier in the year from what I remember. There was content released the same day the game came out. If you hadn't purchased the collector's edition (which costs more money) you didn't get the bonus stuff that this purchase yielded. It's not every game that has issues like these, but apparently there are gamers who are upset about it. This will probably be an ongoing dilemma as we lurk further into the digital era.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (591 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 1, 2012

what shot them in the foot was puttig DLC on the disc and not releasing or saying nope, even tho its on the dis its not for you. This needs to end, this trend of putting DLC on the disc and then making up all kinds of BS about it >.> we paid for the disc, including the content on said disc, so when you put DLC on it and dont release it what do you think is going to happen? Honestly im surprised there hasnt been a lawsuit yet >.>

And ye i Heard about the ME3 thing, and how they changed the ending, but thats a MAJOR title thats cross plat. so the out cry was WAY louder =/

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (574 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8475 posts

Oct 2, 2012
two words:

DLC sucks
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (567 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2062 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

I knew there was a reason I have never, ever, not even once, bought DLC.

Sadly, I'm in the very, very, extreamly small minority on that. You know, if people didn't support DLC .... it wouldn't exist, the stuff would be on the disc, and you'd get it all on day one.

You know, just like in the PS2 and before years.

But... this is the world we live in now.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (555 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2945 posts

Oct 3, 2012
I loved WKC but it took 600 hours of my life so I never got started on WKC2 even though I have the game. If the JP DLC adds so much, I'm now double happy I didn't get suckered in a second time!!

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I also love white knight. Let me just say that so i dont seem flamatory ... in all honesty we are lucky that we even got wkc2. before the game ever released in the west sony dropped support for the wkc servers. in level 5's eyes this game was a failure in the u.s.

Just enjoy the game for what it is , a quality rpg in a market where rpgs pretty much dont even exist. The games great it just simply didnt sell well. It was supposed to be a trilogy originally. they threw something together and released the second chapter. its ashame and an outrage imo that this game doesnt get the love it deserves but what can u do. just be happy we got it at all is all im saying.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I cannot just be happy with what I got, there is content on disk we paid for that is being denied, how can I just let that go?  They basically gave me 70% of a game instead of everything I paid for then threw out a flimsy excuse that it was "Japan Only Content" while they took my money and laughed.  Well sorry but forget that, gamers cannot let companies get away with this garbage and be complacent sheep.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Oct 6, 2012

lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (479 Views)