Jun 08 2013
By: milleja First Son 28 posts

Is there any games similar to this?

5 replies 441 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any games similar to these for the vita(since I've gotten more into playing my vita and just can't seem to find them in my own searches even if i can still play it on another system):

1.) Summon Night: Swordcraft Story

2.) Tales of Phantasia(yes i know I played it out of order but i could never find the originals that would work in my current systems that i have)

3.) Golden Sun

I probably could list off a few more, but i don't know of the others i wish I could find alternatives for that can be played on the vita(or ps3 if i ever become able to get one....)

(Yes I know i play some of the games that no one has probably heard of but still)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Bronze Trophy Hunter
83 posts

Re: Is there any games similar to this?

Jun 9, 2013
If you can import games then I suggest:
-Tales of Innocence R
-Tales of Hearts R

For non import then I suggest:
-Dragons Crown
-Muramasa Rebirth
-Playstation All-Star Battle Royale

"Fans who ditch a game because of the exclusion of a language they don't even speak were never fans to begin with."
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (434 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Well, if i even understood japanese I would probably play the imports XD I just haven't been able to learn that among other things >_>
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (433 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10795 posts

Jun 9, 2013

The closest games that come to mind on the Vita, at least in relation to Summon Night: Swordcraft Story, would consist of titles such as Dungeon Hunter: Alliance and Warrior's Lair. These are dungeon-crawlers themselves, though based in a starker contrast to that than the vibrant game you have in mind.

Currently, there are no Tales games available on the Vita and none that seem to be in the planning stages. The HD ports of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 would be your best bet on that end. As for Golden Sun, maybe Ys: Memories of Celceta would be such a game? I'm not familiar with the Ys series, however, so I couldn't say whether that resembles the Golden Sun series at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Ehh to even get close to FFX i need to finish FFI I never have finished it especially since that original one never provided much direction so I have to keep looking up where to go XD But might have to give these a try(making a list in a springpad notebook of my own with wants and haves for later so once i get a new job(soon hopefully) I can build a better library of games...) they sound interesting. Too bad the originals for Summon Night: Swordcraft Story(Summon Night) never got a US release. I don't feel like screwing up my vita just to get the other regions to work XD But I do have to admit some of these are stunning. The only reason I asked for games similar to those is because those had the most amazing storylines and gameplay's for when they were made. Plus summon night's weapon crafting, and the equipment system of golden sun, were reason enough to play those and just thought some game either coming or already here would give the same great feeling just to play.(now if there was one to take the puzzle type play of zelda i wouldn't mind playing that either if it came into play)

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I mean I've seriously made a huge list: http://sprng.me/ihurc some are games I've played or I am playing, but some are ones you guys have mentioned along with a few classics I stumbled upon thanks to google finally telling me some decent ones to try XD

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (78 Views)
0 Likes