Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 02 2013
By: Bobsfed Fender Bender 2916 posts

Is there anyone here who used to play EQOA?

6 replies 85 views Edited Feb 2, 2013

Everquest Online Adventures was a fun mmo in its day, and I was sorry to hear it shut down perminetly last March.  I played for about a year back in 2008. I was on the CLW server and my two main toons were Vermir the enchanter gnome, and Barkly the druid halfling. I was in a guild called The Guild of Non-Conformists. I think that's what it was called anyways. That guild eventually merged with another guild I can't remember the name of. I left the guild shortly after that because I wasn't happy about the merge. I also left the game around then too. I kept meaning to go back but never did. So anyone else here play EQOA around the time I did?

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Re: Is there anyone here who used to play EQOA?

Feb 3, 2013

Eqoa to me was my first mmo, the second game i got hardcore hooked on (first being diablo 2), and was th greast gameing experience of my life.

It hard for me to put into words what felt there, but everyone who played shared that feeling, the love

i was never a high level, i always started over to perfect my tanking. and i was told i was always the best tank people have grouped with, however i have not tanked end game. i played on DH at first then after the great depression i started over on CLW like everyone else. like i said ive started over a bunch of times so my Human werelion paladin was known by many names such as Garlandxr, Genotaur, Magusxr and a couple more. highest ive got was lvl 40 with a ton of CM points.

I remember on DH i was apart of KNIGHTS OF THE BLACK ROSE. greatest group of people ive ever met

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2916 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

EQOA was my first mmo too. I started just after Monster Hunter's online server was shut down. But someone on MH told me to go on CLW. I can't remember what level I actually was for both my main toons. I think my halfling druid was lvl 40. My gnome enchanter was around 60 or higher. But that was because I let him get power leveled early on. At the time I didn't know there was a term for that though and I got called a ploob a lot.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I'm still upset with Sony for letting that game just drift away like it did.  I'm hoping to see EQOA return to a Playstation console in the future.  The thing that sucks about MMORPGs though is you spend a LOT of time and money over an extended period of time.  Then, POOF, the game is cancelled.  It really sucks when you can't play one of your favorite games anymore.

I thought EQOA had a great formula to it.  I really hate that so many rpgs that have had some great formulas have just faded away.  Ugh...

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2916 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Yeah I agree with you there. You spend money on a game that after a few years you can't play it anymore. But I also understand why the developer's shut them down. They do it when there's not enough people playing the game anymore. It costs them money to keep the server running, and with not enough income coming in, then it's no longer profitable for them. But Sony did keep the server running for 9 years and that's more than other companies have done. Capcom released Resident Evil Outbreak and monster hunter in 2004, and resident evil outbreak 2 in 2005. Then they shut down the server for the second resident evil outbreak game 2 years later in in early 2007. And then shut down the server in for mh and resident evil outbreak 1 in late 2007. And a lot of people were still playing these games too. These games were free to play but I thought capcom closed the servers down a little too early in my opinion. They really ripped off some of us that bought these games for the online modes.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Sony let EQOA run for 9 years, sure.  But, they didn't do much with it for the 2nd half of that time.  I thought maybe they were cooking up something like EQOA 2, or a large expansion to EQOA.  I figured Sony had SOMETHING new in development being they let the game run for so long.  I thought the day Sony announced the end of EQOA would've been the day a new title was announced.  I could understand if the game was a complete failure.  But, I wouldn't consider 9 years a failure.  Oh well.

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2916 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I agree, it would have been nice if they actually kept the franchise going on the ps3. And released something like EQOA 2 or kept the first one updated with new content every once in awhile. It's like they just gave up all together on it. But I don't understand why because it was a huge sucess and generated lots of money for them in the early years. If they had kept it up to date with new content than so many users wouldn't have left. It just makes me wonder if they're going to abandon something like PS Home after some of us invested hundreds of dollars into it.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (50 Views)
0 Likes