Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Re: Made WKC club in home.

Jan 21, 2010

Triple_digit wrote:
blah, insults dont work on me. The idea of a bunch of people meeting to discuss - a game? plan strategies to do what?  build Georama? or how cool it is to have WKC? i am trying to imagine what s the need for a meeting and what it ll be about. Also , meeting in a place where you have imaginary town with imaginary store where you buy ( for non so imaginary dollars) things to make the make-belive you and your house (lol) cool and to show it off to other imaginary people . All that seems kinda- sad.

Are you talking about HOME or WKC? I can't tell.  If you are talking about HOME, it's free.  There are things you can buy if you want, but you start off with all that you mentioned for free.  The Club cost $5. It's less than some folks pay to setup guild websites.  In some way this is a guild but not generally speaking.  To be honest, talking about a game is exactly what we do on this forum.  It's what YOU do, you talk about not just this game other games.  Since there is no IRC or official website this club is kinda kewl to have and if you don't already know.. Games can be launched from HOME.  It's likely that WKC will be able to be launched from home.  

Message Edited by Severancepay on 01-20-2010 08:33 PM

My webseries about the accomplishing 40 trad climbing routes, The Road to SPI
Message 20 of 46 (3 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
760 posts

Jan 21, 2010

Triple_digit wrote:
blah, insults dont work on me. The idea of a bunch of people meeting to discuss - a game? plan strategies to do what?  build Georama? or how cool it is to have WKC? i am trying to imagine what s the need for a meeting and what it ll be about. Also , meeting in a place where you have imaginary town with imaginary store where you buy ( for non so imaginary dollars) things to make the make-belive you and your house (lol) cool and to show it off to other imaginary people . All that seems kinda- sad.

so... Basically the point of you posting on this thread was just to tell us that what we are doing isn't your type of thing... Well thanks for the info... There are others on this thread that find it helpful...

It sounds like the meeting was for people to get to know others who play the game so that they can invite for some co-op... I think its a good idea because when you play with random people you don't know what you will get... You could run into some people who just take all the loot and runs...

I have only been on ps home once or twice just to see what it was... and its just like ANY social network thats out (Facebook and MySpace) but I suppose you don't have an account with any of those cuz that would be silly... Sony made "Home" to be like any social network but for gamers...

Message 21 of 46 (3 Views)
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jan 21, 2010

piggie_pie wrote:

Triple_digit wrote:

so... Basically the point of you posting on this thread was just to tell us that what we are doing isn't your type of thing... Well thanks for the info... There are others on this thread that find it helpful...

It sounds like the meeting was for people to get to know others who play the game so that they can invite for some co-op... I think its a good idea because when you play with random people you don't know what you will get... You could run into some people who just take all the loot and runs...

I have only been on ps home once or twice just to see what it was... and its just like ANY social network thats out (Facebook and MySpace) but I suppose you don't have an account with any of those cuz that would be silly... Sony made "Home" to be like any social network but for gamers...

This. 

I met Severancepay, Mushinronja and Alaxas17 all through this club. All new people, just like Triple_digit claimed to want to do through randomly joining people. I don't see the problem? At least here I can talk to them, get to know them, and then it's a lot easier to join up with them later and get a quick solid start to playing online. I don't see how us trying to meet some new people who are planning on getting the game constitutes us as "shut ins". 3 new people, and at least 8 more in the club that I haven't met yet, I don't see the issue.

Message 22 of 46 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

Jan 21, 2010

TechnoGolem wrote:

Severancepay wrote:

I've changed my mind about a meeting.  Exactly 1 week from today we can do a meet and greet on Wednesday at 9pm pacific time.  I'd say let's do another the day before launch.  I'll post a message to all the members.

You might want to set the time a few hours earlier. It may make it hard for anyone on the east coast to join in because it would be midnight for them.

Yeah, like me lol. I'm up at 5 AM to work each day, so starting something at midnight is never going to happen for me.

I've had the same problem with MMO's. Everyone wants to raid starting late at night, never works for me It was so much easier when I lived in the MST timezone, I could join EST servers and have a 2 hour advantage. Dosen't work now that I'm in Taxachusetts.

Message 23 of 46 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jan 21, 2010

colstripcapn wrote:

TechnoGolem wrote:

Severancepay wrote:

I've changed my mind about a meeting.  Exactly 1 week from today we can do a meet and greet on Wednesday at 9pm pacific time.  I'd say let's do another the day before launch.  I'll post a message to all the members.

You might want to set the time a few hours earlier. It may make it hard for anyone on the east coast to join in because it would be midnight for them.

Yeah, like me lol. I'm up at 5 AM to work each day, so starting something at midnight is never going to happen for me.

I've had the same problem with MMO's. Everyone wants to raid starting late at night, never works for me It was so much easier when I lived in the MST timezone, I could join EST servers and have a 2 hour advantage. Dosen't work now that I'm in Taxachusetts.

We should definitely try and get the "day before release" meeting at an earlier time so it's more accomodating to everyone.

Message 24 of 46 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jan 21, 2010

KainOcelot wrote:

colstripcapn wrote:

TechnoGolem wrote:

Severancepay wrote:

We should definitely try and get the "day before release" meeting at an earlier time so it's more accomodating to everyone.

I've been considering it at great length, just don't know how early for sure.  Even thinking about moving it forward to Sunday so it's on the weekend. I'll know for sure after the first one, it'll be one of the topics we discuss.

Message 25 of 46 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Jan 21, 2010
Yeah, because the 9PM Pacific time for the meeting means Mindnight here where I live on the east coast.
Message 26 of 46 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Jan 21, 2010

Kajros wrote:
Yeah, because the 9PM Pacific time for the meeting means Mindnight here where I live on the east coast.

Also... I will be at work so if we could do another one on Sunday or some time on the weekend that would be great... I also don't see my name on the roster on the first page... you can add me if you want... I will be playing this game on day one for sure and I need to make sure I have a few people to play co-op with...

Im a very easy-going gamer who loves RPGs... hook me up like a tow-truck!

Message 27 of 46 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jan 21, 2010

piggie_pie wrote:

Kajros wrote:

Also... I will be at work so if we could do another one on Sunday or some time on the weekend that would be great... I also don't see my name on the roster on the first page... you can add me if you want... I will be playing this game on day one for sure and I need to make sure I have a few people to play co-op with...

Im a very easy-going gamer who loves RPGs... hook me up like a tow-truck!

Well. You gotta join the club first, already sent you invite Smiley Happy  Um.. I moved the time forward to 7pm.  Probably not early enough, but I am considering a Sunday meet.  Dunno what time yet but we'll talk about that.

Message 28 of 46 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jan 21, 2010

Kajros wrote:

It was adjusted to 7pm doesn't show on the home board yet though

Message Edited by Severancepay on 01-21-2010 11:51 AM

Message 29 of 46 (3 Views)
0 Likes