Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 03 2012
By: colstripcapn Uncharted Territory 2062 posts

Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition

8 replies 521 views Edited Jul 3, 2012

I saw this posted elsewhere and thought I would share it here. Namco Bandai are selling a CE of Ni No Kuni called the Wizard Edition, but unfortunately the only way to get it is ordering directly through them.

It has a steep $100 price point, plus pretty high shipping costs (especially if you want it next day).

The Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition will include:

• 300+ page hardback physical copy of the Wizard’s Companion, the spellbook Oliver uses throughout his journey in the game. The full-color Wizard’s Companion contains a bestiary of all the creatures found in the game along with in-depth item descriptions, spells and history of the other world.
  • The limited-run Wizard’s Edition will also contain a plush doll of Drippy, Oliver’s guide through his adventures,
  • as well as exclusive “golden mite” and “golden drongo” DLC familiars.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/en_US/pd/productID.253168700/categoryId.55939400

Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8491 posts

Re: Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition

Jul 3, 2012

Aww man I do want the book it may actually be useful playing the game, not "Drippy?" (that's really that things name?) I never liked the design off that thing. $100+ though that's probably too rich for my blood.

There won't be any custom avatars :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2062 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, as I understand it everything in the book is included within the game. But having it in print form is certainly more convenient.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28704 posts

Jul 6, 2012

Considering some of the other collector's editions that release these days, I think for what you get in this package is a very good buy at $99. Even though I imported and will probably not touch the US version, I look forward to having this in my collection.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2062 posts

Jul 6, 2012

How do you figure? I've seen loads of RPG CE's that include an art book plus physical goodie for $10-$15 over the base game.

The $100-$150 range has usually been limited to Bioware, Blizzard, and FPS games.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28704 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2012

colstripcapn wrote:

How do you figure? I've seen loads of RPG CE's that include an art book plus physical goodie for $10-$15 over the base game.

The $100-$150 range has usually been limited to Bioware, Blizzard, and FPS games.

It depends on the company really. Sure, publishers like NISA with very little following and sales will price their collector's edition lower and add a nice amount of includes to make the offer more attractive, but established publishers such as Namco or Square Enix -- they're in a comparable in the same price range, I think. Considering the contents of this, I think $99 is a very fair deal when I compare it to say, Final Fantasy XIII-2 Limited Edition (which retailed for $79). I thought for the money, $79 was a good buy for the box set plus the 4-disc soundtrack. But considering the nicely bound hard cover art-book, box set, and plush, $99 is a pretty good price to put on this.

All comes down to personal preference I suppose...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (496 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8478 posts

Jul 7, 2012
I'd rather not have the plush and save 10$ :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (484 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3470 posts

Jul 17, 2012

So as of now, even though it says North America, Canada is excluded from this.  I was thinking of making a post regarding that but will just post here since its about the Wizards edition.

So if anyone knows of a way that Namcos site will ship to Canada please let me know and other Canadians!  I am devastated that North American wizards edition isn't North America at all and is only the US.  I guess someone at Namco when announcing it forgot that Canada is also in North America.    I am hoping they make it Available to Canada though cause I was needing the limited edition of this game before it was Announced.  This is one of the biggest gaming events of my entire life!  Studio Ghibli doing all the art is a dream come true and if I can't get the limited edition cause I'm in Canada I'll cry for a year.

I am still hoping though that an announcement about Canada and this edition will be announced.  Hoping hoping hoping

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (466 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8478 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

they probably thought that Canada is part of the North Pole and Mexico is part of the Africa

Quoting someone quoting from official ni no kuni page on facebook

...from July 7th

"We appreciate the enthusiasm of our Canadian fans regarding the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Wizard's Edition. We are currently exploring options to make the Wizard's Edition available in Canada and will let you know as soon as we hear anything. We appreciate your patience and on-going support!"

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (459 Views)
0 Likes