Wastelander
663 posts

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Bring MMO's to PS3

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012

I had a response typed out, then realized .......  thread hijack !!!!!   LOL

At any rate, I do hope FFXIV 2.0 is a success, and I hope it paves the way for many more console MMOs in the future

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jul 21, 2012
But wouldnt it make sense to exchange regular PC upgrading with purchasing the necesary devices for a PS3 MMO experience? at least buying a keyboard is a one time inversion
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Jul 25, 2012
Agreed Arkthur.
A wireless keyboard and headset combined for the PS3 are a lot cheaper than even a meager video card upgrade.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (206 Views)
First Son
31 posts

Jul 25, 2012
Try DC Universe Online.

It is pretty much all we got.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Jul 25, 2012
Brozz65 - hell you can do what i did, get a wired usb keyboard for next to nothing.

I play DCUO with my wired keyboard and a cheap bluetooth headset. 20 bucks for the both of em.

Communication methods, the mmo audience being mostly PC, and the unpopular fact that without MMORPGs, PC gaming would die, are what are hindering MMOs on consoles. Not system specs and graphics cards.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Mmopgs are coming! Monster hunter freedom unite, Final fantasy,online, Everquest online and more Psvita is able to play mmopgs . But pc mmopgs like Wow would bw hard. I no for sure Diablo 3 is coming to Ps3 havent heard about it on vita yet.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Aug 10, 2012
babybee2012 - Why would WoW be hard? Graphically, its far less of a system hog than Everquest (1 or 2), FFXIV, or any other modern MMO.

Cannon Fodder - Most PC gamers use some for of voice chat these days, whether it be in game, or a third party program. So communication isnt an issue on any platform anymore.

And no, PC gaming wouldnt die without MMOs.
Too many players prefer the PC to consoles because of its loosened limitations (better graphics, mods, free DLC, etc) So no, PC gaming isnt going anywhere.

Of course, most of the MMO crowd is on PC. But thats a given, at least until more MMOs come to consoles.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Aug 23, 2012
If an MMO like Guild Wars 2 were to be ported to the PS3, it would be such a dumbed down version, everyone that bought it would revolt against it. There's just no way to get a full blown MMO onto a console without adding a mouse and keyboard, there's just way too much that needs to happen, and you can't do that with a controller.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Aug 24, 2012
Ohhhh ok sorry I thought u were talking about something else (MY BAD)
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Thanks for all the info guys, I just wanted to say that I'm a huge fan of Hyung Tae Kim's artwork so Blade and Soul would be my first choice of MMO's to come to ps3, and from the interviews that I watched the head designer explained that other than wanting to be different from other MMO's they designed Blade and Soul to run on very very low specs, if it's true that they will be making it for the IOS they should have no reason not to bring it to the ps3, and to Crovax3000 I wish Guild Wars would have been designed to low specs as well so it could follow closely behind Blade and Soul
I am PS3 Gamer Seok-hwan, Binary Domain Invasion score 442kills/ 0 deaths
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (129 Views)
0 Likes