Jul 22 2012
By: PapaWarlock PlayStation MVP 11258 posts

What's Your Latest RPG?

83 replies 800 views Edited Jul 22, 2012

I'm currently playing Rainbow Moon and enjoying it quite a bit. I'm waiting for Borderlands 2 (RPG/FPS hybrid) and Persona 4 Golden (PSV). As much as I hate winter, I wish it was January as well so that I can pick up Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

So what are your latest RPGs? What upcoming RPGs are you waiting for?

Message 1 of 84 (800 Views)
Wastelander
781 posts

Re: What's Your Latest RPG?

Jul 22, 2012
I recently tried Dark Souls again, but the input (command) lag and FPS issues took the fun out of it. So back on the shelf it goes.
Apparently, no one thought to optimize the game before releasing it.
/shrug

Im looking forward to Final Fantasy XIV this winter. Playing a MMO on my PS3 while sitting in my recliner will be pretty sweet.
"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 84 (797 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11564 posts

Jul 22, 2012

Tales of Graces F and Final Fantasy XIII-2 have been the most recent role-playing entries I've given time to completing. Well, in the case of Tales anyway. Final Fantasy XIII-2 is unbeatable. Literally. I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to go to find the items they were specifying. When it seemed like the only related time gate I had open was too complex for exploration and I only had one time key for opening a random level (and how are you supposed to know how to reach the access points they're asking for without a strategy guide anyway?), the game ended up falling far and away from my reach.

Next up on the RPG timeline I'll be transported to Paper Mario: Sticker Star to close out the year. Then in 2013 Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will be the next big thing after that. Tales of Xillia is another one making its way to 2013. Past that point, I'm not sure what other RPGs there are to be excited about for the moment.

Message 3 of 84 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8491 posts

Jul 22, 2012

What did they do that was different than demon's souls? because I never noticed anything like lag in the first game.

There won't be any custom avatars Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 84 (792 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12116 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

The last role-playing game that I purchased was The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and the next role-playing game that I will probably purchase is Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Who wouldn’t want to add a LEVEL-5 video game to their collection? I might be playing Demon’s Souls and Tales of Vesperia (among other role-playing games) before I pick up Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch though (only time will tell).

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 5 of 84 (785 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

Jul 23, 2012

I have Rainbow Moon aswell, but I'm only poking at it a little here, and a little there. I hope the game picks up, but I think it's just a grinding game, nothing worth talking about in terms of story, characters, or combat.

I also picked up Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $10 off a steam sale last week (still is on sale actually for 5 more hours).

Ni No Kuni is next on my list, such a long time away though Smiley Sad

I may pick up Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time for the PSP, suppose to be out next week I think. I'm not sure on it though. I had thought it was turn-based, but videos I've seen of combat really confuse me. I'll wait and see on it, hope for some english videos that maybe make more sense to me.

Message 6 of 84 (774 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28705 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Of the time I do spend gaming these days, I've been playing Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia most recently. Ni No Kuni is absolutely beautiful! Xillia is good as well, but I've halted my progress on that recently for Ni No Kuni.

Message 7 of 84 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

@ AncientEvil
There werent any FPS issues in Demons Souls (that I ever encountered) but Dark Souls is riddled with them. I dont know if its unoptomized graphics, or just poor coding.
Dark looks better then Demons, so Im sure its a heavier demand on the PS3, but thats no reason to release such an unpolished game.

Back on topic.
I tried the demo for Kingdons of Amalur, but I wasnt impressed at all. Seemed like the b*stard offspring of Fable & God of War.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 84 (763 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11258 posts

Jul 23, 2012

colstripcapn wrote:

I have Rainbow Moon aswell, but I'm only poking at it a little here, and a little there. I hope the game picks up, but I think it's just a grinding game, nothing worth talking about in terms of story, characters, or combat.

That's my feeling on the game as well. It's nice in small chunks but there isn't enough there to draw me in like Mass Effect or Final Fantasy XIII-2 did. (Yeah I know many old school FF fans will find that blasphemous but I game for me Smiley Very Happy  )

Message 9 of 84 (760 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11258 posts

Jul 23, 2012

jasquarefan wrote:

Of the time I do spend gaming these days, I've been playing Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia most recently. Ni No Kuni is absolutely beautiful! Xillia is good as well, but I've halted my progress on that recently for Ni No Kuni.

Not all of us understand Japanese. Smiley Sad Depressing because I'd love to be playing this now.

Message 10 of 84 (759 Views)
0 Likes