Sackboy
450 posts

Re: Who hasn't played Persona?

Oct 17, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

Disgaea isn't made by Atlus. The Characters in the Persona series are known for being characters people get emotonally attach to.

Disgaea was published by Atlus in North America. Check out the details for yourself on IGN. Similarly, Persona 3 is another game published by the company, in addition to being developed by them.

Oh, I see your mistake now. Publishers do NOT make the game but developers do. The publisher just brings it over seas.

Developer-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer

Publisher-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_publisher

I use to get them confused as well. Think about how develop means to make.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 96 (214 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10748 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Rigglie wrote:

Oh, I see your mistake now. Publishers do NOT make the game but developers do. The publisher just brings it over seas.

The thing is I never actually said that Atlus made the game. What I said is that they published the game. With this input, I pointed out that I have played other games published by the company. Not all of these games were developed by Atlus (that is to say I don't think any of them were). Essentially, I just meant that games published under the Atlus label generally weren't that appealing to me at the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 96 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Oct 17, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

The thing is I never actually said that Atlus made the game. What I said is that they published the game. With this input, I pointed out that I have played other games published by the company. Not all of these games were developed by Atlus (that is to say I don't think any of them were). Essentially, I just meant that games published under the Atlus label generally weren't that appealing to me at the time.

Than whats the problem here? You haven't played a game made by atlus so you why ar you saying you don't what to play it because of atlus.The characters and story are the min pros in this game. I am notnkidding when I say that people say it's as good s games like Chrono Trigger and ff7. An exiperencelike this is ONLY $10.00. Trust me and the many people who have already played it. You will not regret buying this game. Odds are you will feel like you ripped off atlus by only paying $10.00.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 96 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Oct 17, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

i havnt, but i really want to get into the series, it looks so fun

ScreamKing09 wrote:

i havnt, but i really want to get into the series, it looks so fun

Need any help getting into the series?

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 96 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10748 posts

Oct 17, 2012

I've heard about other role-playing games receiving praise too, ones that I didn't share the same opinion. From Final Fantasy XII to Grandia, from Suikoden over to Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon there are varied opinions. I don't always favor what has me skeptical at first and I don't always hate games once I play them either. In fact, some RPGs that I didn't know much about right off the bat turned out to be some of my top choices.

But, watching the trailer to Persona 3 didn't convince me. It's not that I've disliked all games from Atlus, but most from the company I didn't have a high opinion of. That combined with my gut instinct about the game, I have this strong suspicion that I might regret the purchase.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 96 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Oct 18, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

I've heard about other role-playing games receiving praise too, ones that I didn't share the same opinion. From Final Fantasy XII to Grandia, from Suikoden over to Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon there are varied opinions. I don't always favor what has me skeptical at first and I don't always hate games once I play them either. In fact, some RPGs that I didn't know much about right off the bat turned out to be some of my top choices.

But, watching the trailer to Persona 3 didn't convince me. It's not that I've disliked all games from Atlus, but most from the company I didn't have a high opinion of. That combined with my gut instinct about the game, I have this strong suspicion that I might regret the purchase.

Yea but people who don't like anime or jrpgs still love this game. Also didn't you say you never played a game from Atlus? Lastly, what exactly about te game don't yu like?

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 96 (187 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10748 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Rigglie wrote:

Yea but people who don't like anime or jrpgs still love this game. Also didn't you say you never played a game from Atlus? Lastly, what exactly about te game don't yu like?

I like both anime and Japanese RPGs. So, that may be a sign that this game wouldn't blow the doors off my mind. I never mentioned anything about not playing Atlus games, as has been pointed out. One such game that I've played from Atlus that was mentioned is Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. It's a strategy-RPG that was published by Atlus. Although critics and fans loved the game I did not.

It's not that I don't like Persona 3. I can't say whether I like it or not yet, considering that I haven't played the game. However, from the looks of the game it doesn't interest me enough to want to own it. I've bought quite a number of RPGs based on other peoples' recommendation. Trusting the opinion of others hasn't always worked out well. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I've always been against buying Persona 3 from the start though. This is not the first time the game's been the subject of much discussion.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 96 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Oct 18, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

I like both anime and Japanese RPGs. So, that may be a sign that this game wouldn't blow the doors off my mind. I never mentioned anything about not playing Atlus games, as has been pointed out. One such game that I've played from Atlus that was mentioned is Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. It's a strategy-RPG that was published by Atlus. Although critics and fans loved the game I did not.

It's not that I don't like Persona 3. I can't say whether I like it or not yet, considering that I haven't played the game. However, from the looks of the game it doesn't interest me enough to want to own it. I've bought quite a number of RPGs based on other peoples' recommendation. Trusting the opinion of others hasn't always worked out well. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I've always been against buying Persona 3 from the start though. This is not the first time the game's been the subject of much discussion.

if

If you like both anime and jrpgs this would be your dream game. I used the fact that people that don't like jrpgs and anime as a testament to say that even people who don't expct to like this game love it. Sorry about that I meant made by atlus. I'm sure you would love the story and charactes. Not trying to sound like a stalker but I saw a post about our top 5 rpgs and the ones you listed mean that the few problems that people have with this game won't be a prblem for you. If there is anything you want to find out more about with this game just tell me and I will find it for you. I am a friend not a foe.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 96 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10748 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Looking at this week's discounts, Odin Sphere is a PlayStation 2 download that's on sale for $5. That kind of had me interested in checking out the game. However, after checking out the reviews online I'm drawn away from the game - even though this cherished Atlus-published game is otherwise said to be bathed in riches.

When looking at Odin Sphere in action, I don't see an art style that appeals to my senses. What I see is fair but dull all the while. It's not the kind of 2D presentation that speaks to me. What does this have to do with Persona 3? Well, looking at the game in action doesn't draw me in either. Having watched the video review from X-Play, they point out that Persona 3 is enjoyable, though it's nothing to shoot yourself over. I have a feeling that I'd agree with their 3 out of 5 stars.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 96 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Oct 18, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Looking at this week's discounts, Odin Sphere is a PlayStation 2 download that's on sale for $5. That kind of had me interested in checking out the game. However, after checking out the reviews online I'm drawn away from the game - even though this cherished Atlus-published game is otherwise said to be bathed in riches.

When looking at Odin Sphere in action, I don't see an art style that appeals to my senses. What I see is fair but dull all the while. It's not the kind of 2D presentation that speaks to me. What does this have to do with Persona 3? Well, looking at the game in action doesn't draw me in either. Having watched the video review from X-Play, they point out that Persona 3 is enjoyable, though it's nothing to shoot yourself over. I have a feeling that I'd agree with their 3 out of 5 stars.

You can't agree you haven't played the game. Really X-play have it a 4 out 5 see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LP_TkQs7vI

This is the fes version which is the one on psn. Again I ask can you tell me what you think you won't like about te game. Is it the socual link feature?

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 96 (162 Views)
0 Likes