Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 03 2011
By: deBALZAC Sackboy 548 posts
Accepted Solution

is there any MMORPG for PS3 and (if not) is there any game of the genre coming soon or not so soon?

18 replies 41838 views Edited Jan 3, 2011

title says it all.

plz if youre going to mention any game dont forget to say whether its a worthy mmorpg or not

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (41,838 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Re: is there any MMORPG for PS3 and (if not) is there any game of the genre coming soon or not so soon?

Jan 3, 2011

DC: Universe Online is an MMORPG that is being released next week on the PS3. Eventually Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the PS3.

--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (41,838 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
548 posts

Re: is there any MMORPG for PS3 and (if not) is there any game of the genre coming soon or not so soon?

Jan 4, 2011

mmm seems interesting. thx for your help dude

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (41,838 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Jan 6, 2011

pasufarin wrote:

DC: Universe Online is an MMORPG that is being released next week on the PS3. Eventually Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the PS3.

You mean FFXIV. Final Fantasy XIII is already out and is not an MMO.

To the Original Poster, DC Universe Online is due out in a week or so I believe. Last I heard FFXIV has been delayed for the PS3 yet again. I've also heard that Free Realms is due out on the PS3 at some point, possibly this year. I believe there is supposed to be another MMO..... The Agency or something like that.

All things considering, none of the announced MMORPGs interest me and I'd prefer to play MMOs on the PC.

White Knight Chronicles has some limited MMO aspects in it's online community but I can't tell you much about that. Sorry.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (41,838 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2443 posts

Jan 10, 2011

The Agency

DCUO

Final Fantasy XVI

Freerealms (more pay to play like wizard 101 etc)

that's all that's announced for now. DCUO is the best bet. it's a killer MMO like None I've played before.

I was a BIG Ultima Online fan back in the day and also a Big Diablo fan

I feel if you liked them you're going to love DCUO! as I do!

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (41,838 Views)
Sackboy
548 posts

Jan 11, 2011

DCUO seems interesting.

I was also a huge Diablo II fan and in a lower degree an UO fan too

I wish games like those were released to ps3. im sure it would be great and a simple universal wireless usb keyboard would solve any communication issues ppl claim to ruin any possible console MMORPG

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (41,838 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Jan 12, 2011

SSlarg wrote:

The Agency

DCUO

Final Fantasy XVI

Freerealms (more pay to play like wizard 101 etc)

that's all that's announced for now. DCUO is the best bet. it's a killer MMO like None I've played before.

I was a BIG Ultima Online fan back in the day and also a Big Diablo fan

I feel if you liked them you're going to love DCUO! as I do!

Photobucket
Games I am Currently Playing: BattlefieldBadCompany2, *Preordered* Two Worlds 2, NOW PLAYING DC universe Online! 1-11-11!!!! add me!

I was actually a Big UO fan from way back when, eventually moved to EQ, EQ2 but I have to disagree about DCUO.

I kind of like the "grinding" aspect of both UO and EQ and DCUO has none of that. While DCUO is a fine game (I only played PS+ Beta) it is not really my personal cup of tea.

If you like action it is probably fine but I want MMO interaction and "grinding".

That's just my 2cp, oh and PS3 = EQ3... pure marketing genius!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (41,838 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Jan 13, 2011

WKC isn't a wide scaled MMO. Imagine it like this.

- You go to a save point, and are given to option to go online.

- Once online, you are brought to an ingame thing called "Geonet", that is sort of laid out like a website profile, with tabs, including your georama space, forums (yes, in game forums), logs, friends, and so on.

- Your georama, is pretty much equivalent to your server. You can go there, and advertise it on the forums, trying to get people to visit, or, you can visit other people's.

- If you go to someone else's, you will logged into a space, or town, depending how the owner of the town designed it, and up to 12 people can join that room you are in. It is actually a townsized room, not city, just a small town, and where you log in, there is a gate with a guard.

- You talk to the guard, and you can set up a quest at a location you have been to before, or join a quest.

- Once you have joined or set one up, you will be sent automatically to the area the quest takes place, where you can wait for more questers to join, or the host of the room there, can start it up pre-maturely. If you start it, the quest takes place in that one area, and one area only. Example below:

Example:

- I log into geonet.

- I go to my friends list, and choose to go to their homepage.

- I make a room in their town/server thing.

- I wait for 5 minutes, and a friend of mine joins me.

- I walk up to the guard, talk to him, and host a room. (At this point, I can choose the Balandor Plains, The Greydall Plains, and a nearby cave)

- I choose the Greydall Plains, right in the middle of those two other areas, since I can go there.

- I log into the quest, and 15 seconds later, my friend joins. We wait for a bit, and two more people join.

- I start the quest.

After the quest as started, there will be boarders on the map, to where you can and cannot go. If you start in Greydall, like I do here, you cannot leave greydall. If I start in the cave, I cannot leave the cave, unless I abort the quest and host a new quest elsewhere, or complete the quest.

Think of it more as a "Pick your point and go quest there" sort of game.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (41,838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: is there any MMORPG for PS3 and (if not) is there any game of the genre coming soon or not so so

Nov 13, 2012
FFXIV is to be released, DCUO is garbage(same os as "city of heros/villians with less to do). Im looking for a GOOD mmorpg to play tok but cant find any T_T
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (38,189 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

Re: is there any MMORPG for PS3 and (if not) is there any game of the genre coming soon or not so so

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

You cant find a good MMO for the PS3 because there arent any. But, WKC2 might scratch your MMO itch for you.

A simpler way to describe White Knight Chronicles II is ....

Offline plays like a classic party based Final Fantasy game, with modern 3D MMO type graphics and an active turn based battle system, deep character creation / customization & skill trees.

Online is all instanced, with lobbies, very similar Guild Wars. Though in my opinion, much better than GW.

Theres also guilds, voice chat, item trading, etc., etc.
Theres no PvP, so if thats your thing, youll have to look elsewhere

It should also be said that WKC2 is a great value (IMO) that will give you hundreds of hours of gameplay, both online and off.

Myself and a few others from these forums are playing it, and probably will be until FFXIV releases.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (38,151 Views)
0 Likes