open mics FTW!!!

Message 101 of 203 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
903 posts

Re: 1.05 Update

Aug 21, 2011

zpr_Roper wrote:

This patch is still a work in progress, so not everything that will hopefully make it in when it's done is included here (and I'm not going to call out each of the minute bug fixes), but we wanted to give everyone some idea of the bigger things to expect from 1.05:

• Party leader may now optionally allow other party members to invite other players into the party

Chris,

Thanks for the update on the patch.  I just have one question.  Why not just allow everyone in the party to have the ability to invite friends, why does the party leader have to have all the control.  He will still have ability to kick players from the party that he doesn't want in I assume.  Just a thought!

Message 102 of 203 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

Aug 21, 2011

Zipper has lost my business.  I am done with this game and I am done with Zipper.  I will tell all my friends about the poor quality and support Zipper has given for its products.  On top of all these fixes, which i say are to little to late, you jerks have the audacity to release this patch in the middle of a 20k tournament.  I will never buy or support another zipper product ever again.  I will be reposting this message for Sony to read as well in their general forums.

Photobucket

Message 103 of 203 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Aug 21, 2011

This thread has more views than players playing this game, lol. Priceless

Socom is Dead....
Message 104 of 203 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Aug 21, 2011

You chris, good work. It's about time we, as your community, get to know what to expect. (It's little things like these that we appretiate(well...aslteast most of us xD)).

With bigger games coming out in the next few months, Zipper has to do everything and anything to keep the fans you've got playing this game. Telling us what to expect means that we know we aren't wasting our breaths, alot of the points the patches cover are alot of points people have been complaining abouton these forums.

DLC, it would be nice to have something new in co-op

Glitches I've noticed recently:

• I was playing a private match with my clan the other night and i have a surpressed PKP? xD
  • After playing a private match with my clan, where we used shotguns and snipers only, when we went into a co-op game, we could only use shotties and snipes. I had to remake another private match and then turn all gun restrictions back to normal before we could use all the guns in co-op.

(Just a couple of things to look into )

Ignore the emos that aren't happy with your update/Zippers work.

(Even saying you can't talk about stuff lets people know, and its better getting told no, than getting the cold shoulder)

Please keep this information coming to us on a regular basis, please don't ignore us again for another 3 months with nothing but silence. (Get the other mods leaving stikied posts too, nice and easy to find/see/read)

Thanks again dude.

-----------------------------------------------
Jokes, Clan Leader of Elite Rebellion
"We are waiting to stand beside you."
"Rise to the challenge and join us."
Elite Rebellion's Website
Elite Rebellion's Recruitment Trailer - YouTube
Interested in learning military tactics and strategies on Socom 4?
-----------------------------------------------
Message 105 of 203 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Aug 21, 2011

I didn't see anything about Socom 2 HD in there...Somebody put me back in my Hibernation Pod and hit the snooze button. Wake me up when the gaming industry is tired of failing.

I blame Sony
Message 106 of 203 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2531 posts

Aug 21, 2011

zpr_Roper wrote:

This patch is still a work in progress, so not everything that will hopefully make it in when it's done is included here (and I'm not going to call out each of the minute bug fixes), but we wanted to give everyone some idea of the bigger things to expect from 1.05:

• Party leader may now optionally allow other party members to invite other players into the party
  • Classic mode mic system changed to be open
  • Knife swipe exploit fixed (the knife no longer silences footsteps)
  • SMG accuracy reduced over distance - tuned for up-close battles rather than long-distance kills
  • Fixed Classic Bomb Squad double round win bug
  • Fixed grenade launcher bug where firing over cover or at long distances could kill you
  • Firing mechanic changes introduced in 1.04 have been rolled back (tapping to fire is now more accurate again)
  • Several level collision issues fixed
  • Games queues will be able to be adjusted much more easily and quickly (i.e. we'll be refreshing the queues right after launch)

There have also been lots of bug fixes to the party system, clan system, UI in general and between-round transitions (i.e. less crashes).

Also, a big item that's currently under investigation is the number of headshots in the game. We all know that there are too many, so the team is looking at how we might be able to counter that for the patch. It's not an issue with the size of the hitbox (that's been checked over and over), so it's not a simple fix, and any changes to the damage system in general could have adverse effects on other parts of the game if not handled carefully. So, as mentioned, that's a big TBD on if and how it would be changed, but it's certainly being looked at and will be dealt with if possible.

The ETA on the patch is currently mid- to late-September.

That's about all the info that we have for the moment. We'll do our best to answer any questions that we can, though what you see just about covers what we know over here.

--------------------
Chris Roper
Zipper Interactive
--------------------

Those look like good game fixes and i commend you on a job well done..

But Mid to late Sept really?? with 2.5 weeks ( from the release of BF3 ) and a open beta of BF3 ( already out by that time ) a 5th patch to fix a previous patch.. That the game should have been shipped with the feature's  and should've been running perfect out of the box and still people have to wait really ?? Is that what you people are asking for to be a little more patient with the progression of this game..

Yeah ok good luck with that.. 

Free userbars
Message 107 of 203 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
817 posts

Aug 22, 2011

OPEN MIC ?!? Who the hell asked for that?

NO NO NO NO NO - I dont care if the TTT doesnt work perfectly, its still better than open mic.

I've really not complained so far about S4 like so many others. I support & accept the game will change, but its just rubbing salt into wounds now.

You know people want you to be making changes that are going to make the game more like the older versions right?

So why would you now do something that is OPPOSITE to that?

A lot of people refuse to wear headsets in open mic games because they are shy or dont want to have people complain about kids crying in the background etc etc. Push to Talk is a great way to allow those people to still join in. They can hear whats going on & respond if they feel comfortable. Its always worked well in Socom before & one of the "socom" features that set the game aside as special.

You should be DISABLING open mic for dead people in Classic because that is simply retarded. What do people do in Classic when they are dead & have 4 mins to wait? - they eat a sandwich, or make a coffee, or go for a piss - Exactly the time when open mic should be OFF.

Message 108 of 203 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Aug 22, 2011

Please do. Get back in. Hopefully noone ever hits the button to wake ur ass up.

Message 109 of 203 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Aug 22, 2011

SoCoMiZDeAd wrote:

zpr_Roper wrote:

Also, a big item that's currently under investigation is the number of headshots in the game. We all know that there are too many, so the team is looking at how we might be able to counter that for the patch. It's not an issue with the size of the hitbox (that's been checked over and over), so it's not a simple fix, and any changes to the damage system in general could have adverse effects on other parts of the game if not handled carefully. So, as mentioned, that's a big TBD on if and how it would be changed, but it's certainly being looked at and will be dealt with if possible.

--------------------
Chris Roper
Zipper Interactive
--------------------

O.k, we all know its possible to fix. Question is does Zipper really care to fix it? Now that the secret is out and everyone knows that the problem is RANDOM BULLET SPRAY all you need to do is tighten up the spray and add more recoil, I remember in a Zipline (Forgot which one, I'll dig it up if I have to) Seth Luisi saying they can tighten up the spray but they don't want it to be laser accurate but very easy to do. Also you guys already added weapon knock ( AKA RECOIL) to one of your patches, So clearly this can be fixed. I don't know why you guys try to insult your fanbase with these stupid reply's you give us, we are not idiots and everyone knows Zipper will always take the easy way out, so Stop trying to pretend you care because its clearly obvious Zipper don't give a **** about their fanbase.

Here is a prediction: Nothing will be done about RANDOM BULLET SPRAY. Weapon accuracy and recoil is to HARDCORE.

Socom is Dead.

And it is a solid prediction.  Everything is possible with this game.  THey have already said it...if it takes too much work...it ain't happening.

In order to give us solid shooting mechanics, it would involve going back to the drawing board with each weapon.  They don't want to do this.

PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Message 110 of 203 (26 Views)
0 Likes