Ghost of Sparta
17397 posts

Re: CS:GO!!

Aug 24, 2012

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

Stackcluster wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

it just doesnt look like they spent any time on the game to me.  it looks and plays like a thrown together psn title, something they threw together in a month to grab some quick cash.  just no attention to detail in any way shape or form.  its really amazing to me how socom 1 did so many things better.   and the hit detection is bad.  from point blank range you cannot miss and it still takes an insane amount of rounds to drop people, the only way to drop them faster is with a head shot.

Try bursting instead of holding the trigger, the recoil is pretty large as soon as you hold the trigger....

thats the only way i ever shoot.  since socom 2 and the m14 i never fire more than 3 rounds at a time unless i am less than 3 feet away from them, then i hold down the trigger.  the last time i played this game i was about 50 yards from this guy, i dropped down into crouch fired 3 rounds, let the gun settle fired 3 rounds, let the gun settle, fired 3 rounds, let the gun settle, fired 3 rounds, and then walked away because it was pointless.  my cross hairs were red, he was shooting me, nothing was happening.  same thing happened when i spawned, the guy behind me decided he was going to team kill me, he dropped a flash bang when the round started, by the time i could see he was standing on top of me unloading his gun into me, so i unloaded my gun into him then he unloaded his gun into me then i unloaded my gun into him, then i figured friendly fire must be off or something so i just ran off, as i was running away he threw a grenade at me, it landed directly at my feet, nothing happened, so i turned around and fired at the guy one more time and team killed him.

i have played a lot of shooters and i have seen good and bad hit detection, this game has bad hit detection.

So, from your experience, when you state that the hit detection is off, does it happend all the time or mostly when you are being shot at ?

for instance in the 8/23 patch, flintching been implemented while also tagging been increased :

- Implemented first person client flinching. Now a player gets aim punched a bit when shot. The amount is based on the damage.
- Increased amount of tagging that results from hits.

Here's some good thread about flinching implementation which is not well received right now :

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900711

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900836

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 261 of 406 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16957 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Stackcluster wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

Stackcluster wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

it just doesnt look like they spent any time on the game to me.  it looks and plays like a thrown together psn title, something they threw together in a month to grab some quick cash.  just no attention to detail in any way shape or form.  its really amazing to me how socom 1 did so many things better.   and the hit detection is bad.  from point blank range you cannot miss and it still takes an insane amount of rounds to drop people, the only way to drop them faster is with a head shot.

Try bursting instead of holding the trigger, the recoil is pretty large as soon as you hold the trigger....

thats the only way i ever shoot.  since socom 2 and the m14 i never fire more than 3 rounds at a time unless i am less than 3 feet away from them, then i hold down the trigger.  the last time i played this game i was about 50 yards from this guy, i dropped down into crouch fired 3 rounds, let the gun settle fired 3 rounds, let the gun settle, fired 3 rounds, let the gun settle, fired 3 rounds, and then walked away because it was pointless.  my cross hairs were red, he was shooting me, nothing was happening.  same thing happened when i spawned, the guy behind me decided he was going to team kill me, he dropped a flash bang when the round started, by the time i could see he was standing on top of me unloading his gun into me, so i unloaded my gun into him then he unloaded his gun into me then i unloaded my gun into him, then i figured friendly fire must be off or something so i just ran off, as i was running away he threw a grenade at me, it landed directly at my feet, nothing happened, so i turned around and fired at the guy one more time and team killed him.

i have played a lot of shooters and i have seen good and bad hit detection, this game has bad hit detection.

So, from your experience, when you state that the hit detection is off, does it happend all the time or mostly when you are being shot at ?

for instance in the 8/23 patch, flintching been implemented while also tagging been increased :

- Implemented first person client flinching. Now a player gets aim punched a bit when shot. The amount is based on the damage.
- Increased amount of tagging that results from hits.

Here's some good thread about flinching implementation which is not well received right now :

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900711

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900836

it didnt seem to matter if i was being shot at or not, i know i laced a few people that were facing the other way and they had time to run, spin around and return fire. and i have done the same to other people, there were a bunch of times where i should have been dead but i took next to no damage and i just ran off.  i havent played the game since the patch though, but it seems like they might have made it even worse.

the simple fact that i did as well as i did the very first game i played tells me this isnt just a problem with my aim.   i think i had 22 kills before i quit out of bordom.   thats the other thing, i was bored of the game before my first game ended.  it was just the same thing over and over and over and over.

this is just my views on the game, if you or other people like it thats fine.  im not going to head over to the valve forums and start demanding they change all kinds of things.  this just isnt my type of game, it is similar to socom in some ways but not enough for me, even though socom was built with cs in mind, cs just seems like a genaric low budget socom rip off.  the fact that when you run it feels like you are flying instead of running is an example of how they cut corners.    i honestly had more fun playing grfs online the 5 or 6 times i played it.

Photobucket
Message 262 of 406 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Aug 24, 2012
Slick it's just your bad aim, it's a learning curve. Trust me. I'm really not trying to put you down, but i can hit people with absolutely no problem now. Ex, it's not unfair to anyone both sides have scoped ARs. Being scoped in has pros and cons.
Message 263 of 406 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Aug 24, 2012
Slick lol you are a clueless troll. I had 33 kills my first game of con before quitting out of boredom... I can see why the fanboy inside is scarred, i mean the popular consensus that i've heard is that cs is WAY better than constipation. Other than the few fanboys on here, who's left?
Message 264 of 406 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16957 posts

Aug 24, 2012

xSTG-x-ASSassIN wrote:
Slick lol you are a clueless troll. I had 33 kills my first game of con before quitting out of boredom... I can see why the fanboy inside is scarred, i mean the popular consensus that i've heard is that cs is WAY better than constipation. Other than the few fanboys on here, who's left?

bm2.gif

Photobucket
Message 265 of 406 (258 Views)
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Aug 24, 2012

xSTG-x-ASSassIN wrote:
Slick it's just your bad aim, it's a learning curve. Trust me. I'm really not trying to put you down, but i can hit people with absolutely no problem now. Ex, it's not unfair to anyone both sides have scoped ARs. Being scoped in has pros and cons.

So what are they?

Message 266 of 406 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
732 posts

Aug 24, 2012

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

Stackcluster wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

xSTG-x-ASSassIN wrote:
Lmao, You are the same person that said i played s4 with you and did horrible before rage quitting and sending hate messages to your clan... This of course coming befoer i explained i had only played six games of s4, none of which was with you. If you are going to be an idiot, at least be an original idiot. K DEATHxTROLL187

Who are you? I said Striker sent me messages not you in s4 and he did. Last not he got smashed and quit.

befoer?

He made a mistake a responded to a post directed at one of his trolling namesSmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Cops - got trolled

LOL really what a tool!  Striker rage quits and crys about lagging. Then he goes under a diffrent name and say how good the game is?

Why do you guys talk to him?

Message 267 of 406 (309 Views)
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Aug 24, 2012

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

Stackcluster wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

xSTG-x-ASSassIN wrote:
Lmao, You are the same person that said i played s4 with you and did horrible before rage quitting and sending hate messages to your clan... This of course coming befoer i explained i had only played six games of s4, none of which was with you. If you are going to be an idiot, at least be an original idiot. K DEATHxTROLL187

Who are you? I said Striker sent me messages not you in s4 and he did. Last not he got smashed and quit.

befoer?

He made a mistake a responded to a post directed at one of his trolling namesSmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Cops - got trolled

LOL really what a tool!  Striker rage quits and crys about lagging. Then he goes under a diffrent name and say how good the game is?

I don't.

Message 268 of 406 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16957 posts

Aug 24, 2012

FROST_420 wrote:

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

Stackcluster wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

xSTG-x-ASSassIN wrote:

befoer?

Cops - got trolled

I don't.

i do this

bm2.gif

because thats what i picture he looks like when he talks.

Photobucket
Message 269 of 406 (303 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17397 posts

Aug 24, 2012

ahahahahahahahhahha

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 270 of 406 (300 Views)
0 Likes