Dec 19 2012
By: Tempest_Fire PlayStation Community Manager 4738 posts

Five Minute Round Issue

32 replies 847 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

Hey folks,

I wanted to drop in and give you an update to the Five Minute Round Issue. Thanks to those of you that gave feedback about the issue, and thanks to those who reached out to officials here on the forums.

I spoke with the folks who manage these servers.  They are now aware of this issue and looking into it.  While they are doing this I wanted to confirm the game type that this is happening on.  Some of the posts mentioned Bomb Squad and I want to confirm that this is the only match type impacted.  Any other specific details about this that you have experienced (and not posted yet in another thread) are welcome also.

Additionally, the team wanted me to send their sincere appologies. I'll drop back by after they've completed their investigation and deliver any additional information they might give me.

Thanks again for reporting this issue.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 1 of 33 (847 Views)
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Re: Five Minute Round Issue

Dec 20, 2012

If there is a team have them give us 4v4s that we were promised in the beta. Add the dlc maps into the regular rooms. Put the game on ps plus if you are gonna pay to keep it up might as well have people play it.

Message 2 of 33 (818 Views)
Fender Bender
3550 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

The standard bombsquad room is suppose to be at 10 min and it's at 5 min. The classic bombsquad is suppose to be at 5 min and it's at 7 min. Also the regular released maps collision and outpost never show up in the classic bombsquad room.

Also as the other poster said, it would be nice if you added all the maps to the classic bombsquad room because the pro dlc and demo dlc bombsquad maps can't be enjoyed with how the rooms are setup now.

Message 3 of 33 (801 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 20, 2012
All game modes in the standard medley are now 5 minutes long......this is horrible. If the game stays like this I'm done playing socom. I've been playing since the very first game, but this is just too ridiculous to overlook.
Message 4 of 33 (785 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 20, 2012
U guys r a joke. SOCOM deserves better than u or ur lame **bleep** team. I work for a family business and if i acted the way u guys do my family wouldnt eat. They would just hear me promise food but starve slowly.... change round time back and make another SOCOM. U guys could make so much money if u marketed this franchise right. LONG LIVE SOCOM and all hail the 10 min rounds.
Message 5 of 33 (769 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Thank u for changing back so fast!
Message 6 of 33 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Dec 20, 2012

they actualy listened

Message 7 of 33 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9075 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Yeah, I am very shocked the community got this fixed. I thought the game was dead and no longer being updated or cared about.  Makes me scratch my head and wonder if there is some DLC in the works, more ol school maps would be great.  

I would love to see. 

1. Sujo

2. Fish Hook

3. The Ruins

4. Death Trap

http://www.socomfan.com/

photo 13-1-2-3.png
http://socomfans.forumotion.net/
Message 8 of 33 (716 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 20, 2012
All I (jonsterrrrrr8) and most of the rest of socom players want is just to have the ten minute rounds back. I have no outlandish request or concerns; just want the time intervals back to normal. Thank you for listening!

[H2S]jonsterrrrrr8
Message 9 of 33 (705 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Dec 20, 2012

The team is one network consultant that they pay when a sistuation arises.

Message 10 of 33 (697 Views)