Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Aug 23 2011
By: NocturnalFox- Sackboy 449 posts
Offline

I know why I dislike this game...

6 replies 53 views Edited Aug 23, 2011

Two main reasons.
1) The amount of players it takes to start a match, am in standard uplink, 12 out of 20 needed- 12 is enough to start the match...
Wont be long till they all start dropping out in boredom of waiting.
2) Mics, this I believe is the reason they got rid of lobbies, look at confrontation, if you tried to play a 32 with no mic there you were quite often booted unless it was a clan room- just played bomb whatever and most of my team wasn't mic'd there was only two of us talking- and obviously we lost the match.

Best ways to fix both of these problems

1) lower the cap to 10 in ALL match player requirements
2) Give people who do have a mic plugged in bonus points- the game can clearly understand when somebody speaks so give them extra points on everything for having a mic- communication needs to be a major factor in this games overhaul.

Message 2 of 7 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/22/2008
Offline
981 posts
 

Re: I know why I dislike this game...

Aug 23, 2011

Yep,

3) Bullet Spray for most people

4) Being able to pre-aim in cover

I agree on both, especially #2....People without Mics get kicked a lot with lobbies, so now it's people who go 0 - 10 get kicked a lot. Usually it's the same people from what I've seen.

If Zipper would start games at 2 people, then the games would build up quickly. It's more fun to play than to sit for an hour at a waiting screen.

Message 1 of 7 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/04/2011
Offline
449 posts
 

Re: I know why I dislike this game...

Aug 23, 2011

What annoys me is they could fix both quite easily.

For the player count you just lower it to 10 in ALL playlists and let them fill up.

As for the mics, people using mics should earn bonus points on top of everything (Except dances) to encourage communication and teamwork.

Message 3 of 7 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/10/2005
Offline
7092 posts
 

Re: I know why I dislike this game...

Aug 23, 2011

NocturnalFox- wrote:

Two main reasons.
1) The amount of players it takes to start a match, am in standard uplink, 12 out of 20 needed- 12 is enough to start the match...
Wont be long till they all start dropping out in boredom of waiting.
2) Mics, this I believe is the reason they got rid of lobbies, look at confrontation, if you tried to play a 32 with no mic there you were quite often booted unless it was a clan room- just played bomb whatever and most of my team wasn't mic'd there was only two of us talking- and obviously we lost the match.

Best ways to fix both of these problems

1) lower the cap to 10 in ALL match player requirements
2) Give people who do have a mic plugged in bonus points- the game can clearly understand when somebody speaks so give them extra points on everything for having a mic- communication needs to be a major factor in this games overhaul.

Did you seroiusly just suggest giving POINTS for mics being plugged in!!!  LMAO, absolutely genius!! 

Message 4 of 7 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/04/2011
Offline
449 posts
 

Re: I know why I dislike this game...

Aug 23, 2011

Well its the only way I can think of getting people to mic up or get their cheap arses out there and buy mics.
The alternative is to kick people and the kicking system on this game is full of fail unless theres a clan or party there.

So instead of beating the donkey with a stick, offer it a carrot.

Message 5 of 7 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/12/2008
Offline
3477 posts
 

Re: I know why I dislike this game...

Aug 23, 2011

MiamiBlue wrote:

NocturnalFox- wrote:

Two main reasons.
1) The amount of players it takes to start a match, am in standard uplink, 12 out of 20 needed- 12 is enough to start the match...
Wont be long till they all start dropping out in boredom of waiting.
2) Mics, this I believe is the reason they got rid of lobbies, look at confrontation, if you tried to play a 32 with no mic there you were quite often booted unless it was a clan room- just played bomb whatever and most of my team wasn't mic'd there was only two of us talking- and obviously we lost the match.

Best ways to fix both of these problems

1) lower the cap to 10 in ALL match player requirements
2) Give people who do have a mic plugged in bonus points- the game can clearly understand when somebody speaks so give them extra points on everything for having a mic- communication needs to be a major factor in this games overhaul.

Did you seroiusly just suggest giving POINTS for mics being plugged in!!!  LMAO, absolutely genius!! 

The better solution would be to have the mic button somewhere easy to use.  If only there were a series of games they could look back on to find a solution. 

Message 6 of 7 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/12/2008
Offline
3477 posts
 

Re: I know why I dislike this game...

Aug 23, 2011

NocturnalFox- wrote:

Well its the only way I can think of getting people to mic up or get their cheap arses out there and buy mics.
The alternative is to kick people and the kicking system on this game is full of fail unless theres a clan or party there.

So instead of beating the donkey with a stick, offer it a carrot.

You have to ask yourself, do you really want donkeys on the mic?  We're in serious trouble if it takes extra points to get them to want to communicate and win.  They'd likely plug them in and leave them on the charger anyway.  Again, if only there were other games on the market that Zipper could have studied to see the types of negative and selfish behavior unlockable game changing weapons and mods create...  I bet theres a few out there somewhere.

Message 7 of 7 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes