Jun 20 2011
By: Dirty_Walter Treasure Hunter 9232 posts
Accepted Solution

In regards to a socom 2 remake...

301 replies 55 views Edited Jun 20, 2011

A real socom fan would have played so much socom 2 back in the day that they would have gotten their fill... I played it from the closed beta straight to the release of S3 every night. For me, its totally played out.

Its like your favorite song.... How many times can you actually listen to it before it loses its flavor and meaning? 100? 500? 10,000 times? I played the hell out of socom 2 and loved it back in the day, but have no interest in a remake AT ALL. Wish some of you could admit that you are just blinded by the nostalgia of it all and if it really did get remade, understand that you really dont even want it as much as you think you do.

If it actually did get remade in HD, and by some miracle came out exactly how you wanted it, I could almost guarantee that you would only play it for like a week before you said "Oh damn, this really isnt half as good as I remembered it to be".

Its only the memories from back then, from that period of time that you are really longing for. Its not the actual software that you really want, but a remake wont take you back to 2003...

I almost wish that this "S2HD" game would go into development and get released just to see everyone here feel like a fool with a stumped look on their faces after the first hour or so of playing it... But then again, Im sure there would be a billion excuses about every and any extremely minor difference in the to versions which there inevitably would be, to cover up the truth of it all...

Later haters!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 302 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4198 posts

Re: In regards to a socom 2 remake...

Jun 20, 2011

"no SOCOM 2 is dead" -DW nuff said

i dont need to read your wall of troll

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 302 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3730 posts

Jun 20, 2011

Dirty_Walter wrote:

A real socom fan would have played so much socom 2 back in the day that they would have gotten their fill... I played it from the closed beta straight to the release of S3 every night. For me, its totally played out.

Its like your favorite song.... How many times can you actually listen to it before it loses its flavor and meaning? 100? 500? 10,000 times? I played the hell out of socom 2 and loved it back in the day, but have no interest in a remake AT ALL. Wish some of you could admit that you are just blinded by the nostalgia of it all and if it really did get remade, understand that you really dont even want it as much as you think you do.

If it actually did get remade in HD, and by some miracle came out exactly how you wanted it, I could almost guarantee that you would only play it for like a week before you said "Oh damn, this really isnt half as good as I remembered it to be".

Its only the memories from back then, from that period of time that you are really longing for. Its not the actual software that you really want, but a remake wont take you back to 2003...

I almost wish that this "S2HD" game would go into development and get released just to see everyone here feel like a fool with a stumped look on their faces after the first hour or so of playing it... But then again, Im sure there would be a billion excuses about every and any extremely minor difference in the to versions which there inevitably would be, to cover up the truth of it all...

Later haters!

disagree 100% i could still play it for another 1000 hours.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 302 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Jun 20, 2011
YOUR WRONG KID! Listen if we liked it back then we like it know, we havent played that game in 2-6 years. Specially if it is in HD, + fixed hit detection are you kidding me. Maybe you might not enjoy it, but im sure the 5.5+ million people who baugt s1,s2 would have alot of **bleep**ING FUN

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 302 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
482 posts

Jun 20, 2011

Who asked for your opinion ?. You got your game. Let us have ours. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 302 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3730 posts

Jun 20, 2011

Hey-Kool-Aid wrote:

Who asked for your opinion ?. You got your game. Let us have ours. 

agree 100%, you got your new direction socom have fun playing it no reason why we shouldnt get ours.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 302 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
443 posts

Jun 20, 2011

Dirty_Walter wrote:

Later haters!

you are a idiot.

socom 3 the beginning of the end

socom 4 stats: is not a socom 4 player (and proud of it)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 302 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9232 posts

Jun 20, 2011

Xx_ICE-PICK_xX wrote:

"no SOCOM 2 is dead" -DW nuff said

i dont need to read your wall of troll

Dont recall every saying that... But what ever. If its a "quote" it must be official! LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 302 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3730 posts

Jun 20, 2011

EW DW is a respawn player now lmao. no wonder why he loves S4 so much hes a "standard"player, cant hack it in classic anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 302 (55 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1228 posts

Jun 20, 2011
Dirty_Walter, you are the biggest moron to post on these forums since street. I could play an updated Socom1, 2, or 3 every night for 5 years. I can't go through 5 minutes of socum4 without passing out due to boredom.
------------------------------
S_L_I_C_K - "i would take the current /6 over socom 1 and 2s zipper every day of the week.  /6 is better than zipper ever pretended to be. "
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 302 (55 Views)
0 Likes