I Only Post Everything
1046 posts

Re: Should socom 4 have a melee button?

Mar 10, 2010

Col_Cathcart wrote:

xRuCkUs- wrote:

Col_Cathcart wrote:

xRuCkUs- wrote:
What is wrong with the Confrontation knifing system? People have claimed over the tenure of this game that the knife system is flawed and that it doesn't work for them sometimes. I for one have never had any major consistent problems with the knife in Confrontation. It was balanced and not overpowering at all. I've logged over 2500 games and I only have about 30 knife kills on each side. This is one feature they should carry over from Confrontation... in my opinion.

Except that they should make it work in the water (if there is water).  I really hope they don't have too much water.

That would have been a great feature on Quarantine and Fallen. Knifing a water camper? Sounds good to me!

They could also knife you back, so it wouldn't be too easy.

Unless their submerged. Then you could just stab them in the head and watch them sink.

Or maybe we could just delve into a whole new style of SOCOM combat.. underwater knife fights!

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

Mar 10, 2010

Life-or-Death wrote:
It should not be an instant kill or something that hurts you in anyway IMO but it should imobilze you just enough that the guy who does it to you has a chance at shooting first. I NEVER want to see a insta-knife slash in SOCOM 4 as it is the most unrealistic thing in video games. Anybody that has ever held a weapon in there life would know this.

If I was to sneak up on you from behind I could kill you instantly or painfully in atleast 10 different ways so how is that unrealistic?
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Mar 10, 2010

If you come up from the front, a rifle butt that will just stun them so you can have the edge in the gun fight. If you come up from the back, you should slit their throat or something of that sort that will kill them right away.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Mar 10, 2010
Melleee..... Yes please
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14072 posts

Mar 10, 2010

If it SOCOM 4 plays at a pace like past games.. You won't even want a knife. Any way, Confrontation knife system was fine. I never really used it. I have like 15 knife kills? lol 

Edit: I don't care if it's in the game.  

Message Edited by THETRANE on 03-10-2010 12:40 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Mar 10, 2010

J_Porter- wrote:

If you come up from the front, a rifle butt that will just stun them so you can have the edge in the gun fight. If you come up from the back, you should slit their throat or something of that sort that will kill them right away.

This is the correct answer. Actually, Uncharted 2 melee wasn't too bad either. The key is, no one hit kills from the front. (unless he is already wounded) From the back, it shouldn't be a super quick 'slash and done' kill either. I'd rather see a 'grab and slice throat'... gives you a chance to say something nice to your victim before he dies.

The dead know but one thing, it is better to be alive.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Mar 10, 2010
keep the knife but make it more effective not a three hit kill. some people like to go stealth and find them selves without a silencer on their weapon. then what.... blow your cover
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1300 posts

Mar 10, 2010

RedceII wrote:

I didn't hate Confrontation's knife. I wouldn't mind if they did something like in the old Campaigns, where when you're close to someone, you smack 'em with your weapon from the front (maybe just stun 'em for half a second instead) or cut their throats from behind.

That isn't nice. You should be friends with your enemies and then when they are not looking, put a nice grenade in their pocket and RUN!

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
27123 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Xx_assasinator wrote:

Life-or-Death wrote:
It should not be an instant kill or something that hurts you in anyway IMO but it should imobilze you just enough that the guy who does it to you has a chance at shooting first. I NEVER want to see a insta-knife slash in SOCOM 4 as it is the most unrealistic thing in video games. Anybody that has ever held a weapon in there life would know this.

If I was to sneak up on you from behind I could kill you instantly or painfully in atleast 10 different ways so how is that unrealistic?

I figured anyone who read my post would understand that the insta-knife I was referring to was unrealistic. So in other words, swiping your knife instantainiously while holding your rifle at the ready is is what I dsilike. If it took a second or so to pull it out and lash somebody from behind, I could deal with that but face to face battles and insta-knife are what bother me.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes