PowerExtreme wrote:

Disciple74 wrote:

PowerExtreme wrote:

Disciple74 wrote:

PowerExtreme wrote:

Disciple74 wrote:

PowerExtreme wrote:

Dave_Barz wrote:

Sony Sued for PSN Security Breach Class action lawsuit filed this morning against SCEA.

http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/document/article/116/1164392/JohnsvSony-Complaint-FINAL.pdf

causing the compromise of the privacy of private information of
approximately seventy-seven (77) Million consumer credit card account holders

what kind of half assed document is this?

at least 5 of those 77 million users are me,do you know how many persons use multiple accounts and the number is further brought down by how many use credit cards

this lawsuit is bull**bleep** imo.

So what your saying is because I have 4 accounts I can't have a credit card on each of them? Wrong a lot of people did.

so you are saying there are 77 million credit cards that have been compromised

even though they did not get the security codes needed to use the cards online and the fact that you don't have the physical card to use in a store via swipe or chip.

Have you looked around the internet and seen how many people's CC has been **bleep**ed with in one way or another? Why in the hell would you need the card for **bleep** online? You just need the damn info that's on the CC and your name, address, birthday and how about that, they got all that info.

yes those are all parts of the puzzle but in the end if you do not have the security code (3 sometimes 4 digit code)you do not pass go.

do you know people have the capacity to lie, especially when they can sweeten their own pot through something exactly like this?

Your right people will lie about a lot of things but when there is proof of this happening which I already know of 12 case it has someone is going to have to pay for that and it's going to be the company that said your info was safe with them.

shouldn't it be the guy who broke in and stole your **bleep**?

also credit card companies have fraud protection, which is what this is.

The guys who did it will pay for it in the end. The reason sony is going to get sued is bacause they said your info was safe with them and then sony in return will sue the hackers if or when they are caught.

nothing is completely safe and sony would never get you to click a document stating that your information would never be compromised. there will be a clause in extreme circumstances and if they did their part to uphold a certain standard of care then the suit should fall through.

if this goes through and sony does get sued the gamers will be screwed over twice cause sony may choose to alter its services to remove a liable part rather than try to fix it up.

it is my opinion that sony would have adhered to the standard of care like any sane business so as to cover their own asses in a case like this. if they did then they will probably counter sue the persons who brought up the lawsuit or if the suit goes through unwarreanted then it will be bad for us a s gamers.

as a person you should stand up if your rights are being infringed but i would have waited till the findings of the independent investigation comes back to actually see if your rights were infringed.

Photobucket
Message 41 of 86 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Re: Sony sued

Apr 28, 2011

DeaDshoTs wrote:

Disciple74 wrote:

Your right people will lie about a lot of things but when there is proof of this happening which I already know of 12 case it has someone is going to have to pay for that and it's going to be the company that said your info was safe with them.

I think you make strong arguments, but the improper use of your and you're is totally throwing me off on your credibility. Usage of You're and Your - wikiHow

I'm sorry I will stop typing fast and work on that for you. :smileywink:

Message 42 of 86 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
720 posts

Apr 28, 2011

Disciple74 wrote:

Dirt_Button wrote:

Disciple74 wrote:

They should have told us right when they read those logs. There wasn't a need for any outside party to come in and read that if they already did it. So for me that's a huge delay in letting me know what was going on with my CC info. Another thing to note is how they stored all of our info. Which is another big no no and the UK is going to eat them up on that cause they are huge on that kind of stuff. Then to come and tell me that they messed up but go get a credit report to make sure nothing happens. I'm going to let you in on something when you run a credit report it lowers your credit and you can go look that up if you want to. Not only should I not have to do that but if I in fact do they better believe they should be the ones paying for it not me. I didn't just give my info out. Someone stole it from a company I was told my info was safe with.

If they didn't bring a third-party in to investigate along with their own staff, I would only imagine that would have created some sort of conflict of interest.  You can't have a company solely investigate its own alleged negligence.  Hell, they could have even gone so far as to cover the whole thing up.  But they didn't.

I never once said they didn't need to bring in a third party to investigate the problem. They should have done that but the moment they seen some peoples info could have been seen, looked at or anything of that nature. It was thier job to let all of us know that and they waited what 4 or 5 days to do so.

All I can say is we can only go by what Sony has released.  According to them, in order to fully realize the extent of the intrusion it took days of investigation, after which they informed the general public about the extent.  And if the laws support the steps they took, how can Sony be faulted?  Companies will do only what they have to legally, not for the consumer's sake but for theirs.

Message 42 of 86 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Apr 28, 2011

Just for the record I'm up here to be cool with everyone not have a pissing contest. My opinion on this is bias. Sony didn't do this deliberetly. So no hard feelings. The delay on alerting us was BS I will say that. 

If it is true CC info has been used due to this then that was the obvious point of the hack in the first place. If it turns out to  be false and CC info has not been used thenI'm actually glad this happened because now the security will be even better than before. Making a positive out of a negative.

Message 44 of 86 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Apr 28, 2011

Disciple74 wrote:

DeaDshoTs wrote:

Disciple74 wrote:

I think you make strong arguments, but the improper use of your and you're is totally throwing me off on your credibility. Usage of You're and Your - wikiHow

Awesome. I didn't mean to insult you if you felt that way, just that I've been reading each of the ideas given and noticed the sentences to mean continuously different meanings.

Message 45 of 86 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Apr 28, 2011

Dirt_Button wrote:

Disciple74 wrote:

Dirt_Button wrote:

Disciple74 wrote:

They should have told us right when they read those logs. There wasn't a need for any outside party to come in and read that if they already did it. So for me that's a huge delay in letting me know what was going on with my CC info. Another thing to note is how they stored all of our info. Which is another big no no and the UK is going to eat them up on that cause they are huge on that kind of stuff. Then to come and tell me that they messed up but go get a credit report to make sure nothing happens. I'm going to let you in on something when you run a credit report it lowers your credit and you can go look that up if you want to. Not only should I not have to do that but if I in fact do they better believe they should be the ones paying for it not me. I didn't just give my info out. Someone stole it from a company I was told my info was safe with.

If they didn't bring a third-party in to investigate along with their own staff, I would only imagine that would have created some sort of conflict of interest.  You can't have a company solely investigate its own alleged negligence.  Hell, they could have even gone so far as to cover the whole thing up.  But they didn't.

I never once said they didn't need to bring in a third party to investigate the problem. They should have done that but the moment they seen some peoples info could have been seen, looked at or anything of that nature. It was thier job to let all of us know that and they waited what 4 or 5 days to do so.

All I can say is we can only go by what Sony has released.  According to them, in order to fully realize the extent of the intrusion it took days of investigation, after which they informed the general public about the extent.  And if the laws support the steps they took, how can Sony be faulted?  Companies will do only what they have to legally, not for the consumer's sake but for theirs.

I don't want you to think I'm eatting my own words here. So I'm going to just break this down and not trying to sound like I'm being a d!ck in the process. Did they need to bring in a third party to look at this? Yes they did but they did not need that third party to tell them what they already seen in the logs. I just would have and I'm almost sure a lot of people would have like to known the day SONY read that log. Now the storing CC info they did something wrong. The way it was stored and NOT protected was a huge no no.

Message 46 of 86 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Apr 28, 2011

DeaDshoTs wrote:

Disciple74 wrote:

DeaDshoTs wrote:

Disciple74 wrote:

Awesome. I didn't mean to insult you if you felt that way, just that I've been reading each of the ideas given and noticed the sentences to mean continuously different meanings.

No not at all. I understand where you're coming from.

Message 47 of 86 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Apr 28, 2011

Sweet I'm looking forward to getting my check for $12 in 2027! Wait after taxes, probably more like $9, but right on go greedy lawyers!

Message 48 of 86 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
974 posts

Apr 28, 2011

What the **bleep** is wrong with you yanks. Your mum sneezes you put in a lasuit, your neighbours dog pisses on your lawn you put in a lawsuit, your dad has an affair with a donkey you put in a lawsuit aginst the owner of the donkey.

Your all money grabbing compensation claiming freaks (Maybe not all). Prices rise because of thoughless actions like this.

I would imagine some yank would put in a lawsuit if Sony said OK, £/$ 45 a year to play.

"You said it would be free, I'm suing you"....

Making a comment like "IDIOT.. Nuff Sed" is flaming, please put me out if I do it again.
vote here http://airborn101.co.uk/socom4%20poll.html
Message 49 of 86 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1913 posts

Apr 28, 2011

Who ever the law firm is that accepted this is, is going to lose a lot of time and money. They can not win this. Can't believe someone was dumb enough to take this on... amateurs.

Who ever it was that taught you "opinions can never be wrong", failed you as a teacher. You may have an opinion, but it doesn't make it correct, or even a fact. The only fact is that you have an opinion, not that your opinion is fact.
Message 50 of 86 (1 View)
0 Likes