0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Re: The Socom community in a nutshell.

Jul 31, 2011

Blitzzd wrote:

Straight up comedy.

It's like the worlds biggest married couple. Fights, compromises, complaints, and very FEW kudos. Lots of DRAMA.

There is a hierarchy to this community which is hilarious. "Vets" (lol sorry but people who game aren't vets. no offence), scrubs and CoD newbs round up the list.

Don't talk smack about any of the Socom's except #4 otherwise face the wrath of many.

There was this fail-blog style company who intended on remaking Socom (through a pc mod?) without the consent of Sony. Unfortunately it appears that entertaining disaster-waiting-to-happen got shut down. I was looking forward to seeing the lawsuits in place... darn.

Every day there are 15 "I hate Zipper" style threads, on top of the 15,000 that already exist (by mainly the same people) that say the same things. Yet nothing has changed, not a word is heard from the company itself. They clearly don't care but low and behold... here come another 15 threads. Even those who believe in the cause need to understand it's pretty much just SPAM now. No point in even reading them. Some people like to read themsleves talk I guess.

Then there is the lovely mindset that if you play any FPS other than Socom you are less of a gamer. CoD players for example.

It's like a highschool clique within a clique. A plague on the Playstation forums. Too much real estate is taken up by the Blowcom crew, and all of it is negative.

However I must say I have never been so entertained by a forum community. Backwards as it may seem. But I will enjoy watching this franchise die and the whining community with it.

P.S : I expect a lot of booty hurt gamers to reply. Don't try to justify yourselves and your actions to me. I don't care about the money you wasted, the features your missing, the fact Socom 4 isn't really a Socom.

I am merely observing and reporting on what I've witnessed in the past short while. You really can't deny that any of these things happen.

Let the Flames begin. 

Campers : Hook a brother up with some S'mores. Your just sitting there anyhow....

When did Socom become an FPS? I could have sworn it was a TPS, but then again, you say we're wrong for wanting this game to be the best it could be. So perhaps your right here aswell

Need a patch, to fix a patch, that broke a game, that was already disabled, when it was released partially operational, due to insufficient implementation of a workable core of playability.
Photobucket
Message 12 of 25 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4485 posts

Jul 31, 2011

Yep you have sort of nailed it. This really isn't a community. In the old days practically all had the same mentality of working together for some common goal. If it was to inform Zipper we did so in a mature manner. If it was to debate about the dynamics of adding new content which possibly changed the "feel" of the game it hardly turned into a tyrant of death match comments going back and forth.

What we have here now is the new generation. Which as you can see argue just to argue, ignore valid points and truly stand for nothing but themselves. This type of anti-community will never aid a forums ability to accomplish any positive goal. Can't get everyone on the same page when there is nothing for them to personally gain from. So what they do is distort the points being made and then eventually move on to do it somewhere else. Their total satisfaction comes from the turmoil they inflict.

Problem with this new generation also is that the same mentality goes across different venue's. Our older generation knew the value of a dollar and asked for the best possible product in order to spend on it. Yet this new gen is apparently more wealthy than previous generation and can afford to waste spending on inferior products. They chalk it up to a item not sufficiently fufilling their needs and move onto the next item. Never acknowledging the fact the product was totally imperfect in many ways.

Until this changes forums or what ever will never improve. Hate to say it but We have turned into a spoiled nation and the past morals of the day no longer exist for many. As it pertains to Socom 4 just watch, those who flamed without reason will slowly disappear. And the outcome is another forums in which a series has deviated from the majority with its title slowly fading away.

Soon Socom 4 will be forgotton like the others and then the dreams of past socoms comes back and we question what went wrong?

Message 13 of 25 (25 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Jul 31, 2011

Where exactly on this hierchy am I?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Message 14 of 25 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2457 posts

Jul 31, 2011

who is this clown and why does anybody care what he thinks? Just another person seeking attention in any way possible.

Message 15 of 25 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1664 posts

Jul 31, 2011

Spence937 wrote:

who is this clown and why does anybody care what he thinks? Just another person seeking attention in any way possible.

Just like most of the posters in this forum.

Message 16 of 25 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14142 posts

Aug 1, 2011

I see you are clearly someone just desperate for a reaction and to push buttons so all I'll offer you for attention is a *yawn*. There you go little guy, hope it was worth it lol.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 17 of 25 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Aug 1, 2011

wow this guy is spot on I couldnt help but laugh! Our community you gotta love it

Message 18 of 25 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
670 posts

Aug 1, 2011

Great post - right on the money. 

Message 19 of 25 (25 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1211 posts

Aug 1, 2011

You do realize you can make a fan made game without the consent of the company. If you aren't selling it, they can't do anything.

Message 20 of 25 (25 Views)
0 Likes