Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Re: what do you guys mean by clunky?

Apr 20, 2012

Most people mean any character movements that aren't superhuman in nature and speed.

I assume though with the recent hot topic you are talking in context to GRFS which is a whole another mess.

Message 11 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6399 posts

Apr 20, 2012

it  means the control  are to  bunched up and    when the player moves you hear in your  head "plop plop plop as  youtry to move around with the player. Kind alike  socom4,, socom ca was alittle clunky in the sp missions.

@slick  socom con was not clunky..  .. gta4 was not  clunky  , gta4 was most  the fluid game out.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 12 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
755 posts

Apr 20, 2012

SOCOM: Confrontation

Message 13 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
553 posts

Apr 20, 2012

socom4 is the most fluid game i have ever played... you can bash it for other things like gun mechanics or something, but it is the least "clunkiest" game i have ever played... when you move the character left to right, the character actually moves in a smooth and fluid fashion... this is one of the main reason i love the game... maneuvering your character around is FLAWLESS.. when it comes to fluidity, s4 is perfection... i find it INSANE that anyone would call s4 a clunky game.. im assuming you have only played the beta (or the first week or 2 of release) and perhaps it was "clunky" then (although i doubt it) but check out some videos of recent gameplay.. its not clunky... this is insanity

Message 14 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17388 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Clunky : Lacking grace in movement or posture.

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 15 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7092 posts

Apr 20, 2012

SCOOTER-NA- wrote:

socom4 is the most fluid game i have ever played... you can bash it for other things like gun mechanics or something, but it is the least "clunkiest" game i have ever played... when you move the character left to right, the character actually moves in a smooth and fluid fashion... this is one of the main reason i love the game... maneuvering your character around is FLAWLESS.. when it comes to fluidity, s4 is perfection... i find it INSANE that anyone would call s4 a clunky game.. im assuming you have only played the beta (or the first week or 2 of release) and perhaps it was "clunky" then (although i doubt it) but check out some videos of recent gameplay.. its not clunky... this is insanity

That's great and all until you get close to wall and all fluidity, flawlessness, and smoothness goes out the window.  On the other hand MGO is all of the things you've listed above. 

MGO might be the only TRUE military themed TPS on the PS3. 

Message 16 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Apr 21, 2012

SCOOTER-NA- wrote:

go play socom 1, 2,3, ca or any new cod, then play socom 4, you will be amazed at how clunky it is.  its like driving a semi through a mall.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
553 posts

Apr 21, 2012

MiamiBlue wrote:

SCOOTER-NA- wrote:

That's great and all until you get close to wall and all fluidity, flawlessness, and smoothness goes out the window.  On the other hand MGO is all of the things you've listed above. 

MGO might be the only TRUE military themed TPS on the PS3.

huh? when you get near a wall? what happens when you get near a wall? this doesnt make any sense... when was the last time you played the game? im not trying to make you feel stupid but perhaps the game wasnt as smooth as it is now way back when you guys played the game.. im not trying to defend the game for the sake of defending it.. im just really passionate about the fact that s4 is not clunky at all and it is the most fluid game i have ever played on the ps3.. ive never played the ps2 versions of socom so all i can go on is the videos i see online.. from what i see, it looks less clunky than GRFS and confrontation, but more clunky that s4 (keep in mind that is just what i see online)... same goes for MGO.. it doesnt look all that clunky but the character movements are too slow for me (the game looks amazing though i have to check it out).. s4 is an example of how a character should always move, IMO

Message 18 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Apr 21, 2012

scooter,ur a noob.u think socom 4 is not clunky cuz u never played any good game..i assume u played clunky castlevenia from nintendo and played socom 4,thats y to u socom 4 feels like great game..this game is wack.u r wack,ur NEXT LEVEL clan is wack.if u got BUTT hurt then come see me son...

GreenBeret129 AKA Socom God out...

Message 19 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12798 posts

Apr 22, 2012

Like you are driving a forklift not controlling a person.

Message 20 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes