Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Re: Why SOCOM?

Sep 7, 2011

erickonasis31 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

Coldfront all the way, that is what made me fall in love with Con. all Coldfront all the time.

Sig.
Hurry up and bring back Slant Six, we want Confrontation 2.

wow...this is where i will use a Tomb line....You must not have played s1 and 2 becuase the clasic maps in Coldfront were a disgrace to the classic maps they copied in s1 and 2

Zipper please apologize to all the mega hardcore players. You have to realize that some people have no life outside of Socom

Never bought Cold Front so I don't have much to go on, but Vigiliance looked nice, but again never played on it. Night Stalker, IMO, was never good.

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 226 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2428 posts

Sep 7, 2011

mtkm48 wrote:

erickonasis31 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

Coldfront all the way, that is what made me fall in love with Con. all Coldfront all the time.

Sig.
Hurry up and bring back Slant Six, we want Confrontation 2.

wow...this is where i will use a Tomb line....You must not have played s1 and 2 becuase the clasic maps in Coldfront were a disgrace to the classic maps they copied in s1 and 2

Zipper please apologize to all the mega hardcore players. You have to realize that some people have no life outside of Socom

Never bought Cold Front so I don't have much to go on, but Vigiliance looked nice, but again never played on it. Night Stalker, IMO, was never good.

Nightstalker was GREAT in s1 and 2...I dont know again maybe it was just the gameplay in Con that messed those maps up ...Nightstalker however in con Felt and looked nothing like the original imo

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 226 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Sep 7, 2011

True Navy Seal Vibe 

-

-

Ever since since Confrontation was released, we've really lost the feeling and "vibe" of being apart of a "NAVY SEAL" experience, in our opinion. It seems developers get the idea that SOCOMers want more factions, not just seals and terrorist ( or mercenaries ), and it's obvious, with Confrontation releasing several factions alongside Seals.

-

-

In fact, so many other factions were included, that the Navy Seal "feel" of the game was ultimately lost. Now, we've heard in an interview that more factions will be added to Socom 4, and this is worrisome, knowing that potentially that Navy Seal vibe could once again be lost.

-

-

Here we have a video ( split into 2 parts ) that you guys, (Zipper), included in your very first SOCOM game. Keep in mind, this is the feeling that really gets our hearts pumping:

-

-

SOCOM US NAVY SEALS Documentary Part 1

SOCOM US NAVY SEALS Documentary Part 2

-

-

Remember guys, SOCOM "US NAVY SEALS"

_________________________________________________________________________________________

PUBLIC/PRIVATE BETA FEEDBACK

TO BE ANNOUNCED / DATED

_________________________________________________________________________________________

STAY TUNED FOR DAILY UPDATES!

GT5 FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Holy crap !   That's the blueprint for an epic game !    It will never work.

I have to say this, the devs we're necessarily adding factions to pull away from the role of U.S. Navy SEALs. They were going for the realistic feel of having an international special forces coalition. So when you're playing in a room as a SEAL, you're playing teamed up with Spetnaz, KSK, and so on. What causes the lack of the authenticity is that the factions are played primarily by North American players. Which is fine. I'm personally a faction jumper just for playing the the full scale of what Confrontation has to offer. But every now and then, you'll play in a room, and you'll hear Brits on the mic, and then you notice running along side you he's right there, playing as SAS. The coalition feel was enhanced when the European vs US channel were filled with players. Now that channel doesn't exist, and most of the filled channels are primarily US Wests and only 1 or 2 Easts and Centrals. But the straight up point is, it was all for the realism of fighting in a coalition against a common enemy, that's all it's for.

The biggest thing that players don't understand about the factions is WHY THEY HAVE FACTION SPECIFIC WEAPONS. Each specific weapon is, in real life, issued to their specific factions. For instance, the IW-80-A2 (actual name: L85A2) is in real life, issued to British Soldiers and Royal Marines. Now is it the SAS's primary assault rifle? Actually no, it isn't. Their rifle is the C8 Combine, which is basically a Canadian replica of the M4. So why would the devs just make an Canadian M4 then? Because they decided to choose weapons that best represented their country's origin. Which is why these weapons are specific, and not shared across all Confrontations' factions and default weapons list.

I've had a few idea's I posted in Confrontation's Forums as a patch or DLC wish list, based on personal experiences serving with some of these countries in Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.

SPECIAL FORCES

Austrailian 4RAR (Cdo) (AW50 AMR Sniper Rifle or F89 Minimi LMG)

Israeli IDF (MTAR-21 Assualt Rifle)

Norwegian FSK (HK MP7 SMG) - Norway Green Camo already available

Brazilian COMANF (IMBEL IA2 Assualt Rifle)

I'm in the US Air Force, so no, I haven't deployed with these special forces. I was deployed with the Austrailian RAAF and the Royal Netherlands Air Force, and a group of us got together off duty, drinking and who's Special Forces were better. We talked about the IDF and FSK as well. Both are highly comparable to the SEALs. The COMANF was just an idea to be included in a South American jungle map pack DLC for Confrontation.

But I do agree, it would have been nice to have additional SEAL skins and mercenary skins, like customizable colored gilli skins, flight suit skins, and sleeveless skins.

PLAYSTATION 3 NEEDS A SERIOUS SOCOM GAME
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 226 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Sep 7, 2011

Hey Sushi,

It has been a little while since we last heard from you, but can you fill us in on the 411?

We're somewhat dying to know if anything even happened concerning this idea. I don't know, I guess it is just disappointment that keeps me hoping that Zipper will one day come out and say the words I want to hear, and promise that they'll give us a "new game" without the expurience crap.

I really want them to give us a Socom 2 HD so that we can just "play" at our pace and enjoy a classic while they "communicate" with us in regards to the future of Socom; Socom 5 or whatever.

But, I realise that this is nothing more than a fantasy and it'll never happen.

Vadimony Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 226 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Sep 8, 2011

I started out on Socom and will die on Socom!!! woohooooooo

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 226 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1980 posts

Sep 8, 2011

Keltimus wrote:

True Navy Seal Vibe 

-

-

Ever since since Confrontation was released, we've really lost the feeling and "vibe" of being apart of a "NAVY SEAL" experience, in our opinion. It seems developers get the idea that SOCOMers want more factions, not just seals and terrorist ( or mercenaries ), and it's obvious, with Confrontation releasing several factions alongside Seals.

-

-

In fact, so many other factions were included, that the Navy Seal "feel" of the game was ultimately lost. Now, we've heard in an interview that more factions will be added to Socom 4, and this is worrisome, knowing that potentially that Navy Seal vibe could once again be lost.

-

-

Here we have a video ( split into 2 parts ) that you guys, (Zipper), included in your very first SOCOM game. Keep in mind, this is the feeling that really gets our hearts pumping:

-

-

SOCOM US NAVY SEALS Documentary Part 1

SOCOM US NAVY SEALS Documentary Part 2

-

-

Remember guys, SOCOM "US NAVY SEALS"

PUBLIC/PRIVATE BETA FEEDBACK

TO BE ANNOUNCED / DATED

STAY TUNED FOR DAILY UPDATES!

GT5 FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Holy crap !   That's the blueprint for an epic game !    It will never work.

I have to say this, the devs we're necessarily adding factions to pull away from the role of U.S. Navy SEALs. They were going for the realistic feel of having an international special forces coalition. So when you're playing in a room as a SEAL, you're playing teamed up with Spetnaz, KSK, and so on. What causes the lack of the authenticity is that the factions are played primarily by North American players. Which is fine. I'm personally a faction jumper just for playing the the full scale of what Confrontation has to offer. But every now and then, you'll play in a room, and you'll hear Brits on the mic, and then you notice running along side you he's right there, playing as SAS. The coalition feel was enhanced when the European vs US channel were filled with players. Now that channel doesn't exist, and most of the filled channels are primarily US Wests and only 1 or 2 Easts and Centrals. But the straight up point is, it was all for the realism of fighting in a coalition against a common enemy, that's all it's for.

The biggest thing that players don't understand about the factions is WHY THEY HAVE FACTION SPECIFIC WEAPONS. Each specific weapon is, in real life, issued to their specific factions. For instance, the IW-80-A2 (actual name: L85A2) is in real life, issued to British Soldiers and Royal Marines. Now is it the SAS's primary assault rifle? Actually no, it isn't. Their rifle is the C8 Combine, which is basically a Canadian replica of the M4. So why would the devs just make an Canadian M4 then? Because they decided to choose weapons that best represented their country's origin. Which is why these weapons are specific, and not shared across all Confrontations' factions and default weapons list.

I've had a few idea's I posted in Confrontation's Forums as a patch or DLC wish list, based on personal experiences serving with some of these countries in Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.

SPECIAL FORCES

Austrailian 4RAR (Cdo) (AW50 AMR Sniper Rifle or F89 Minimi LMG)

Israeli IDF (MTAR-21 Assualt Rifle)

Norwegian FSK (HK MP7 SMG) - Norway Green Camo already available

Brazilian COMANF (IMBEL IA2 Assualt Rifle)

I'm in the US Air Force, so no, I haven't deployed with these special forces. I was deployed with the Austrailian RAAF and the Royal Netherlands Air Force, and a group of us got together off duty, drinking and who's Special Forces were better. We talked about the IDF and FSK as well. Both are highly comparable to the SEALs. The COMANF was just an idea to be included in a South American jungle map pack DLC for Confrontation.

But I do agree, it would have been nice to have additional SEAL skins and mercenary skins, like customizable colored gilli skins, flight suit skins, and sleeveless skins.

PLAYSTATION 3 NEEDS A SERIOUS SOCOM GAME

Having different factions is nice but what I don't like is having different weapons stuck to each faction.  I like having all of my weapons available to me (with all attachments).  I shouldn't have to keep quitting clans or having my clan disband and regroup to get a gun.

Instead of trolling, find something better to do. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself.

http://therealsocom.com/s1hd/votes1hd6.png

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 226 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Sep 8, 2011

Vadimony wrote:

Hey Sushi,

It has been a little while since we last heard from you, but can you fill us in on the 411?

We're somewhat dying to know if anything even happened concerning this idea. I don't know, I guess it is just disappointment that keeps me hoping that Zipper will one day come out and say the words I want to hear, and promise that they'll give us a "new game" without the expurience crap.

I really want them to give us a Socom 2 HD so that we can just "play" at our pace and enjoy a classic while they "communicate" with us in regards to the future of Socom; Socom 5 or whatever.

But, I realise that this is nothing more than a fantasy and it'll never happen.

I sure hope they hear Sushi and the rest of us out, because there is PLENTY of great feedback in this thread alone (not to exclude the MILLION other posts that have been created over the years).

Actually, it's perfectly detailed...there should be no confusing, or need to ask for more input/polls. Just make the dam game already! Just saying...

GUARANTEED $$$$$!!!

I don't know who's worse, Zipper/Sony or the blind/misguided fanbags they have spawned. See what I did there? hahaha I kill me! lol

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 226 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Sep 9, 2011

99% chance this post gets ignored but here goes!

Socom is Being the last guy left, bomb on your back, and pulling off the plant and victory

Socom is 3-5 shots from you or your opponent from being dead for the round.

Socom is Making friends in the dead room

Socom is Working up strategies with complete strangers in the dead room

Socom is Good Game

Socom is Good Try

Socom is Green Up

Socom is Trash Talking in the lobby

Socom is Searching the lobby for a game of your liking

Socom is Playing Breach medley all night

Socom is BREACH!!!!!

Socom is Every person starting with every gun and attachment

Socom is Having the ability to lean and shoot anywhere

Socom is Having to know how to master each gun

Socom is Recoil

Socom is Gernade Arch

Socom is Red Room

Socom is Fish Market

Socom is Breaching jail wall and taking hostages upstairs on Desert Glory

Socom is Planting a claymore and waiting to pull the trigger

Socom is The yellow jacket sailor on Frostfire

Socom is Shooting out the light in the plant area of Enowapi

Socom is The butcher on Sujo

Socom is Taunting your opponent as you gaurd the hostages with a shotgun

Socom is Voting cheaters

Socom is Voting people without a mic

Socom is Teamkilling a 10 year old that should be in school (LOL!!! Seen this so many times back in the day)

Socom is Making friends for life

Socom is The greatest tactical console shooter ever made!!!

And now that Socom 4 has abandoned everything I listed

Socom is Dead

PS That is unless they return to their roots and make a Socom that has everything Socom 2 had, I am talking NO ALTERATIONS!!!!! Add new ADDITIONAL maps and modes if you want but you have to start with everything that Socom 1 & 2 had first.

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 226 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1980 posts

Sep 9, 2011

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Big_Fred18 wrote:

DEADEYEZ wrote:

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Thanks for the constructive feedback so far everyone, it's appreciated.  Keep'em coming. 

-SP

So whats going to come out of this thread? Are you going to pass this on to zipper or sony? Or is this just more writing on the walls of the forum to be ignored.

PSN:PRE_-CISION-_Thanks for killing SOCOM zipper

I am wondering the same thing.  Is this going to be for the next Socom,Remake of an old, or for a new game that we don't know? 

I'll be sending it over to Zipper along with a report on the community as well as up the food chain on my end.  I've already chatted about it with my manager and a few of my co-workers and shown them the community responses in both this thread and the one Luk (I'm also sending his) created.

One of the worst things that can happen from our point of view is for a fanatic/evangelist of a game to become disenfranchised, and if we can learn from that and get to the core of the issue, and what were the core items/things which caused it, then at very least progress can be made and a lesson learned.

-SP

May i ask when will you be sending all of this along or have you already?   and if it is possible please share the feelings of those you gave this to.  I am curious what they think if anything.

also thanks to the person who found Revs thread .  I couldn't get the search feature to work to find it.

Instead of trolling, find something better to do. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself.

http://therealsocom.com/s1hd/votes1hd6.png

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 226 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8933 posts

Sep 9, 2011

What Zipper seems to forget as time goes on, so do we. In this day in age we are the same gamers who played Socom 9 years ago, so why make something we didn't ask for. As Socom gets older so do we, most don't want a new Expurience because we are not new to Socom. We are old to Socom so keep it real and continue on with what made you popular with all of us, a great fast paced 3rd person shooter with no spec weps. .

Honestly, you think by making Socom 4 appear up to date makes it right, Socom 4 looks old to me because many games out resemble Socom 4 already. Re-creating Socom as it was using the old system would be a new experience to me using the PS3. Think about it, nothing new about copying everyone else, new would be to give us something we can't play on the PS3 with updated Graphics.

Old to you is new to me, like someone elses junk, may be junk and out dated to you Zipper, but a treasure to me. So give me my treasure and make Socom the way it should be, the way we all remember and loved to play 8 hours a day.

http://www.socomfan.com/

photo newsocomfansbanner-1-1.png
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 226 (102 Views)
0 Likes