why socom smiple it was the only game that truely hooked me, made me get bad grades for awhile. to me socom 1 and 2 are the best games to date they were simple but fun and u lost that starting with socom 3. socom 3 wasnt bad but it was the begining of the end for socom. socom 1 and 2 also was the only game that got my heart beating it was competitive ppl had to work together.. if u want to folow the rest of the games like cod and others go ahead but dont expect me or im guessing alot of others to buy it if u want to make money and make gamers happy bring back socom 1&2 bring the maps and guns back fix lag and hit detection and i would buy it for 50-60$
I don't even know why Zipper asked this question. Here is my answer "EVERYTHING ABOUT SOCOM 2". I think they know this by now with all of the remake socom 2 stuff floating around the web. Just make a complete copy of Socom 2 and we will all be happy Zipper. I tell you right now you would have my money and everyone elses. Best game of all time you cannot top that just quit trying to be clever and give us what we want.
It is hard to explain the details of game play since we are not all programmers. We just liked the way it was...It was perfect.
-Keep the same look of the characters
-Keep the same aiming system with crosshairs and recoil
-Keep the way they run without having to push a button (can't stand having to push a button)
-Keep the mines
-Keep the lean around corners
-Keep the same maps
-Keep the ranking system
-Keep the briefing room to look exactly the same with certain rooms for certain ranks, but also room for everyone
-Keep the clan structure
-Keep the same button layout
-Keep the epic gun battles.
-Do Not change the maps (I don't know what the obsession is with manipulating old maps. Why can't they be the same? I am talking about confrontation. Its like i was playing the same game, but something was wrong and it made me more sad than anything. Leave it alone!
-Do not change things because you feel the need to upgrade to meet the demand of the changing market. This market is not changing! you have actually cornered the market which is usually a companies dream. Why are you sabatoging it?
-If at all possible, get rid of cheaters.
-All you need to do is copy the exact same game and put it on the PSN. I am worried that if you try to make it HD, it will lose its original feel. I am not saying that HD is a bad idea, but all i am saying is that the fans want their favorite game back. We played the other ones because we thought they would be an improvement on an already incredible game, they were not, and now we are stuck with a system unable to play our old favorites. No one would complain if for the meantime you just put the same game on the PSN.
(in Caps to emphasize importance, not yelling)
-ITS THE LOOK AND FEEL OF GAMEPLAY COMBINED WITH THE CLAN AND RANKING ASPECT THAT MADE IT SUCH A GREAT GAME. ALSO THE STRATEGICAL AND REALISTIC SURROUNDINGS. YOU COULD ACTUALLY HIDE IN THE BUSHES AND NOT BE SEEN...UNHEARD OF NOWADAYS. TRY TO HIDE IN CALL OF DUTY, OR STRATEGIZE...NOT HAPPENING, ITS TOO FAST PACE.
Email me with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- The realisic gameplay and feel of Socom 2 is what made it so great!.
- I think the main thing that made Socom 2 feel so realistic was the RECOIL and crosshairs.
- The way the crosshairs would expand and contract (A smaller site was much more accurate than an expanded one) depending on charecter's stance. I.E. You had the smallest crosshairs and most accuracy if in prone, then the crosshairs would get a little bigger and less accurate if kneeling, and then even bigger less accurate if standing. If you were running and gunning your crosshairs would expand all the way, and have the least amount of accuracy. Confrontation and Socom 4 both had broken crosshairs that didn't do this, witch in my opinion is what gave older Socoms that realistic, more challenging feel.
- I liked the way each gun in older Socoms had their own realistic feel, and all had their own realistic strengths and weaknesses.
- I liked older Socoms cuz I actually felt like a Navy Seal, carrying A silenced pistol and silenced assault rifle, being stealthy like Seals are supposed to be. If your gonna have guys carrying two main weapons, grenade launchers, and an azz load of deadly grenades, just call the game Army Rangers or something, cuz that aint Socom!
- I liked early Socoms because the beginning of every round didn't start with things blowing up everywhere, Socom is about gun fights and strategically placed grenades, not getting killed by a barrel or car or propane tank!
- The hit detection system on Confrontation and Socom 4 was terrible. Hit detection is a huge priority to make a top notch shooter. It is also a huge factor in the realistic feel of a game.
-No cover system. D pad lean instead, with prone lean.
- I liked the way you could only see so far on older Socoms. The background would get hazy at a distance, but you could cut through the haze and see farther with a scope. Also more realistic feeling.
- The old school Socom 3rd person view with first person option was awesome. You could see the character's whole body all the way down to the knee. It was just easier to tell where you were getting shot from, and easier to hide behind something.
-What I really liked about Socom 2 is it was hard and challenging, it actually took time to get good at the game, it had a huge learning curve. It was a skill game that took practice to get your game up. This gave the game a high replay value for hours and hours of fun that cant be touched by any other game.
Well I started playing socom 1 when I was in 8th grade. I am now 23 and havnt played since confrontation because i thought it sucked. I even went to xbox. I would love to play socom again but I will not do that untill the game goes back to its roots with the old style game play and ranking system. I hate the ranking system that MW3 has its dumb it tells you nothing about a player. If zipper wants the socom veterans to return they need to bring back the original game with just a few tweeks nothing major because we all loved the game the way it was.
Thank you and please bring socom 2 back so I can switch back to playstation!
Why socom? Clan vs Clan Battles. ( being the last man alive vs. the whole team ) actually happened to me a couple times and i killed all 8 about 3 times. 2. everything. 3. nothing needs to change. sony all you have to do is copy code from ps2 to ps3 or just download into a cpu and then sell it on psn network. 3.44 million copies were sold. i bet you 5 mil+ will be sold. Not only that if sony brings it back. i will burn my xbox. last but not least. talent of players. socom really lets players talent shine. i got my rank down to like 300's on s1. names were HPOC<ASSUALTER, U.S.L- KiLLER, Blueblaha. please bring it back. i will not sleep for a week i will just play and become top 100.
everyone keeps saying third person, zipper is saying we did. so let me spell it out, perifial vision, able to look straight ahead and see your 2-3 oclock and your 9-10 oclock. Not what you gave us is shitcom 4 that thousands of people are reporting headaches everytime they play because you have to keep your head on a swivel to see who is near you.this is not third person at best 2nd person. 2, realism with guns not some freakin level 2 shooting the whole length of the map with a dk7 from a cover position getting headshots at least in combined assault the iw80 would not shoot as far with a silencer on it ect... everyone on shitcom 4 does the L 1 shuffle with an assault rifle or machine gun across the map too a 50 cal. sniper rifle with a high scope should be the only fkn weapon that can kill someone across the map make your maps bigger or your accuracy distances shorter on non 50 cal. sniper rifles. heres the best one players who have good connections should run faster than lousy connections. not the present opposite shit connections running a hundred miles an hour, get some updated servers that benefit good connections the better your connection the faster and stronger your player is then everyone coincidently would upgrade there isp. insteade of diluteing them. and 4, let seals look like seals and not some hobo motorcycle gang or island of misfit toys mixmatching uniforms on one side so stupid. and let mercs look like mercs or the savages that they really are then you wouldnt need that stupid red or blue diamond. and to be sincere socom 4 at best is colorful but the aggravation of online freezing, inconsistancey in game play as i am ranked 116th on leaderboard and sometimes i have to struggle to maintain 1 to 1 kill to death ration where most of the time i go 30 and 7, and the overall frustration of this headache causing game imho warrants a lawsuit against sony or zipper for at the least a full refund of everything you spent on this caustic nightmare i wonder if thats the reason they added that warning about siezures in the intro?