Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
772 posts

Re: Why SOCOM?

Feb 17, 2012

Why SOCOM? Because it is the only game that gave (1,2,3) a truly unique and original single player campaign that left the player to their own skills and knowledge to complete the mission how they saw fit. Every other game holds your hand or has assits throughout (socom 4 too). The single player is what I really only care about with SOCOM and it needs to return as it used to be. I can get the same feelings in the MP in other games.

Please use plain text.
Message 211 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 23, 2012

WHY SOCOM IS THE BEST AND POSSIBLE REMAKE.

1. Classic Socom 1 and Socom 2 MAPS.
  2. 3rd Person Shooter / DUAL Perspective can switch into first person.
  3. Shoot While Running.
  4. Jump and Climb.
  5. Can have weapon and gear menu open and still shoot.
  6. Socom 2 Team Work.
  7. Lean Around Corners.
  8. Lean and Throw Grenades.
  9. Grenade Arch.
  10. Custom Taunts.
  11. No Killstreaks.
  12. An Actual Rank System.
  13. Lobbies / Dedicated Servers.
  14. Skill and Knowledge.
  15. Hold grenade keeps enemys gun going up.
  16. Classic Character Outfits.
  17. Classic Female Voice.
  18. Socom 2 Is Not The Best Game But It Has a Special Feeling one of the greatest games. please remake socom. Put Socom 1 and 2 Together and add all the maps from both games and guns. DLC newer maps.                                                   
Please use plain text.
Message 212 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 1, 2012

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Hey everyone, quick question for you that I'm curious about.  Essentially, why SOCOM? 

I feel that many who post on the SOCOM forum are evangelists for the series either good or bad, with roots stretching back nearly a decade, as such I want to get to the core of what made you fall in love with the franchise in the first place, and what are the real core elements in future games that would bring you back.  From brainstorming a bit here are some of the keys I came up with:

-3rd person shooter

-Tactical

-Realistic

-Sense of Community

-Sense of Teamwork

-Roots/ties

-Gameplay (specifically what aspects)

-Fast paced nature

-Stealth

-Variable tactics and ever shifting gameplay/matches

There are many more I'm sure, but what I'd like to ask you is, what are the top three core things about SOCOM for you that made the game and franchise what it is?  Also why are they important?

Thanks in advance guys for keeping it civil and constructive. 

-SP

that feeling you get when its 1vs1 and your gun goes hot

the unbelievable maps of early socoms were art in motion

the sense of community. and how if you were good at socom you were basically good at any other shooter

Please use plain text.
Message 213 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7133 posts

Mar 2, 2012

For me, SOCOM was THE de facto game from the day I bought it.  When I got into a clan that played together regularly, the sense of teamwork was great.  Even though you don't know each other personally, you can still get to know people over the mic and develop friendships.  The whole tactical element was just a huge draw for this game.  I never enjoyed being a loner and just running and gunning, so being able to work as a team with familiar mates was a blast.

I haven't played Socom for a few years now and probably won't in the near future.  The fun waned after Socom 2 and just never returned.  I was a fan of the simplicity of S2 and was never drawn into the eye candy and expanded world of the later entries.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 214 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 3, 2012

I love socom because of how my palms get sweaty and my heart pounds when i go from sneaking across the map to a fast pace gun fight, i love how most of the guns where balanced and there where no machine gun sniper rifles,(Tilly). For some reason all the other games i play get old, like BF3 i love it but after a while it gets old. Sure i will still go back and play it alot but something about socoms gameplay NEVER gets old. I love talking crap in the lobbies and hearing people argue back and forth about each others mama. I Love Socom, and if anyone who has the power to do something please bring back socom, not this socom 4 crap. wrong direction. I personly think socom confronttion was a good attempt it just needed polishing. But something is just better about the old socom's. I would love to see an up to date good socom, but for now i would love socom 2 HD. i would easily pay 40 for the game possibly 60 but thats just because i love the game!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 215 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 3, 2012

I love socom because of how my palms get sweaty and my heart pounds when i go from sneaking across the map to a fast pace gun fight, i love how most of the guns where balanced and there where no machine gun sniper rifles,(Tilly). For some reason all the other games i play get old, like BF3 i love it but after a while it gets old. Sure i will still go back and play it alot but something about socoms gameplay NEVER gets old. I love talking crap in the lobbies and hearing people argue back and forth about each others mama. I Love Socom, and if anyone who has the power to do something please bring back socom, not this socom 4 crap. wrong direction. I personly think socom confronttion was a good attempt it just needed polishing. But something is just better about the old socom's. I would love to see an up to date good socom, but for now i would love socom 2 HD. i would easily pay 40 for the game possibly 60 but thats just because i love the game!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 216 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Everything that was stated in the original post, and so much more!  No game has been able to make teammates work together in an online competitive multiplayer like SOCOM has.  I don't even have the time to make a lengthy list of the reasons why I like it, but everyone that has posted before me pretty much hit the nail on the head.  ****PLEASE MAKE A CLASSIC SOCOM HD!!!!****

PSN: FLaTLiNeR187
SOCOM CA: -FLaTLiNeR-
Please use plain text.
Message 217 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7244 posts

Mar 11, 2012

socom2 solid game (with many glitches lol) the only reason i fell inlove with the series and the community as a whole on here and in game series was trash after that

Please use plain text.
Message 218 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Mar 13, 2012

1. The competiveness of the early SOCOMS. If you won MVP it meant something and it posted it up on the menu for EVERYONE to see. I kind of felt like i was in Tee ball again while playing SOCOM 4, everybody wins.

2. THE RANKING SYSTEMS, lets be honest, u had to be pretty bad a%$ to be a captian on SOCOM 2, It actually meant something, you werent ranked by how much you have played, but how good you were. Also it was better for your rank if you killed somebody that was ranked higher than yourself. awsome.

3. The feel and sound of every and each gun (socom 1&2), i can tell which one im using purely from feel and sound.

4. the early socoms sucked me in because IT TOOK SKILL. hard games are fun, easy games get boring.

5. Early SOCOM map designs

6. One of the greatest things in SOCOM 2 was how the SEALS always had the advantage on guns, while the terrorist had the better spawns on all the maps. WHO SAYS SEALS AND TERRORIST NEED TO BE EQUAL?

7. Loved the old game modes.

8. Loved how all the maps were built around one gametype.

9. 8v8, because its fun to know everyone can see you are the bada@@ that just killed 5 SEALS/TERROROST and is on the top of the list.

10. Confrontation had an attractive feature, you could customized the way your character looked.

11. the speed of SOCOM 2.

12. I liked Bomb squad from SOCOM 4, i think that could be real successfull.

13 lets be honest, EVERYBODY loved the blood from SOCOM 2!! (and the music )

14 Weapon Customizations definetely DID NOT suck me in to socom

15 Loved playing 8v8 clan wars with the /B/'s. it was always so easy to get a clan war,

Basically almost all features from S1/S2, Socom 2 at its peak had less ppl online than HALO, but had more hours logged online THAN ALL XBOX ONLINE HOURS PUT TOGETHER! (at the time) if that doesnt prove how great the game is, nothing does. THUMBS UP

Please use plain text.
Message 219 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6919 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Socom 2 was an amazing game back then. This is why they need to keep Socom.. Well, Socom.

- Lobbies, NO MORE MATCH SYSTEM. (horrible)

- Great maps

- Great game play

- Simple HUD

- Better hit detection

Ok why list all the great points that made Socom 2 amazing? I would love to see Socom 2 HD. Hell, even if it'll never happen, I want to see Socom 5 with all the same features of Socom 2, with new maps, etc. Just please. I cannot stress enough... The lobbies need to come back. It isn't fun without them, AT ALL.

Please use plain text.
Message 220 of 226 (14 Views)
0 Likes