Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 24 2009
By: Ecko813 Uncharted Territory 1490 posts

Just to give you guys some perspective. This was written on 11-14-2008

4 replies 8 views Edited Sep 24, 2009

I wrote this post on the old Playstation Forum way back in November of last year. It was in response to the lack of communication and support we recieved a month after launch...Funny how far this tittle has come and how far it needs to go before delivering on the experience we were all sold on in order to get us to pre-order this tittle. enjoy the look back...

First and foremost: I would say an apology is in order for releasing this game in the state it was released on October 13th. Acknowledging the errors in judgement and preparation instead of issuing damage control statements would actually rally support instead of repelling it at this point. 

Would it kill you to admit your short-comings and failures in hopes of actually salvaging the respect this franchise has garnered throughout the years? 

It's been over a month now and the game has seen some improvement but is still lacking features that were printed on the box with patches promised but not delivered as of th edate of this post. I think if you were sincere in your response to all of the events surrounding Socom's development it would actually buy you the time that you need to deliver the ultimate experience you set out to deliver. As you already know the fan base is large and demanding, not ignorant nor blind. The base supported your endeavor and is deeply wounded at the support or acknowledgement that your firm has provided to this point. It is not my intention to flame your efforts only to inform you that we too are tired of the negative attention this franchise is getting as we clearly want to stand behind /6 and this game except it is increasingly difficult to do so when core features continue to remain in development after the offficial release of this product.

In conclusion, I just want to re-emphasize that a formal apology would be in order. You can even say something to this effect.

Slant6 would like to sincely and genuinely apologize for any inconveniences our game has caused many of you. We are acknowledging our short -comings in the delivery of the game we all love and have supported throughout the years. We would like to take the oppurtunity to assure everyone that we are 100% commited to completing the task we set to complete and deliver on all phases of this project. Thank you in advance for your patience and support while we continue to work hard on meeting your expectations.

Message Edited by ecko813 on 11-14-2008 09:16 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4547 posts

Re: Just to give you guys some perspective. This was written on 11-14-2008

Sep 24, 2009

Ecko813 wrote:

I wrote this post on the old Playstation Forum way back in November of last year. It was in response to the lack of communication and support we recieved a month after launch...Funny how far this tittle has come and how far it needs to go before delivering on the experience we were all sold on in order to get us to pre-order this tittle. enjoy the look back...

You said tittle...heeheeheehee. :smileyvery-happy:

-------------------

Warhawk/Starhawk Pro/Advanced Flight til the day I die-------------- [BHD] Better Hide or Die
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1490 posts

Sep 24, 2009

Pain_ELementaL wrote:

Ecko813 wrote:

You said tittle...heeheeheehee. :smileyvery-happy:

And they (You know who i'm talking about) didn't even have the stones to say that much after launch...Thanks for sharing your comprehension...lol

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Sep 24, 2009
They'll never apologize for spitting out this game too early. If they do---They'll send Abigale with 43456 sorrys in a written statement.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Sep 24, 2009

And with my response, this thread now has more replies than the last.

Nobody cares, go to bed.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (8 Views)
0 Likes