Gaming Beast
2586 posts

Re: Socom 2 HD

Mar 20, 2011

oODiRtYOo wrote:
Lots of people want it.

I don't want a last gen gam on a next gen console. If I wanted to play S2 I would dust off the Ps2

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
559 posts

Mar 20, 2011

whats sad is probably over half the people that voted no, probably never even played it. They just voted no to be diks.. They should only go by how many voted yes, 7000 is a good number, and that just those who knew about the poll. Look at some of the other games they re-did.. Medal of Honor.. Pleeeeease..

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
559 posts

Mar 20, 2011

NiTeShAdE83 wrote:

oODiRtYOo wrote:
Lots of people want it.

I don't want a last gen gam on a next gen console. If I wanted to play S2 I would dust off the Ps2

Try playing an SD game on a HD 57" tv. Its not happening.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2586 posts

Mar 20, 2011

Drago13 wrote:

whats sad is probably over half the people that voted no, probably never even played it. They just voted no to be diks.. They should only go by how many voted yes, 7000 is a good number, and that just those who knew about the poll. Look at some of the other games they re-did.. Medal of Honor.. Pleeeeease..

Oh so because they voted no they must be diks that is funny. How old is this community again?

The if you don't agree with me attitude your a this or that is for children grow up.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2586 posts

Mar 20, 2011

Drago13 wrote:

NiTeShAdE83 wrote:

oODiRtYOo wrote:
Lots of people want it.

Try playing an SD game on a HD 57" tv. Its not happening.

I still don't want it remade I wont buy it I made my investment in S2 and staked alot of time in it aswell I'm over it.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1277 posts

Mar 20, 2011

Donatello777 wrote:
I don't care for zipper to actually REMAKE socom 2, just rerelease the game on the PSN. As they did with FF7, FF8, Crash bandicoot, spyro, twisted metal, etc.

I agree. There is no need for a "remake" just release the damn game on the PSN network like they do PS1 , PS2 games all the time. I don't see how it could take them any longer then a couple months to accomplish this.

Hell they could charge $30 or $40 and people will happily pay it.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
559 posts

Mar 20, 2011

NiTeShAdE83 wrote:

Drago13 wrote:

Oh so because they voted no they must be diks that is funny. How old is this community again?

The if you don't agree with me attitude your a this or that is for children grow up.

I didnt say EVERONE I said "probably" over half. READ

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
559 posts

Mar 20, 2011

hotshot- wrote:

Donatello777 wrote:
I don't care for zipper to actually REMAKE socom 2, just rerelease the game on the PSN. As they did with FF7, FF8, Crash bandicoot, spyro, twisted metal, etc.

I agree. There is no need for a "remake" just release the damn game on the PSN network like they do PS1 , PS2 games all the time. I don't see how it could take them any longer then a couple months to accomplish this.

why release it on the psn, when you can go buy it for 10.00 at some big box store.. I dont want a TOTAL remake, I just want the same game in a higher definition. S2 was made for tube tvs, they dont even make them any more. The average tv in a home is a lot larger than it used to be.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Mar 20, 2011

I'm all for remakes of older games but i also enjoy newer experiences. Things tend to lose their shine and not be as awesome as you remember them sometimes.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1277 posts

Mar 20, 2011

Drago13 wrote:

hotshot- wrote:

Donatello777 wrote:

why release it on the psn, when you can go buy it for 10.00 at some big box store.. I dont want a TOTAL remake, I just want the same game in a higher definition. S2 was made for tube tvs, they dont even make them any more. The average tv in a home is a lot larger than it used to be.

Because the PS2 version is full of cheaters? The game looked fine in 480p on my HD LCD back in 05. Not only that, but them recreating it and making it in HD is totally unnecessary. It is a PS2 game and I already know what the graphics look like and have my own expectations of what PS2 game is.

The point is it would take little effort, little time, and little money for them as a company to do what we are asking. Having them redue the graphics , redue everything would cost them time and money. Plus it wouldn't be released for probably a year or two which is more wasted time. Having them release SOCOM 2 as a PSN download would take them little time and effort. If you don't want to play it thats fine you can continue to play these new crap games they keep releasing.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes