Jun 23 2011
By: Peevs First Son 1 posts

Please explain

3 replies 374 views Edited Jun 23, 2011

I saw the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD collection and since everyone says it's one of the best games they've ever played I feel like buying it. Shadow of the Colossus seems like fun but Ico seems  tedious and boring (I saw gameplay on youtube). Here's a list of games I like so you guys can kind of determine wether or not I would like the game:

Metal Gear Series 1-4 (Although I'm not too crazy about the story)

Little Big Planet

ModNation Racers

Need for Speed

Uncharted Series 1-2

Batman Arkham City

Some popular games I didn't really like:

Assassins Creed - Played the first one, thought it was too repetitive

InFamous - Music sucked, gameplay was kind of boring

Hope the list helps a bit,

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Re: Please explain

Oct 20, 2011

Think of Ico as more of an adventure game more akin to Myst, except in third person. There is some combat, although it isn't really difficult, but this game is intentionally a somewhat slow-paced puzzle game that requires logical thinking rather than dexterity. It really is an amazing game with great atmosphere, but if you are more interested in fast paced action, it may not be for you.

Message 2 of 4 (374 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11305 posts

Oct 21, 2011

The thing is that you can't really compare Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to other games. They're both adventure games with puzzles to solve and enemies to beat. They both have emotional stories that aren't too deep, just giving you enough to get the gist and care about the characters involved. The weapon selection is limited, as these are not games where you see much growth. The development is more in the puzzles themselves, with nastier colossi to challenge or more obtuse riddles.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are going to put you to the test, whether or not you can figure out how to make it across a large chasm or if you can find a way to get on the back of a moving giant. If puzzles and exploration are your thing, along with an appreciation for fine art, then allow these passionate wonders into your heart.

Message 3 of 4 (374 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Get if you have time and money

Message 4 of 4 (285 Views)
0 Likes