Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2011
By: BattleCry1791 Uncharted Territory 1610 posts

An Open Letter to FPS Game Developers

3 replies 43 views Edited Feb 4, 2011

Dear Zipper, DICE, EA, IW, etc etc

I would like to alert you to the fact that not all video game players are mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, run and gun idiots.  Some of us actual like to flex our mental muscle, even when playing video games. 

Recently, with the exception of MAG (which now has so many problems it's pretty much unplayable), you have failed to satisfy us. 

We don't like CoD/KZ because it's too brainless.  However, the gameplay of games like Operation Flashpoint or America's Army are so poor that the concepts in those games are overlooked because they don't have a fun factor. 

We want objective based games.  And we want choices.  Lots of choices.  We wouldn't mind seeing more of an RPG element and real character building outside of the warzone, not unlike what Warhawk did, but in an FPS that rewards forethought and strategy.

We number in the millions.  And we buy DLC packs.  We love PVP, but want more out of it.  We want larger numbers in our games, 12 on 12?  Is it still 2002?  We want the fast paced action, but we want more on top of it.

And we want balance.  And No Lag.  Seriously...zero lag.  And we want you to police and punish the pedal/switch/and d/l slowdown users to make sure everyone's on the level. 

Do this, and we'll come running with our greenbacks, bluebacks, yellowbacks, and whateverbacks in hand. 

Just make one.  Just ONE game that is fast paced, yet mentally challenging, with balance and no lag and we will come to you. 

And no zombies.

We have officially reached a point in gaming, where the games are dumbed down to appease the idiots that play them. Until Console gamers get smarter, the games will continue to be stupid.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (43 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Re: An Open Letter to FPS Game Developers

Feb 6, 2011

I know this is a bit obvious, but: Battlefield 3? I know the PS3 version will only have 12v12, but 2.5 out of 4 can't be that bad (I'm giving them half a point for lag because it's just too early to know how that will turn out).

Overall, though, you're right. If a game could combine MAG's huge teams and Battlefield/Killzone's intensity, then... I'm not sure there's a word in the English language for that.

My status is fine, Admiral. But yours is about to go Red.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1610 posts

Aug 12, 2011

Is DICE involved?  Then there will be lag.  If DICE was a band, their name would be "And they will know us by the trail of our lag".

But in good news, it seems that perhaps CCP's DUST514 may finally be the game I've/we've been waiting for.

We have officially reached a point in gaming, where the games are dumbed down to appease the idiots that play them. Until Console gamers get smarter, the games will continue to be stupid.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Aug 12, 2011

There is to many FPS games abailable right now.   I prefer RPGs or 3rd person action games but I am looking forward to Dust 514 and Metro Last light next year

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (43 Views)
0 Likes