Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Re: Do not buy Operation Flashpoint!! 4/10 (the graphics=vomit on steroids)

Oct 8, 2009

Midnight...were you expecting a COD clone? The game is great. Nothing wrong with the graphics.  I only see tracers from the enemy's but oh well.

Agree with the rest..Just put the game back into the case and return it. This game isnt for you.

Message Edited by solarix-3- on 10-07-2009 11:23 PM
Message Edited by solarix-3- on 10-07-2009 11:23 PM
solarix-3-
Message 10 of 126 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Re: Do not buy Operation Flashpoint!! 4/10 (the graphics=ps2)

Oct 8, 2009

This game is one of the best on the PS3, not to mention one of the hardest war/shooter games that ive played. It's alot more fun to actually have to think what your next move will be to get out of a tough situation then to spray and pray your way out of it like your Rambo or somethin. If you would rather be rambo then go play CoD. Besides, your probably just mad you couldn't camp in a house and regen to full health after you got hit. And as for your MP problems, you just have bad aim. 

This game is great.

PSN: V_Rage_V

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 126 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

Re: Do not buy Operation Flashpoint!! 4/10 (the graphics=vomit on steroids)

Oct 8, 2009

SLY12 wrote:
Ok, then for those of us who don't have the game, how are the graphics?  Any pop-in, screen tearing, etc?  How is the draw distance?  Feedback please.

The graphics is really poor. I think the Gameplay more than makes up for it however. If you've played Ghost Recon before and liked it, then I believe that you'd like this one as well.
Message 12 of 126 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Re: Do not buy Operation Flashpoint!! 6/10 (the graphics=ps2)

Oct 8, 2009

I gave the game a chance, and yes it was fun!

really fun co-op

and no i dont play rambo style either.

The graphics are just so shotty, so under developed, its just hard to spot enemy's far away due to this.

Yes the game plays well, but the graphics are just done poor.

You say realism?

wheres the realism where your health regains at each checkpoint?

"play it hardcore then"

and what no saves?

pls.

you guys, pay $60 for a product, atleast i expect up to date graphics, not some half azzed stuff.

Message 13 of 126 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2235 posts

Oct 8, 2009
My friend got it and we did agree that graphics are pre PS3. Just like somebody noticed, you can compare it to RB6 LV. Plus , i cant justify crossin the island ,which wastes hours of your life. 
Photobucket
Message 14 of 126 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1527 posts

Oct 8, 2009

MidNightPRWLR wrote:

really fun co-op

The graphics are just so shotty, so under developed, its just hard to spot enemy's far away due to this.

You say realism?

"play it hardcore then"

and what no saves?

pls.

you guys, pay $60 for a product, atleast i expect up to date graphics, not some half azzed stuff.

Yeah develop an game capable of having such a long distance view, and compatible with the PS3?  Good luck with that.  PS3 is incredibly weak compared to a $1000 PC.  Look at a PC vs PS3 comparison picture and there is a huge difference.  Open World games are hard to perfect, especially with this large of a map. Also they did a good job of keeping a stable game with the distance so high, so much to compute. 

logo arma 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 15 of 126 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Oct 8, 2009
In all honesty, the graphics are a little behind the times.  I think I said before that they look more like a PS3 launch title, and I think that is pretty accurate.  The draw distance is about as far as it gets with console games.  In the first mission you can clearly see across to the main island which is a fair distance away.  Most other sight lines end at a mountain or ridge so the distance varies.  The grass is always there in some form so you don't get the odd BS like with the Battlefield 2 PC game where a sniper laying on a distant hill in deep grass looked to be floating about a foot off the ground over a plain, manicured lawn.  There is some pop-in with the trees sort of changing from low res distance models to closer, slightly more detailed models.  This give the effect of the trees suddenly popping out all kinds of leaves and branches as you turn back and forth, but really it's not that big of a deal and has zero effect on gameplay that I can see.  And yes, the textures are pretty dull, but the colors are great and work well with camouflage.  Enemies are hard to see and identify so you have to move slow and not rush unless absolutely necessary for the mission.  The gameplay is as expected with a game of this sort.  The only people who would be confused and frustrated are people who have never played a real military simulation FPS game and instead cut their teeth on games like CoD and Killzone.  This game is not for lightweights.  It will test you but the tension it builds while you are creeping through the underbrush trying to get the drop on your enemy makes it a hugely satisfying experience when you do prevail and complete your mission.  Be prepared to actually be afraid of death in a video game as it comes swiftly and without mercy.  For those looking for more than run and gun shooting and some actual real-world tactics and strategy, a game like Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is without equal on the consoles so far.  It's not SOCOM, it's not CoD.  It's the closest you will get to real combat while sitting on your butt at home eating Cheetos and playing video games.
Message 16 of 126 (13 Views)
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Oct 8, 2009

Kewlkevin wrote:

MidNightPRWLR wrote:

really fun co-op

You say realism?

"play it hardcore then"

and what no saves?

pls.

Yeah develop an game capable of having such a long distance view, and compatible with the PS3?  Good luck with that.  PS3 is incredibly weak compared to a $1000 PC.  Look at a PC vs PS3 comparison picture and there is a huge difference.  Open World games are hard to perfect, especially with this large of a map. Also they did a good job of keeping a stable game with the distance so high, so much to compute. 

Lames excuse ever

Have you played Killzone 2?

Please dont just say that a PC is worth a $1000.

The PS3 can process the graphics way better.

Message 17 of 126 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5501 posts

Oct 8, 2009
Just throwing it out there but honestly who buys games for graphics? I buy games for gameplay not graphics, they are a bonus. Hell I would not complain if PS1 graphics were being used for this game. I really do not understand why everyone breaks a sweat over graphics...
PSN:PRE_-CISION-_

Message 18 of 126 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Oct 8, 2009

DEADEYEZ wrote:
Just throwing it out there but honestly who buys games for graphics? I buy games for gameplay not graphics, they are a bonus. Hell I would not complain if PS1 graphics were being used for this game. I really do not understand why everyone breaks a sweat over graphics...

its people like you who conform to such bad tastes, that ignorance that just wastes $60.

I said the gameplay runs great, at least the graphics could have been better in detail.

This helps in sighting enemies, or hiding.

Go back to the 80s fool.

Message 19 of 126 (13 Views)
0 Likes