Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Re: Do not buy Operation Flashpoint!! 6/10 (the graphics=ps2)

Oct 8, 2009
Midnight, You say you have problems seeing the enemy? try using the binoculars, they are there for a reason. I see enemy AI just fine with the graphics of the game, you just have to take your time and look for them..instead of trying to run right through the game.
PSN: V_Rage_V

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 126 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 8, 2009
Very true!  I have no problems what so ever when it comes to spotting the enemy. I use my binoculars a lot and the scope on the marksman version of the M16.  For those of you saying you have problems with the graphics/seeing enemies, are you on a standard def TV or an HDTV?  That will probably make a huge difference.  I'm using an 42" LCD projection that is 1080p. Though it is not the best out there I still don't have any problems.
Message 31 of 126 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Oct 8, 2009
I don't think 1080p is going to make much difference considering the game is only running in 720p.  Of course even 720p is worlds away from a standard definition TV so that's a huge difference for anyone not playing on a TV capable of some sort of HD resolution.  But yes, as has been said many times and is basically the dead horse, the graphics are not up to the modern standard.  For me, knowing how these games are on PC and what it must take to put all of this on a console, I am pleased with the graphics.  For those of you complaining about not being able to see the enemy, don't blame the graphics, blame the camouflage.  If you think I'm kidding, go play some outdoor tactical Airsoft.  Even at Airsoft engagement distances it's very hard to see someone waiting in ambush.  Even when you know they are there, if they are hiding behind something, it's impossible to see them.  Same thing with OFP: DR.  Yes, it's very hard to see a head poking up over some sandbags at 250 meters.  Exactly how well do you think you should see something that is 2 1/2 football fields away?  This game is based in reality and it does a pretty good job of bringing it to the consoles.  No, it's not easy, no it's not for everyone, but it is as real as you are going to get to date and it kicks butt for those of us who want something more than scripted corridor shooters or shooters with maps the size of a city block and only a few buildings you can enter.
Message 32 of 126 (9 Views)
Sackboy
536 posts

Oct 8, 2009

I tire of hearing "up to standard" --- Really, what's the modern standard for sandbox open world military sim fps? 

For the amount of detail that went into this game and how much they need to keep running at once it's pretty amazing. 

Are the graphics as great as Killzone2?  No.  But I can't even drive a jeep in Killzone 2 let alone fly a helicopter.

Message 33 of 126 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Oct 8, 2009

munkt0r wrote:

I tire of hearing "up to standard" --- Really, what's the modern standard for sandbox open world military sim fps? 

For the amount of detail that went into this game and how much they need to keep running at once it's pretty amazing. 

Are the graphics as great as Killzone2?  No.  But I can't even drive a jeep in Killzone 2 let alone fly a helicopter.

For a console mil-sim open world game?  OFP: DR IS the standard.  It's the only one out there and there is nothing on the current generation of consoles it can be equally compared to.

Message 34 of 126 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Oct 8, 2009

munkt0r wrote:

lol about hely have you drive one i couldnt find none lol

game is awesome im in mission 7 right now iand im enjoyin this game  all

......................,-'´ . . . _,,,,,';:-,.................
....................,-(c\ \`;-=´,_,-~-, \`.............
..................,/ . . .¯'\, º ,/.'-~°,' .¯`'-,.........
................../ . . . . . .¯,_ ~--~',, . . .'\.......
.................| . . . . . . . . ¯¨¨¨¨¯,/ . . .| ......
.................| . . . . . . . , . . . .`'-, . . . |........
................/\ . . . . . . ."-,,,-'~-~' . . . '|......
.............,/'`\,`'-, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . /\.......
Message 35 of 126 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Oct 8, 2009
Are you ppl serious ? Obviously this game is not going to have graphics like a Mw2 or KZ say, because its a huge open world game with a MUCH bigger scale than all those LINEAR GAMES. The areas are so small in those other games, so the graphics can be pumped up. This game has distance unlike any shooter, and real ballistics ! OP don't tell ppl not to get the game, just cause your a graphics prostitute that should be playing linear, boring, small games and having your your hand held through it the whole time. Go back to Cod OP.
Message 36 of 126 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Oct 8, 2009
I just heard I recieved the game today instead of tomorrow. It got delivered on a different adres since I'm going away for a couple of days, so will see in a few hours.
Message 37 of 126 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Do not buy Operation Flashpoint!! 6/10 (the graphics=not enuf attention deta

Oct 8, 2009
I do like it (operation flashpoint dr) and if i spend 50 hours playing it (wich i will) i think its worth the 50€ i payed for it. But i most say that the graphicks aren't great, sofar its been the game's weak point, and it could use a tutorial and a better 'field manual', the rest is ok tho (quite good i think) certainly worth the 50€. (and i usealy don't like co-up but it seems to work in flashpoint) Greetings stano666 ps i'd give it 7,5/10 (and mind you I NEVER WOULD GIVE A10!!! i'm not a gamescrittic, these so called 'journalist' gave gta4 a 10 (a lot of 'm did) that was pathatic, i wont trust them anymore, but you can trust me). And future buyers of flashpoint be awere that this aint about 'Rambo-ing'. Its a war SIMMULATER not an ordenairy fps (thank go............,no zipper, hehe).
Message 38 of 126 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Re: Do not buy Operation Flashpoint!! 6/10 (the graphics=not enuf attention deta

Oct 8, 2009

i dont understand with so many glitches/bugs out already on this game why do people still call it a "military sim"

and why does eveyrone say "go back to cod" ive been playing FPS since the original rainbow six/rogue spear online for pc each game is different

socom confrontation was/is even better than OPFlash upon release.

and ps the graphics are definately comparable to that of ps2 games

not even grand theft auto 4 had crappy graphics like this thats cuz their map(s) is a lot bigger than OPflash with a lot more buildings/structures/environment

Message Edited by yuyuuiuykgjhb on 10-08-2009 09:40 AM
Message 39 of 126 (9 Views)