Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2013
By: Johro66 First Son 6 posts

'Haze' online multiplayer servers pulled, please sign our petition!

8 replies 209 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

Yeah, I know that Haze was panned by the critics for it's glitches, it's awful AI, and most of all it's crap dialogue, but that's the campaign mode over with.

I have enjoyed playing the Haze online multiplayer for years, and made many friends playing it, and the Haze community is great.
This was all fine and dandy until mid October of this year when we started seeing this message whenever we tried to access the online play: 'Connection to Demonware failed. Please try again later.'

So we fiddled with our routers, checked our connections, opened ports, put our PS3's into DMZ's, all that stuff. Nothing changed.

I, meanwhile, tried to contact Demonware, and after long searches (they don't have a support section on their webpage as they have been acquired by Activision) I got hold of a phone number and rang them.

Demonware were sympathetic but explained that they had no information about the servers and that I would have to contact Activision as they had bought Demonware and they were now responsible for the servers.
I had already tried Activision, again with no luck, they have a support section but nowhere to ask a question, just FAQs, and no links to 'Haze' because Haze is not an Activision game, its Ubisoft's.

Anyway, here I entered into a long email dialogue with Ubisoft, who finally stated that they had: ''...discontinued server support for Haze well over a year ago, if the game has been up and running til recently we were not responsible.''
Now I was not at all impressed that Ubisoft, or any company, would just withdraw online support for a game without any notice, don't forget we were still getting the 'please try again later' screen with no explanations at all, and some of us had recently bought expansion packs for the game from the Playstation Store, the map packs are still available to buy, as is the game itself.

Ubisoft won't say if they'll ever reinstate server support, they flatly refused to give us a definite 'yes' or 'no'.

I've been trying to get Ubisoft to reinstate the servers, along with these guys on  the HAZE facebook page and on my own facebook ID (Johro Haze, I hate facebook, but send a friend request if you want to help out and get the info)

The long and the short of it is, we would like any help we can get, (consider that in time it could be your favourite game that's for the chop, Ubisoft do Assassins Creed, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Call of Juarez etc.)

and we have just created a petition, you can find the link on my fb page (Johro Haze, you'd have to add me)

or just type HAZE in facebook, I could've just copied and pasted the petition link but this forum won't let me post it.

Please sign it, share it and help us out, we'd really appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (209 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Re: 'Haze' online multiplayer servers pulled, please sign our petition!

Jan 15, 2013

Same old same old..

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (205 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Unimpressed.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (203 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jan 16, 2013

ECHO!!!..echo...echo...cho...cho...o...o........

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3080 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Whats haze?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Jan 22, 2013

People played that crap?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 27, 2013

its sad that ubisoft has become a crap developer.  so many quality franchises going  downhill.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (136 Views)
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 30, 2013

shotGUNballa wrote:

its sad that ubisoft has become a crap developer.  so many quality franchises going  downhill.

i'll agree with you there...it sux they turned these servers off...it was a pretty good game.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 30, 2013

The online players of HAZE were the funniest shooting gamers i had ever played it. Most of them did not seem to know where to go nor know exactly what to do but it was fun playing with them. The Co-Op campaign was a great experience.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (119 Views)
0 Likes