Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 29 2013
By: Rodney773 Splicer 78 posts

If you have a character in DEFIANCE PS3 BETA version...

3 replies 312 views Edited Mar 29, 2013

I played the BETA version of Defiance and completely LOVED it!

BUT

Will I be able to keep my BETA character info like weapon items and levels and skill ups and currency from the BETA to use in the retail version I preordered?

It's not like I got real far into the BETA (only about 20 hours of play) but I had some really nice upgraded weapons and stuff I would like to be able to keep. (Not to mention I really like how I had my characters looks set up. Face, hair and such)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7121 posts

Re: If you have a character in DEFIANCE PS3 BETA version...

Mar 29, 2013

No, everything will be wiped.

I certainly expect that you will be able to recreate the look of your character at least.

AmnesiaInnocent Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I hope so. She was very pretty but it is the weapons I had I will miss the most. I had a real sweet smg that fired lightning charged explosive rounds and did 385dmg and fired x5 rounds per trigger press so it did 385 x 5 = 1925 dmg per shot. (trigger press)

and the lightning effect would keep any mob I was shooting stunned and twitching so he could not move until I finished it off.

The explosive part added even more damage and made killing the mobs with riot shields a snap.

Unfortunately I got a confirmation e-mail from Trion (the game maker) that ALL character data WILL BE LOST.

This was the message I got from them. (I removed personal info)

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I wanted to let you know I looked into this for you, and Once Defiance goes live, all beta characters will be wiped. You will not keep any currency, items, ego levels etc, as everyone will be starting as new players. However, if you did any of the Ark Hunter codes, or pre-ordered the game, you will have any bonus rewards that those give out.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (290 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 30, 2013
I'd like to keep my sticky grenade firing sawed-off shotgun but I'm fine with starting from scratch again even though I made 2 characters on the Beta and made it to the ranching area (1st character hit the Beta wall).

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (285 Views)
0 Likes