Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 09 2011
By: gamekid2350 Sackboy 529 posts

Resistance 3 and the playstation move

10 replies 1096 views Edited Sep 9, 2011

Like many people out there, I am a very big resistance fan and I am playing resistance 3, but I do have one odd problem.

Resistance 3 is compatible with both the playstation 3 move controller and the sharpshooter attachment, but for some odd reason, the move hardware will not work for me. What happens is that upon booting into resistance 3, I'm unable to navigate the game's menus with the navigation controller and the playstation eye does not detect the move hardware at all. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps and have done everything that I can do, but nothing seems to work. I called Sony about the situation and there are no known issues about resistance 3 at all. Now I know that resistance 3 has not been out on the market for very long, but in the year that I have had playstation move, I have never had any issues of any kind with the hardware. The move came out a year ago this month.

It's a shame that I can't play resistance 3 with the move hardware and sharpshooter, but I have no idea what the problem is. Does anyone else have this issue?

If you're thinking about playing resistance 3 with the move, you might want to hold off on that choice as there does seem to be a problem, at least with me.

Message 1 of 11 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

Re: Resistance 3 and the playstation move

Sep 9, 2011

There is a problem with Move and Resistance 3. You shoud head over to myresistance.net and voice your problems. I actualy haven't heard of ths issue, but someone there may have.

Message 2 of 11 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Sep 9, 2011

How do you log into resistance.net?

Message 3 of 11 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Sep 9, 2011

I'm having the exact same problem!  I think it's a glitch.  I know I just downloaded a huge update but it didn't seem to solve that issue.  Do you have the navigator too?  It doesn't work either with the move....

Message 4 of 11 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Sep 9, 2011

For me, the navigational controller does not work, but the move controller does. I need both to work. The playstation eye is also not detected. I'm playing resistance 3 with the six axis for now as it may be some time before a fix is applied.

Message 5 of 11 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 16, 2011

i cant control the main menu with the move but i can control it w the navigator.. i am haveing problems signing a second player in for co-op, it wont recognize a player 2. screen says P2 press start, i do so, but it does not sign in or do anything for that fact.

Message 6 of 11 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 17, 2011

dont really like using the move on resistance 3, i beat killzone 3 with the move that was awesome, the move controlling on killzone3 is alot better, i hope they change the way you play with the move just like killzone3 did

Message 7 of 11 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 27, 2011

I have this problem too!! I got the game for Christmas and me and my sister have been wanting to play on co-op but can't because she simply can't join. The start doesn't work at all! What a waste of money to pay for 2 sharpshooters and to only be able to use one.

Message 8 of 11 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 30, 2011

Same problem here, I can't navigate any menus with the Navigator and when you get into the game, I can look around but can't move at all.  How aggravating as I was really looking forward to playing today. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 24, 2012

The wand should be assigned to position 5 and the navigation controller should be assigned to position 7. It want working for me either but after fiddling with the controller assignments this hasn't failed me yet!

Message 10 of 11 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes