Uncharted Territory
1684 posts

Re: There is no such thing as a "cheap" kill or tactic......

Jul 2, 2010

While I generally subscribe to the "If you complain about n00b weapons then it's YOU who is the n00b" school of thought, there ARE weapons that simply require little to no skill at all to wield successfully.

The only one I'm going to mention by name:

USAS = U Suck At Shooting.

Message 11 of 12 (8 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Re: There is no such thing as a "cheap" kill or tactic......

Jul 2, 2010

I'd have to disagree with this statement.

One example of a cheap tactic that comes to my mind is using the Splicer in R2's multiplayer. My friend isn't the best at games in general, so when I noticed his KDR suddenly rising, I was curious to see what he was doing. I quickly found out as I watched dozens of saws whiz past my head. In any map with confined hallways, in this case, the subways of Chicago, all the player needs to do is point at the walls and then "spray and pray."

With a weapon like the one above, along with its tactic of just shooting like crazy, it makes the experience feel somewhat cheap. I tried to use it a couple of times and stopped because I didn't like getting handfuls of kills by just luck. Sure, the weapon is available to everyone, but that doesn't change the fact that the kills gained from it feel slightly hollow.

Message 12 of 12 (8 Views)