Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 26 2010
By: TheKillingSmiley Lombax Warrior 199 posts

There is no such thing as a "cheap" kill or tactic......

11 replies 4 views Edited Jun 26, 2010

I just recently posted this in the CoD section but I was hoping to get some feed back from people who just play shooters in general.

I use to complain all the time about the grenade launchers, OMA, danger close, shotguns, quickscoping, blah blah blah blah blah (I think you get the picture).

Now though, I understand there is no such thing as a "cheap" or "noob/ish" kill.

It's simple. There is no rules for your basic public online matches that say what you can and can not do. No where does it say that, and let the flaming begin, using OMA, Danger Close, and grenade launchers is against the rules. Its simply a tactic. A very simple approach to getting kills but none the less, a legit tactic to get kills and win a game. Same thing goes for guns that are supposedly "noob" guns for whatever reason people like to come up with.

For example: You're playing Sabotage at Highrise. You notice the bomb has been dropped inside a tunnel. In turn, you run down there with your assault rifle doing your best to stay alert, but right when you grab the bomb.......an enemy comes out from a corner and kills you with his AA-12 shotgun. Yes, he sprayed it in almost every possible direction, yes he is camping the bomb with the shotgun, but guess what? He killed you and has now secured a care package which gave him a pavelow.

So........ 

Did he cheat? No.

Is he a @#%$#!!!!!! for doing what he did? No.

Was he using a cheap gun? No.

Did he legitimately kill you? Yes.

Did his strategy beat yours? Yes.

You see, there is nothing wrong with what the opposing player did. He didn't use a hack, he didn't "break" the game, he didn't even get a kill through lag. He simply got the kill and is now helping his team win by having a pavelow in the air.

Now....

Do you suck cause you got killed? No.

Are you terrible because you got killed by an extremely short range shotgun? No.

Are you capable of killing him by using a different approach. Yes.

Are you able to kill him the same way he killed you? Yes.

Will you feel redeemed if you go right back and headshot the guy? Hell Yes.

In the end, the usual reasons people get upset with dying by a specific weapon or playing style is because.....

A. They wish they had thought of it.

B. They wish they were as good with a specific weapon as their killer.

C. They want everyone they face to use the gun that they are extremely good at using, so they have a better chance.

D. They refuse to admit that they got killed in a legit manner.

E. They're not as good as they think they are.

Players today tend to think to highly of their skills before really being put to the test and fail to recognize genuine skill in other players.

The goal in online play is to obviously do good and to win. However, when people have issues with these goals is when stuff gets complicated. People start blaming the game because it has things that can kill them. People get angry because everyone doesn't play the way the game "should" or is "meant" to be played. Its a continuous cycle of anger and confusion. People tend to think that they are better than they really are at something, while the better players always think they are worst then they really are and continually look for improvements.  So instead of getting angry and blaming something in the game or how someone is playing the game, simply attempt to out think them. Use the audio from the game to your advantage. Play the game and try to always think out the box. Try to be unpredictable.

So the next time you see a guy, or girl , on the other team "noob tubing" your entire team to victory. Don't blame the killer for using a simple strategy to kill you team's predictable movements. Blame you're team for being to "normal" and remember, there are no rules in public matches.

I'll understand the flaming, the "Cool story, bro!", and everything else. Just take this quote in to thought the next time you feel like blaming a game or another player for failures.

"In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"  -Bertrand Russell

Leader of clan , recruitment is open!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5800 posts

Re: There is no such thing as a "cheap" kill or tactic......

Jun 26, 2010

Its alright if your skill level only allows you to spray with an auto-shotgun...no need to make a big thread justifying yourself. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5388 posts

Jun 26, 2010
The only thing I deem cheap is the appropriately named "noobtube."
Christina Lee photo Christinalee_zpsa4a832cb.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
948 posts

Jun 26, 2010

You are right. But some games are just flawed or bad quality.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1522 posts

Jun 27, 2010

there IS such thing as being cheap.  if you were fighting someone, and they punch you in the nuts, good luck convincing people that it isnt cheap. 

there is no way you can convince me that there aren't cheap tactics comparitive to being punched in the nuts.

some people do complain for no reason, yes, but some do have a purpose.  there are some extremely bad campers and nobody can deny it, people acting about as manly as the translator from saving private ryan.  (turn to 8:30)  and dont forget all of the exploiters and hackers out there, they are being complained about just as much as campers and are also the "cheap" people we talk about.

TheKillingSmiley wrote:
The goal in online play is to obviously do good and to win. However, when people have issues with these goals is when stuff gets complicated. People start blaming the game because it has things that can kill them. People get angry because everyone doesn't play the way the game "should" or is "meant" to be played. Its a continuous cycle of anger and confusion. People tend to think that they are better than they really are at something, while the better players always think they are worst then they really are and continually look for improvements.  So instead of getting angry and blaming something in the game or how someone is playing the game, simply attempt to out think them. Use the audio from the game to your advantage. Play the game and try to always think out the box. Try to be unpredictable.

so many things are wrong with this paragraph.  people DO have the right to get angry when someone doesnt play the game the way its meant to be played.  people take advantage of team-based game to get a l33t K/D!  they ignore objectives ONLY to get kills and a higher K/D, since they KNOW that someone will grab that bomb that they themselves should be grabbing, they will camp it just for a fewcheap kills. this happens on ALL game modes. 

i consider noob tubing flag C all game while not attempting to capture anything cheap.

i consider camping your base in SnD or any other game type that requires you to ATTACK, not camp, cheap

they get cheap kills

TheKillingSmiley wrote:

In the end, the usual reasons people get upset with dying by a specific weapon or playing style is because.....

A. They wish they had thought of it.

B. They wish they were as good with a specific weapon as their killer.

C. They want everyone they face to use the gun that they are extremely good at using, so they have a better chance.

D. They refuse to admit that they got killed in a legit manner.

E. They're not as good as they think they are.

these points are just complete bullcrap, and will just leave it at that

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7027 posts

Jun 27, 2010

ThisWhiteGuy wrote:

Its alright if your skill level only allows you to spray with an auto-shotgun...no need to make a big thread justifying yourself. 

Lol

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2890 posts

Jun 27, 2010
i agree 100% at with TKS. anyone who denies what he says, needs to look at the big picture
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5586 posts

Jun 28, 2010

There is such a thing.You're telling me when you have some nutsac spawncamp you repeatedly in Battlefield Bad Company, in order to deplete your Rush tickets there's no such thing? What world are you living in?

I don't think Commando and Marathon are cheap, it's just them in combination get really annoying really quick.

Just because something isn't against the rules doesn't mean it's cheap. Cheap means it takes little skill. I don't really care about danger close, quickscoping, or any of the other things you mentioned, but you better not as hell come up and start talking about that there is no such thing as cheapness.

Photobucket
I've done the math and discovered I was never part of the equation.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1687 posts

Jul 1, 2010

Gamesradar anyone?

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8774 posts

Jul 1, 2010

Sure there are things I would consider cheap tactics... even though ultimately I feel the things that are most cheap are just the end result of poor design choices in games. You make something real easy to do or exploitable and people are going to take advantage of it. Quicksniping on COD when players toogle in and out of ADS for every shot is a cheap tactic and an exploit of the aim assist. There is no reason to back out of your scope and then immediately go back into it other then to try and get help from the aim assist system in that game.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes